How Much is Your Account Worth to You?

HugeBrain

Bump btw

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

My account is well.... priceless and not for the same reasons you have all said. i just quit playing less than a week ago because the thrill of the game left me. i played for hours and hours to get to goals i had set for myself and after it all i just had a cool new sword and alot of cash lol. i would say that it was priceless because the fun and anger i experienced at lvl 10 was so much fun now that i look back on it. the grief that you felt when you died from a bear and lost half your 10k net worth or your friend talking you into following him and getting killed from the tree at dranor house. if i gave my account to someone they couldn't have that experience that i feel every player should have. i mean ya my first dragon drop was cool and my first visage drop or my ags are all good memory's but its the early ones i look back on with such a warm glow in my heart. all in all i did enjoy my time and i hope that others enjoy it also. scape on

ps when you all do chose to quit throw a big drop party and watch the noobs run to it. when you drop 36m cash in fally it lights up like the 4th. totally worth it

how thoughtful! I too enjoy those first memories most when looking back. being a noob was so much fun! I remember when my bro got stuck in the varrock sewers and me and my friend had to rescue him from the giant spiders lol. I also remember my brother complaining to my parents during a trip to the beach about how I wouldn't give him one of the seven steel meds I had found on the ground... Money was so much more fun obtaining and having back then. Now making money takes days and days and you can get millions of gp!, but when your trying to purchase things like a gs or bandos or whatever 10m plus item you got your heart set on the game becomes boring and meaningless. You'll be happy when you achieve your goals but they become increasing more difficult and farther apart than when your goal was to grow to lvl 10 fishing.

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

For me this is quite the interesting question. About a year ago I tried to give my account some arbitrary monetary value based on skills, items, house. That was a pathetic understatement. How could I miss so much? It took me months to realize this when I finally asked myself this very question and that ended up costing me dearly.

I didn't realize at the time that this account's true value comes from the priceless memories that I felt whilst playing this game, each achievement, each quest, each friend. You can't give value to those things just like you can't give a value to the account.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Lots of people would pay over 300 dollars for an account.

Think of it this way, assuming 10 dollars an hour, you can make 300 dollars in 30 hours. or about a month more or less depending on how much you work.

The average account gets hundreds of hours of work put into it. So when you think mathematically, you are better off working 30 hours, buying a good account than making the account yourself, this is not taking into account how much you may like training, or weather its against the rules.

O.O

Think of it this way, assuming 10 dollars an hour, you can make 300 dollars in 30 hours. or about a month more or less depending on how much you work.

The average account gets hundreds of hours of work put into it. So when you think mathematically, you are better off working 30 hours, buying a good account than making the account yourself, this is not taking into account how much you may like training, or weather its against the rules.

Hence why there actually is a demand for illegal real world trading market. However there is no true feeling of accomplishment in that and it can never quite feel like 'your account'.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Hence why there actually is a demand for illegal real world trading market. However there is no true feeling of accomplishment in that and it can never quite feel like 'your account'.

true. I can understand why people would buy runescape money though. I have often felt that urge as making the money needed to purchase the things that are now on my buy list such as bandos and godswords and other expensive items is incredibly tedious. Buying someone else's account though would seem wrong. That feeling saved me from many a scam when I refused to transfer all of my items to a better account deemed for a recovery hack. I've never actually bought any as it seemed like I would actually rather have the money when it came down 2 it.

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

I dont think I could sell my account for any less then 5 thousand or so. Ive put a lot of time into my character, have had and still have a lot of fun on this game. If I were to sell, I dont think I would ever come back to the game. There is no way I would be able to start over.

envysfavouritemember.png

For me this is quite the interesting question. About a year ago I tried to give my account some arbitrary monetary value based on skills, items, house. That was a pathetic understatement. How could I miss so much? It took me months to realize this when I finally asked myself this very question and that ended up costing me dearly.

I didn't realize at the time that this account's true value comes from the priceless memories that I felt whilst playing this game, each achievement, each quest, each friend. You can't give value to those things just like you can't give a value to the account.

So true, well said!

I'd miss having my account and playing on my account more than I'd miss having 10M$ or whatever ridiculous amount of money you can think of.

In my opinion, "Money doesn't buy happiness."

200 zillion billion trillion :thumbsup: :mrgreen: <3: :thumbup: :shock:

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

I'd put a nice little tag of $250.00 (USD of course!).. Paypal please. Any offers? :)

Help me buy my new Fender Stratocaster: Player's Deluxe - Gold Edition! Heh..

With 99 Magic, it's worth a little more than $250. I KNOW it would sell for at least $375 USD.

But how would I know?

:anxious:

My account would be pretty worthless, i'm sure a runescape pro could get my skills and items in less than a month, but the amount of time i've sat no-lifing on it, it'd have to be a lot of money to find an alternative, i'd say no less than a thousand.

xQx.png

Drops: 2 Bandos chestplates 2 Bandos hilt, 2 Armadyl hilts, at least 3 of every single Barrows item. More splits than i can remember

never really thought about it 135m cash isnt easy to get

soo a thousand ish? idk haha

I wouldn't have agreed with this before the new real world trading enforcements. before if you were going to purchase an account you could buy millions of gp for much cheaper than what your asking. But now that may be a fairly accurate quantity. But I'm no expert ::'

I dont know how much I'd be willing to sell my account for to somebody if it was allowed but I've often thought about this...If I had a real magic Genie in return for NEVER being able to play RS again I would gladly cash out my entire bank of items into gp and trade them 1/1 ratio for real USD in a heart beat, I think that's pretty fair for lifetime banishment right? :-# (I'd probably make out with about 120M cash if I liquidated everything right now). Think of all that you could do irl with that amount of money and no rs to cloud your focus haha.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

I'd accept 500+? pounds for mine. (if I was to sell ofc)

Had account since classic, so I have most holiday items.

21.3m rc exp.

28m+ craft exp.

3rd age melee helm.

etc etc..

I am quit now, so yeah.

if53pv.png

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

mine is worth a google in us currency

(a google is 1+1 mill zeros) :shock: