How Much is Your Account Worth to You?

HugeBrain

$9 for every hour i spent on this account (california minimum salary)

I remember someone looked it up from their account but i dont know how

Runescapew44 asked Mod MMG, it was an insane amount of hours Rsw44 had on his account.

timeplayed.png

That was 3 months ago(that was ~6700 hours back then) I'm sure I'm well over 7000 hours now :oops: They do plan to make total play time viewable to everyone soon so everyone can know then :P

But as for how much I'd sell my account for I don't think I would but you never know what you'll do if you get offered something like 10 grand.

You've spent close to a year of your entire life logged into Runescape. :shock:

Runescapew44 asked Mod MMG, it was an insane amount of hours Rsw44 had on his account.

timeplayed.png

That was 3 months ago(that was ~6700 hours back then) I'm sure I'm well over 7000 hours now :oops: They do plan to make total play time viewable to everyone soon so everyone can know then :P

But as for how much I'd sell my account for I don't think I would but you never know what you'll do if you get offered something like 10 grand.

500th post! and wow that is a ton of time.... what could have possibly been doing?

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

timeplayed.png

500th post! and wow that is a ton of time.... what could have possibly been doing?

hooking up with F2p hookers. seckz for 10 gp!!!!

Unless your RSN is "imalil[bleep]er", please keep the title appropriate.

Thank you.

seckz for 10 gp!!!!

Plawks?

Planks=?

Even with my huge brain I couldn't figure out what plawks really is supposed to mean.... (Please)?

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

seckz for 10 gp!!!!

Plawks?

Planks=?

Even with my huge brain I couldn't figure out what plawks really is supposed to mean.... (Please)?

Please

Leave

Acorns

While

Kittens

Suffer

Y_Z.png

some time ago i just found out how dear it was (my account jenove was just banned for somebogus RWT charge which I am completly innocent of.) and so now i have quit runescape till jan 2010 when i can appeal again (Yes i received the curesed auto response. as a mattoer of fact I found out I was on the auto response because i apeallled saying only LOL and they said the same thing.) R.I.P. Jenove

that is quite unfortunate. :(

[hide=n64jive quote]
Do you ever wonder what type of person you would be if you didn't spend as much time on runescape. Not saying you in particular play a lot, but to the general runescape audience, what do you think?

I just finished my third semester of college, and I realized that there was a lot of better things I could have been doing, instead of wasting my time on a video game. Hell, even macroing would have been more beneficial as at least I would have gained some beginner programming experience and maybe had learned some other skills along the way.

Don't get me wrong, There was something about runescape that made aimless clicking seem enjoyable. Goals you set seem to give motivation for playing the game, even when you can admit that your bored. Something I found out that proved to be interesting is that most people who play enjoy setting these goals(85 mining, slayer, 91 runecraft, maxed combat), but once they reach that level, they soon find that sitting in a room fighting abyssal demons all day, or hopping server clicking on a bright blue rock is almost as boring as getting to that skill in the first place.

Some day, possibly in the near future, many of you will move on to bigger and better things. You most likely won't regret playing the game, as I don't completely. One of my biggest regrets is allowing this game to take up so much of my personal time. Although I was pretty good about still allowing time for other things I loved, I feel that if I would have put half as much time as I spent playing runescape into other things that interested me, such as computers in general, work, preparing myself for college, spending more time with my family...etc.

It is my honest opinion that MMORPG's like runescape and world of warcraft are ruining the youth of today, especially college students. Kids are skipping classes, not studying for tests, not completing schoolwork just to complete repetitive tasks on a video game that ultimately will only have negative consequences on their life in the long run.

It's sad to see smart kids throw away their futures over something so minuscule, so insignificant. I urge all of you to rethink where you want to be in a the next 5 years. How successful you want to be, how much money you want to earn, what type of job you want to have, do you want to have a family, and many other important decisions. Now ask yourself this: Is Runescape going to help you get there?

Many people say they would never sell their account. Not for anything. It's very sad that some people's most prized possessions are something that they don't even actually own. Most people will become slightly hostile after reading this, saying things like "People have control over their actions, if runescape was really a problem, they would be able to commit to their lives"...but that argument is undermined by all the post saying that people have devoted too many hours to this character to let it go.

I will say I am guilty of the same thing. I spent many hours getting my character to where it is now. And I met many interesting people who's company I've enjoyed greatly. But once you finally do realize that nothing good will ever come out of spending so many hours on this game, and you will understand that you could be a different, better person had you spent that time doing more productive.

[/hide]

I'm responding to both of your posts even tho I didn't quote the first...but while you bring up many very good points, you don't seem to realize that the same could be said for anything in life that's not a necessity. Time spent on Rs is no different than time spent at the movies with friends or sitting down playing cards.

Yes, there is a difference. Time spent at the movies or sitting down playing cards is socializing with real people. Time spent alone on RuneScape isn't socializing and slowly crumbles your social skills and confidence.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

[hide=n64jive quote]
Do you ever wonder what type of person you would be if you didn't spend as much time on runescape. Not saying you in particular play a lot, but to the general runescape audience, what do you think?

I just finished my third semester of college, and I realized that there was a lot of better things I could have been doing, instead of wasting my time on a video game. Hell, even macroing would have been more beneficial as at least I would have gained some beginner programming experience and maybe had learned some other skills along the way.

