16th December 2008 - Stealing Creation Reward Changes

Xecer

runescape.com wrote

A while ago, we announced that we would be making changes to the rewards for the Stealing Creation minigame. These changes have gone live today.

* Players can no longer gain combat experience inside the Stealing Creation minigame. Instead, the sacred clay combat equipment rewards give bonus experience when they are used. This means that combat experience rewards are given in the same way as reward experience for non-combat skills.

* Sacred clay reward items give experience at a much greater rate than previously. While using one of these items, the normal experience you would gain is doubled.

* Rather than having a fixed number of transformations, the reward items will lose charge gradually as they give experience. The more experience you are gaining, the quicker the charge will run out.

* The system for buying reward items has changed. The score you earn in the minigame is now converted into reward points, and you buy reward items using these points. If you had any points stored before this update, 200,000 of those points will be converted to the new system. Any other points will be lost. In addition, if you had more than ten tools or ten pieces of armour/weapons, any excess have been converted to reward points.

Mod John A

RuneScape Developer

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope the exp is good :) (bought 10 staves :D)

Can you let us know if the double exp only works with combat spells?

I'm sure it won't work with spells such as: High Alch; I just want some proof.

EDIT: You can't get the double exp from making flat packs... Hammer only works for literally making something.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I sure hope the exp is good :) (bought 10 staves :D)

Can you let us know if the double exp only works with combat spells?

I'm sure it won't work with spells such as: High Alch; I just want some proof.

WHAT THE F...

I just tried getting the double exp with the hammers, for construction... and it didn't get me it... great, I saved ten hammers for nothing...

The bonus will only work with combat spells.

Just took the SC scimmy to zombie monkeys, I guess you don't need the armor to get the bonus. Or do you get more of a bonus if you wear it? IDK, all I know is that double exp was VERY short lived. Has anyone tried playing the game yet to see how many points you get per game?

Just took the SC scimmy to zombie monkeys, I guess you don't need the armor to get the bonus. Or do you get more of a bonus if you wear it? IDK, all I know is that double exp was VERY short lived. Has anyone tried playing the game yet to see how many points you get per game?

you get 20-30 points a game according to the guide

20 points nets you a tool

Naaxi.png

The more pieces you have, the longer the bonus lasts.

I got 80k+ magic xp with my full set of mage robes, and it took about 53% off. So that's maybe 150-170k xp if you use the full set. I got that 80k xp in about 45minutes, by the way. I was using fire wave on black demons.

I think you are able to get the xp bonus without the weapon, but it will last for a shorter amount of time. I'm not sure about this though, I'd appreciate if someone tested it. I'll try and get to it later, myself.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I got 80k+ magic xp with my full set of mage robes, and it took about 53% off. So that's maybe 150-170k xp if you use the full set. I got that 80k xp in about 45minutes, by the way. I was using fire wave on black demons.

I think you are able to get the xp bonus without the weapon, but it will last for a shorter amount of time. I'm not sure about this though, I'd appreciate if someone tested it. I'll try and get to it later, myself.

If you use a set, it will last as long as the sum of all the pieces + bonus time cause of the set. That's what the knowlegde base says. According to this, It might be better to just use ahrim + staff for increased accuracy at the cost of a bit faster degrading.

If you use a set, it will last as long as the sum of all the pieces + bonus time cause of the set. That's what the knowlegde base says. According to this, It might be better to just use ahrim + staff for increased accuracy at the cost of a bit faster degrading.

I recommend not getting the staves, since you would need all the runes needed to cast a spell, including elemental ones.

I recommend not getting the staves, since you would need all the runes needed to cast a spell, including elemental ones.

Okay, you got me there :-). Hat might be the best choice then.

Btw, I'm using my sacred clay hammer on addy bars. They give double the xp now, and one hammer lasts 515 bars. I heard the lasting time is xp based, so with mith bars theyll last longer I guess. Also, for plate makers, the xp is double too. Not like + 30 xp per item smithed, like before. Making addy plates is now 300k xp/h, not counting the time to get the hammers :o.

Anyone know if the hammers count per bar or per item?

* Rather than having a fixed number of transformations, the reward items will lose charge gradually as they give experience. The more experience you are gaining, the quicker the charge will run out.
I think its per .. exp. lol

Its by experience, I believe. Hammers give a total of 32025 experience and the harpoon gives 13876.8 experience. (look at the debugger glitch)

So you can only have 10 tools now? Or did they just remove the tools you had until you had 10, and you can buy more again?

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Its by experience, I believe. Hammers give a total of 32025 experience and the harpoon gives 13876.8 experience. (look at the debugger glitch)

So you can only have 10 tools now? Or did they just remove the tools you had until you had 10, and you can buy more again?

wonder how construction fares?

mining only lasts for about 7k xp btw

Naaxi.png