16th December 2008 - Stealing Creation Reward Changes

Xecer

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*cough* melee torso/leg/helm with a whip still=double xp.... :shock: :shock: <3:
I just gained 23k experience in 10 minutes at the armoured zombies, without a super set, and with 82-83 stats. It'd be like 180k exp/hr for someone with 99-99. :shock: :shock: <3: indeed.

I need to play this minigame. A lot.

EDIT: I get about 21k experience per 10 minutes with the full melee set, but it lasts a little longer, so I think that's probably the best choice.

You have to consider the time it takes to get the items though.

A full melee set without the scim will last for 100k xp (or around that) and it takes 2 or 3 games to get one. 20mins per game.

So you could be either playing sc half and train half or train all the way and you'll get the same xp.

Where the benefit lies is in cost reduction. Any skill that requires you to pay for something will now give 2 times the xp for the same price.

The only thing I don't like is that it's more profitable now to just buy lots of hats than buy a full set. I think some sort of bonus (maybe 2.5x xp or lasts much longer) should be given if you use the whole set.

Overall I like this update though, brings people to sc which is a minigame I enjoy.

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

A full melee set without the scim will last for 100k xp (or around that) and it takes 2 or 3 games to get one. 20mins per game.

So you could be either playing sc half and train half or train all the way and you'll get the same xp.

You are, of course, correct. I'd just rather play a minigame for an hour then train for an hour, rather than train for two hours and gain the same amount of experience.

Where the benefit lies is in cost reduction. Any skill that requires you to pay for something will now give 2 times the xp for the same price.

On the other hand, if you're doing something profitable, your profit gets cut in half. Sometimes it's not worth doing.

Experience from a cannon also seems to double, so I'll probably use the chest and legs when I get something like dagannoths for slayer.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

Wow, seems like this update will actually be a game changing update. Everyone should do sc now.

I've got a question though.

I know hats are better to buy since its cheaper, and all items last as long. However, once you have the item, doesnt it cost the same (being 20 reward pts) to charge it up again. If this is true, then I dont see why you should get so many hats.

Wow, seems like this update will actually be a game changing update. Everyone should do sc now.

I've got a question though.

I know hats are better to buy since its cheaper, and all items last as long. However, once you have the item, doesnt it cost the same (being 20 reward pts) to charge it up again. If this is true, then I dont see why you should get so many hats.

for rangers, the top and bottom are only green dragonhide quality, you're better off wearing just the hat and some black dhide/armadyl etc

for mages, same idea goes, you could just use ahrims

hats just affect your ranged/mage bonus less

Naaxi.png

I really like this i mean the mini game is one of the better ones, :thumbsup: and while training you have more motivation when you see bigger chunks of exp, and can get tons of exp quickly or at least it feel quicker if it isn't

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

I get 99 smithing (well 410 xp off) and then they turn it into the next cooking, gj.

except 99 cooking is pretty much worthless =x

Actually, it makes you have a less chance of burning stuff.

haha

I'm curious, is the time you get for wearing a full set of the armour + weapon more than the sum of wearing one part at a time? :?: (cause Santa smilies are ftw)

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the answer in the knowledge base. In case anyone else is curious, one part at a time is the same as all the parts together. i.e. Two parts worn together will last as long as two parts worn separately.

Flyingjj.png

1 hammer = ~600+ mithril bolts (10)

1 axe = ~100+ Euc logs

:) :( :P <--just noticed, awesome smilies!

Too bad the extreme nerf in points rewarded after a game.

Someone who gets 15K points during game gets 15 points afterwards.

Someone who gets 150K points during game gets 26 points afterwards.

Why even bother trying hard any more?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

sacred armour - does the charge run out per monster, or xp???? i hope monster, cause i'm attacking level 28 kalphites w/ only 40hp and they're running out quick. thanks

Should be xp based, only managed 16.5k extra(rangin blk demons) from my ranged helms before they ran out.

chaosoffar.png

Got a bunch of proto tools for harpoons, just 'cause I was bored really.

Each shark caught with a proto harpoon gives 220xp, and lasts for 120 sharks.

120*220 = 26.4k xp per harpoon. Experience would be even better with shark gloves, but I'm not sure if I meet the level req for those, and I don't really like FoG that much.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]