How Much is Your Account Worth to You?

HugeBrain

My account is like my baby in a way lol i wouldnt wanna give some1 my account which i worked so hard on 2bh lol x

Yes, a baby that never grows out of the need of your care and affection. :)

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

• 2 years later...

Okay, first off, i want to say, i'm not ever selling my account, 10year vet cape. and 5-0capes(depending time of reading this post) away from max cape myself=)

Now, im going to put wayyyy to much effort into this.. but thats because im a math major and i love a good number crunch at 4:33am ;)

(all xp rates are going to be (an average) of the best xp's i got, they're obviously going to change between levels, hence.. AVERAGE!

--also note--

this is "hypothetical" or in a perfect world situation, using the fastest methods possible for the most part)

assume the account has 10,000,000,000 for the buyables

no restrictions to make everything faster!!)

SO here goes...

each 99 skill needs, 13,034,431 xp to reach level 99.

(all numbers are in hours)

attack =186

strength=186

defence=186

ranged=90

prayer=52

magic=145

runecrafting(runespan)=236

construction(most costly way posable1-99)=24(yes, only 24hours)

dungeoneering=144hours(using a team of max'ed players with 120dung-your only getting 99)

hitpoints=200(slower to train hp than normal combat stats)

agility=236

herblore=90

theiving=140

crafting=89

fletching(broad arrows)=110

slayer=236-300

hunter=200

mining=236

smithing=200

fishing=190

cooking=60

firemaking(bonfires with magic logs)=250

woodcutting(ivy)=200

farming(no real time)=but about 89 days of magic trees and palms.

summoning 130hours(assuming you have all charms)

total hours spent........3,816hours, and 89days for farming.

(if i did my math correct! doing this while at work)

NOW REMEMBER, THESE ARE "BEST SITUATIONS!!"

now the fun math...

here in canada the average wage is 10$/hour.. we'll drop it to 5 because.. well no ones going to pay you that to play runescape..

x $5

------------

$19,080 CDN

you've invested.. 19,080 of your "time" into this game.. and people want to buy the account for 500$?

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah is all im saying.

i'll sell you the account for 20,000$ =)

your welcome =)

Wow. This has been dead for 3 years. Thread Necromancy level 99.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Threads can be revived from the dark ages as long as the necromancer isn't spamming with a standard reply or if there isn't a more recent thread of the same topic.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I think my account is around 800$ given the name and the stats but I've got no desire to ever sell it. Furthermore, I've got no desire to ever put a price tag on it for my own personal worth. Just not worth the depression that will surely come by valuing the time poured into it.

hzvjpwS.gif

Wow, I'm not sure. I wouldn't let it go for less than £1000, but I reckon I'd put it closer to several thousand. This account is a seriously important relic of my childhood.

I'm not going to think about it any more, because, like Kimberly, this will quickly get depressing.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I would be reluctant to give it away, but for a good amount I can more likely see myself accepting than declining.

people saying they think their accounts are worth like 1000$ because of how much time they put in are delusional.

You are not 'working' you are playing a game, if someone was serious I am sure they could get most of your stats in a few months from botting 24/7.

I doubt even max cape accounts would be worth that much (who would buy it...).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Back then they might have been worth that much for current day stats due to how long it took to train those accounts to those levels. Nowadays, no, you're right. There are other factors that determine the "value" of an account, but time spent is a worthless figure.

But on a personal level, if you're valuing your time spent, it makes sense to do so. It's natural for us to do so. And so long as we're separating our personal attachment and time lost from reality, delusions never come into play.

hzvjpwS.gif

The account alone would cost you $1000, though I believe it's actual monetary value is probably around $100-200, the items are a seperate story.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Threads can be revived from the dark ages as long as the necromancer isn't spamming with a standard reply or if there isn't a more recent thread of the same topic.

Okay. Thanks, Star. :)

Personally, my account is worth a lot more to me than I'm sure it would be to anyone else. The time spent and memories made are worth much more than my meager stats could ever be. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Too many memories associated to put a price tag on it

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

If I had to sell it, I think I wouldn't accept a price beneath 5000 kronor.

I posted that three years ago. Now you should at least double it.

• Like 1

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Well I have 380 days played. Ik time invested doesn't say how much an account is worth.

It would also depend on how I am financially doing. If I'm homeless on the streets. You can have it for 500$. If I'm making 70-80k$ after I graduate, I would probably never sell as I'd be making enough to live comfortably.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Ye olde tavern

anyways my account is worth quite a bit to me. It has special items that no regular player can get

• Like 1

Ye olde tavern

anyways my account is worth quite a bit to me. It has special items that no regular player can get

Mine too - I call them "friends" ... |^_^|

nyuseg.png

Ye olde tavern

You consider your items friends?

Ye olde tavern

You consider your items friends?

No - I consider my friends to be special *somethings* which I have collected over the years that no one else has ...

:P

nyuseg.png

If I had to sell it, I think I wouldn't accept a price beneath 5000 kronor.

I posted that three years ago. Now you should at least double it.

What makes you value your account so highly?

A simple old truth is the main reason: Time = Money. And yes, I know, it is just a game and for fun. But it's still time.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak