christmas event 2008: reward issue.

psvstef

we all know we're getting a santa suit as reward but what about the hat?

i found something but i don't know the source.

someone said it was taken from a interview with a j-mod:

"Ever since we released the Santa Hat years ago we had intended to release a suit that would go along with it. We're happy that we're releasing it now because we believe it will create some excitement in the rare item market which has plummeted in recent years."
Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Where is the issue? We get a Santa suit.. It will (hopefully) go perfectly with a santa hat. Which will sky rocket in price just like the current seasonal rare always does. If you don't have a santa hat, you get a santa suit. Stinks for you if you want to dress like santa, but still, not a big issue.

35b9enp.jpg

Sorry but whats the issue here?

I think Im missing something...

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

something for people to wear for 2 weeks, i personally want elf shoes ;( but all my holiday items end up going straight to my costume room still nice to get em and do the events though

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I personally wanted the elf costume and the pet reindeer but no such luck. :P

But in any case, I decided to get into the spirit by changing my clothes one day in Varrock so that I had a frilled blouse, fancy sleeves (I think.. the one with the white cuffs), and just a long skirt. All items of clothing were red, and I donned on a red cape, mime boots, red Canifis gloves (yes they're obtainable on F2P through trading or GE), and my Santa hat. Then I proceeded to Falador to go back to runecrafting.

Oh gods. The number of people asking me where I got the Santa suit. ROFL!

Is the problem that, according to Jagex, the rare market is declining?

I think I"m missing something here...

-Recksash

Recksash.png

Politics,n. Strife of interests masquerading as a conflict of principles. -Ambrose Bierce

Barrow drops:

Verac's Helm

What's going to happen is that they'll be a santa bottom, top, gloves, beard, wig and possibly gloves/shoes. No hat, thus quickly raising the demand for the rare Santa hats to "complete the look".
I don't think they'd give out so many items. If anything, I think it'd be more like the Halloween event clothing we got this year: just a top, bottom, and cape.

What's going to happen is that they'll be a santa bottom, top, gloves, beard, wig and possibly gloves/shoes. No hat, thus quickly raising the demand for the rare Santa hats to "complete the look".
If anything, I think it'd be more like the Halloween event clothing we got this year: just a top, bottom, and cape.

Yeah or more accurately, a sack to carry more items (hopefully :pray: )

sherman2k.png

If anything, I think it'd be more like the Halloween event clothing we got this year: just a top, bottom, and cape.

holiday event items are never usefull.

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Holiday rares are known to rise before that holiday it corresponds to... it will plummet again afterward even with the extension of the Santa suits. simply because nobody wheres that lets say around easter time.

Rares imo will stay at that price. People have realized that they are totally useless and that its better to just spend the money on skills such as firemaking or prayer.

It will only make the Santa Hat skyrocket in value.

I think most people that voted for Santa Suit were expecting to get a hat along with it because they're noobs. The rest just wanted a more valuable item to sell. :evil:

Oh well. I already know I'll just toss it into my costume chest along with my other crappy event items like the chicken suit.

I think most people that voted for Santa Suit were expecting to get a hat along with it because they're noobs. The rest just wanted a more valuable item to sell. :evil:

Oh well. I already know I'll just toss it into my costume chest along with my other crappy event items like the chicken suit.

Same really, except I'd let Ned look after mine :D

I've forgotten now, what were the other options? I remember I didn't vote for a Santa suit, knowing I wouldn't still own my Santa hat.

It's kinda obvious that Santa hat prices (and fez prices :lol: ) will shoot through the roof. :x

Thanksgiving event?

I'm thinking they'll probably just give a top that makes you fat and pants to go with it :)

And a few days after christmas, I'm gonna get rich off my santa hat :twisted:

I'm thinking they'll probably just give a top that makes you fat and pants to go with it :)

It's a crummy reward. No girl wants to look fat and jolly. :(

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

It's a crummy reward. No girl wants to look fat and jolly. :(

There could be a Mrs.Clause costume for females. Such as there was a witch and warlock costume for Halloween this year.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Thanksgiving event?

You're calling the cornucopia useful? :|

But in any case, I decided to get into the spirit by changing my clothes one day in Varrock so that I had a frilled blouse, fancy sleeves (I think.. the one with the white cuffs), and just a long skirt. All items of clothing were red, and I donned on a red cape, mime boots, red Canifis gloves (yes they're obtainable on F2P through trading or GE), and my Santa hat. Then I proceeded to Falador to go back to runecrafting.

Oh gods. The number of people asking me where I got the Santa suit. ROFL!

I want to sit on santas lap <3:

OT: I really don't see the issue here...? Jagex is throwing santa hat owners a bone.

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

I've forgotten now, what were the other options? I remember I didn't vote for a Santa suit, knowing I wouldn't still own my Santa hat.

It's kinda obvious that Santa hat prices (and fez prices :lol: ) will shoot through the roof. :x

[hide=rewards]Santa suit 29% (56874 votes)

Pet reindeer 25% (48513 votes)

An icicle sword 24% (47180 votes)

Elf costume 12% (23131 votes)

Candy cane cane 6% (10800 votes)

Christmas present 2% (4348 votes)

Boots that look like presents 1% (2362 votes)

A roast turkey with all the trimmings 1% (1348 votes)

Christmas stocking 0% (811 votes)

Mince pies 0% (536 votes)[/hide]

RIP Michaelangelopolous

[hide=rewards]Santa suit 29% (56874 votes)

Pet reindeer 25% (48513 votes)

An icicle sword 24% (47180 votes)

Elf costume 12% (23131 votes)

Candy cane cane 6% (10800 votes)

Christmas present 2% (4348 votes)

Boots that look like presents 1% (2362 votes)

A roast turkey with all the trimmings 1% (1348 votes)

Christmas stocking 0% (811 votes)

Mince pies 0% (536 votes)[/hide]

I bet more than half of the santa suit voters are merchants and the other half were uninfirmed players would thought it came with the hat.

I think since they said it would make it rise it'll match some what and not be some total piece of [cabbage].

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012