How Much is Your Account Worth to You?

HugeBrain

I would think my account is worth ~$35,000. I've chosen my approximate wage (for my future career) and estimated my hours spent on here, and it's come to around $35,000.

:lol:

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Well, I'm a dad with 4 kids, a wife, dog, 2 cats, house, and a car about which to worry, so if some eccentric person offered me 1 million dollars for my account, well then, they can have it. I'm a bit sentimental about this game and my time spent on it, but not 1 million dollars worth of sentimental.

On the other hand, if someone hijacked my account for ransom, I wouldn't even spend the price of postage to get it back. We're held hostage in our lives by forces beyond our control often enough already. I assume my account is secure, but if I'm wrong, then I'll chalk it up to yet another of life's lessons and move on.

My account is well.... priceless and not for the same reasons you have all said. i just quit playing less than a week ago because the thrill of the game left me. i played for hours and hours to get to goals i had set for myself and after it all i just had a cool new sword and alot of cash lol. i would say that it was priceless because the fun and anger i experienced at lvl 10 was so much fun now that i look back on it. the grief that you felt when you died from a bear and lost half your 10k net worth or your friend talking you into following him and getting killed from the tree at dranor house. if i gave my account to someone they couldn't have that experience that i feel every player should have. i mean ya my first dragon drop was cool and my first visage drop or my ags are all good memory's but its the early ones i look back on with such a warm glow in my heart. all in all i did enjoy my time and i hope that others enjoy it also. scape on

ps when you all do chose to quit throw a big drop party and watch the noobs run to it. when you drop 36m cash in fally it lights up like the 4th. totally worth it

Its been about a month from when i quit and while i still do believe that starting from level 3 is the best i wouldnt feel bad at all giving my accounts away, because ei know the time and effort i spent on them and if someone had been banned or lost an account i would feel bad making them start over. To be honest, i dont have any reason to come back anymore, so while i know selling accounts is illegal, is giving them away ok? because i have dax1224 and alt1ma still and there are just sitting there....

dax1224.png

alt1ma.png

Its been about a month from when i quit and while i still do believe that starting from level 3 is the best i wouldnt feel bad at all giving my accounts away, because ei know the time and effort i spent on them and if someone had been banned or lost an account i would feel bad making them start over. To be honest, i dont have any reason to come back anymore, so while i know selling accounts is illegal, is giving them away ok? because i have dax1224 and alt1ma still and there are just sitting there....

OK pm me in-game with dax's password :lol:

Erin go bragh (Ireland for ever)

tetsupportsig2.jpg

I don't think I'd ever sell it. I have put a ton of time into my account, especially in the early years of rs2. But its not really about the time, Runescape is part of who I am, and however sad that may seem. I also go on to blow off some steam, it just calms me down sometimes :?

Hitman247m.png

I would think my account is worth ~$35,000. I've chosen my approximate wage (for my future career) and estimated my hours spent on here, and it's come to around $35,000.

oh right yeh, so all the time ive spent not in college or at work, i should be paid a wage for?

oh right yeh, so all the time ive spent not in college or at work, i should be paid a wage for?

He's saying in the time he spent playing RS, he could have made that much money if he had worked instead of played.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

He's saying in the time he spent playing RS, he could have made that much money if he had worked instead of played.

Could he have really spent those hours working for that much money?

Did he HAVE the chance to get the job during the time he was playing?

Was he even old enough to GET the job at the time?

The "value" of your time is not how much you WOULD earn assuming you worked in that time, but how much you realistically COULD earn and how much you'd actually be giving up.

Whatpulse!

213358.png

Exactly. ;)

tipitsig.jpg

Well, Let's see, 4 years of membersip at $7.50 that's already $360. so selling it for less then that means I would LOOSE money...

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

My account is worth quite alot to me because of all the work i've put into making money, leveling up and questing ect, but i'm not really sure, IF account selling was NOT agaisnt the rules i'm sure many people would be trading and selling there accounts in seconds, but no, i wouldn't accept any price for my account \'

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Exactly. ;)

You never know, he could be one of them bankers that make millions a year, so he could of played a few minutes!

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

hah wouldn't it be great getting paid hourly to play rs :lol:

Exactly. ;)

oh right i was mistaken. so you dont have a job, and you play runescape instead?

Whatever your approximate wage for your future career is, unless your future career is training other peoples runescape accounts, then your idea is just plain wrong. Different jobs pay different salaries. waiters are paid a very different salary than a plumber for example. People do not get paid the same amount even if they work the same hours. Otherwise why go to college or school at all? If I could work at macdonalds and be paid the same wage as if i was a doctor, then macdonalds it is! No one is going to pay anything close to your future careers wage for playing an online video game.

If you do find a job as a runescape trainer that pays that much let me know though. :thumbsup:

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

hah wouldn't it be great getting paid hourly to play rs :lol:

wouldn't it!

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

I would think my account is worth ~$75,000. I've chosen my approximate wage (for my future career) and estimated my hours spent on here, and it's come to around $75,000.

Oh, I only counted the amount of hours I spent grinding (At an average of $150/hour for the average CEO)

You will earn my gratitude if you pick one thing about my post above which you would like me to change and send it to me in a private message.

My account is worth more than just time to me; every hour I spend on it, it gains reputation, a shroud of mystique, new friends, new enemies, and a slightly more complex personality.

Im not sure, I don't think that I would know until I would be faced with that decision.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I've spent the last ~4 years, on and off, on this account. I can't imagine selling it. The only way for me to even consider getting rid of this account is if Runescape was to cease to exist.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

I've spent the last ~4 years, on and off, on this account. I can't imagine selling it. The only way for me to even consider getting rid of this account is if Runescape was to cease to exist.

Really?

If runescape ceased to exist i would sell it as fast as possible before anyone found out that it ceased to be.

O.O