Don't get me wrong, There was something about runescape that made aimless clicking seem enjoyable. Goals you set seem to give motivation for playing the game, even when you can admit that your bored. Something I found out that proved to be interesting is that most people who play enjoy setting these goals(85 mining, slayer, 91 runecraft, maxed combat), but once they reach that level, they soon find that sitting in a room fighting abyssal demons all day, or hopping server clicking on a bright blue rock is almost as boring as getting to that skill in the first place.

Some day, possibly in the near future, many of you will move on to bigger and better things. You most likely won't regret playing the game, as I don't completely. One of my biggest regrets is allowing this game to take up so much of my personal time. Although I was pretty good about still allowing time for other things I loved, I feel that if I would have put half as much time as I spent playing runescape into other things that interested me, such as computers in general, work, preparing myself for college, spending more time with my family...etc.

It is my honest opinion that MMORPG's like runescape and world of warcraft are ruining the youth of today, especially college students. Kids are skipping classes, not studying for tests, not completing schoolwork just to complete repetitive tasks on a video game that ultimately will only have negative consequences on their life in the long run.

It's sad to see smart kids throw away their futures over something so minuscule, so insignificant. I urge all of you to rethink where you want to be in a the next 5 years. How successful you want to be, how much money you want to earn, what type of job you want to have, do you want to have a family, and many other important decisions. Now ask yourself this: Is Runescape going to help you get there?

Many people say they would never sell their account. Not for anything. It's very sad that some people's most prized possessions are something that they don't even actually own. Most people will become slightly hostile after reading this, saying things like "People have control over their actions, if runescape was really a problem, they would be able to commit to their lives"...but that argument is undermined by all the post saying that people have devoted too many hours to this character to let it go.

I will say I am guilty of the same thing. I spent many hours getting my character to where it is now. And I met many interesting people who's company I've enjoyed greatly. But once you finally do realize that nothing good will ever come out of spending so many hours on this game, and you will understand that you could be a different, better person had you spent that time doing more productive.

[/hide]

I'm responding to both of your posts even tho I didn't quote the first...but while you bring up many very good points, you don't seem to realize that the same could be said for anything in life that's not a necessity. Time spent on Rs is no different than time spent at the movies with friends or sitting down playing cards.

Yes, there is a difference. Time spent at the movies or sitting down playing cards is socializing with real people. Time spent alone on RuneScape isn't socializing and slowly crumbles your social skills and confidence.

Really? Mine have both skyrocketed in my time on Runescape. I could be the only one, but maybe not.

[hide=n64jive quote]

[/hide]

Really? Mine have both skyrocketed in my time on Runescape. I could be the only one, but maybe not.

Not the only one if you include me. :D

timeplayed.png

Hehehe thats scary, 7k for you, judging by xp alone id be close to 10k hours, thats like a year of pure runescape! awsome!

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

timeplayed.png

Hehehe thats scary, 7k for you, judging by xp alone id be close to 10k hours, thats like a year of pure runescape! awsome!

Impressive stats!!!!! you should train your hunter though because compared to your other stats its quite low at 67 lol. I suggest catching chimis but i'm no expert at 55 hunting.

p.s. a year of pure runescape is scary..... i hope you started your account the very first day because if you spent that much time in anything less than that amount there's got to be something wrong lol.

p.p.s. unless you cheated....

My account has value to me beyond money. So yeah, I wouldn't sell it for any price.

:lol: You'd sell it for a rather large sum of money.

I agree with 3rkid. Just because your price might be high certainly doesn't mean you don't have one. And I don't mind if you want to wait a few years so you can get the max amount of enjoyment out of your account before you sell it because it certainly won't feel priceless forever.

My account has value to me beyond money. So yeah, I wouldn't sell it for any price.

:lol: You'd sell it for a rather large sum of money.

I agree with 3rkid. Just because your price might be high certainly doesn't mean you don't have one. And I don't mind if you want to wait a few years so you can get the max amount of enjoyment out of your account before you sell it because it certainly won't feel priceless forever.

I think it would be correct to say his account might not have a price in cash, but it would probably have a price in something else - I mean I'd chose my friends or my limbs over rs any time

• 2 weeks later...
Just like friends or a tasy piece of chocolate: invaluable =)

tasy was just a spelling error right?... or is there some dirty reference I don't get?

• 2 weeks later...
Is your account worth enough to you for you to buy one of those anti-hack things for $30?

I would buy one, but I doubt there'll be an easy way for me to do so. And for that reason, I probably won't.

what would be your issue?

Is your account worth enough to you for you to buy one of those anti-hack things for $30?

I would buy one, but I doubt there'll be an easy way for me to do so. And for that reason, I probably won't.

what would be your issue?

I assume it would probably be the same payment methods as for membership, and PART of the reason I don't have members on my first account is the payment methods. I can't really find a very convenient one for me.

I'm not all that attached to my RS2 levels since most of them were obtained while watching TV or doing homework (ain't nothing wrong with alt-tab-training). Don't have any spectacular items except for my Santa hat, which stays in my bank 340 days of the year.

That said, I would gladly surrender my account (stats) for a nice upright piano. Then I'll just play that instead of RuneScape.

I am a tree.

60. I'm no Runescape god, but I have a good amount of money, Combat lvl 50, 80 quest points, all but 1 free quest done, etc, etc. Besides, I could buy a new Xbox 360 game for that. Throw in another 10 for a mic, as mine tend to break, but 60's good. Another 20 or so if I had kept the ridiculous amount of members items I had in my bank, but alas, they're gone.