Underrated Items

Brawleyman19

Blessed Spirit Shield is seriously win, but more and more people are finding out about it now and are using it. Can't wait till someone goes hybriding with BSS and an AGS or something and gets dropped and realizes that BSS pros over AGS, lol.

Out of interest, is BSS really worth taking to BH/PVP? It seems like alot of money to lose for something that isn't THAT useful, especially as it protects over most decent K0 weapons.

As to smoke barrage being underrated, whenever I used it it has splashed, on the other hand shadow barrage never seems to splash for me.

Barrage accuracy goes like this: Smoke* > Ice > Shadow > Blood

Smoke barrage will hit in a chain if it hits once... meaning if you splash, it'll keep splashing for a while. If you hit, it'll keep hitting. Back when staking was around, I won several stakes via 4-hitting them with smoke barrage (or hitting them 5+ times in a row)

77yLQy8.png

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=]

You guys are just naming good and useful items that aren't even underrated...

Ahrims hood has same mage attack as farseer, yet farseer doesn't degrade.

Ahrim's Hood is almost NEVER used in an PvP situation, yet it is very cheap and effective. Very helpful for range/mage tanks who don't like their opponents running away.

Smoke barrage is used by a ton of people, just most can't afford to use it.

I've NEVER seen Smoke Barrage used, Ice maybe, but Smoke barrage is one of the most accurate spells, with a great effect, and no-body bothers with it.

Seercull is terrible lol, I would much rather use my spec bar on something else. if someone is pking with magic then they're going to bring super restores with them rendering it useless.

Here I will agree with you, to some extent. The special bar can be used for many things: Extra damage, defense boosts, healing ect. The Seercull both lowers your opponents magic defense AND prevents further magical attacks. When Maging, this is very useful.

Enhanced excaliber, how can anyone say this is underrated? I always see people using and talking about this, it's a good item but it's definitely not underrated.

I also see heal other and spec transfer being used all of the time on bh worlds.

BH perhaps, but are there every used where they are actually effective? I' using Lunar support spells more and more in TD's and GWD.

They might be commonly used, but sometime the WAY they are used that makes them unique.

[/hide]

Ahrims hood isn't used in pvp situations because tank mages/hybrids usually wear v helm.

I always see smoke barrage being used in sc by the higher level ancients, castle wars too, it just isn't used as much as ice barrage since that will keep your opponents at a distance.

Using lunar at GWD could be effective, but if someone starts relying on you to heal them every so often and you don't it could cause them to die. Im sure you'd be better off helping taking down the bosses anyways.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

I would say gold charms are underrated. A lot of high level people don't even pick them up because they're low xp. However, they take very little time to grab, and add up quickly. They're cheaper gp/xp then crims, and with the kyatt method of pouch making, you can easily make 2k pouches/hr, so you're still getting well over 160k xp/hr at higher levels. So, using golds is well worth it, even at higher levels.

Now, I'm not suggesting gathering golds as a form of training higher level sum, as gathering crims is way more efficient, but you should pick up the golds you would get, seeing as most high crim droppers tend to drop a high percentage of gold charms too.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

I always picked up my gold charms, gained over 1mil exp off golds easy

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Initiate, people always go 'ewwwwwww!!!' if you say it's initiate, not prossy, yet the prayer bonus is similiar.

Last I checked, Proselyte gave a better prayer and defence bonus than initiate which in turn gave a similar prayer bonus but better defence than monks robes...

Someone correct me...or praise me.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Initiate, people always go 'ewwwwwww!!!' if you say it's initiate, not prossy, yet the prayer bonus is similiar.

Last I checked, Proselyte gave a better prayer and defence bonus than initiate which in turn gave a similar prayer bonus but better defence than monks robes...

I am pretty sure monk robes have better prayer bonus than initiate (at least the bottoms do).

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Blessed Spirit Shield is seriously win, but more and more people are finding out about it now and are using it. Can't wait till someone goes hybriding with BSS and an AGS or something and gets dropped and realizes that BSS pros over AGS, lol.

Lol, I was about to buy a bss and pk with it and ags.

I am pretty sure monk robes have better prayer bonus than initiate (at least the bottoms do).

~Dan

I just checked tip.it's prayer guide... monk's and initiate have the same prayer bonus, be it bottom or top. Proselyte has only the top with a better prayer bonus, the "cuisse" or legs has a similar +5 prayer bonus that initiate legs and monks bottom share.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

~Dan

I just checked tip.it's prayer guide... monk's and initiate have the same prayer bonus, be it bottom or top. Proselyte has only the top with a better prayer bonus, the "cuisse" or legs has a similar +5 prayer bonus that initiate legs and monks bottom share.

Well the real issue here is whether initiate is underrated. And its not. Of course people will go ewww when you wear initiate instead of proselyte, because initiate is worse in pretty much ever way.

IMO

Ram skull helmet - Pretty decent def and its completly free ...

Unholy Symbol ... no quests needed , it gives some attack boost and +8 prayer for the whooping price of 123 in GE ...

Bonesack - same as Ram skull helmet ... not a bad def bonus (all 4 ... the obby cape is all 9 and it costs ~150k ? .. its a good choice for low levels)

Darklight - I have the strange feeling that almost no one uses it , when its pretty good , again - almost free weapon with the power of dragon weapon and pretty decent special

Broodoo Shield - they already mentioned it .. but still

IMO

Ram skull helmet - Pretty decent def and its completly free ...

Unholy Symbol ... no quests needed , it gives some attack boost and +8 prayer for the whooping price of 123 in GE ...

Bonesack - same as Ram skull helmet ... not a bad def bonus (all 4 ... the obby cape is all 9 and it costs ~150k ? .. its a good choice for low levels)

Darklight - I have the strange feeling that almost no one uses it , when its pretty good , again - almost free weapon with the power of dragon weapon and pretty decent special

Broodoo Shield - they already mentioned it .. but still

Ram skull helm and bonesack require the total completion of Rag and Bone man what needs some combat skills and slayer...

Also I don't know if it's just me or is Darklight very inaccurate... But this may just be me.

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

Ancient Mace :thumbsup:

Cheap and its special will give you a prayer boost. It may not be better than the ogre springs but its good for lower levels. ALSO, you can bring it with you and use it for its special. Its kind of inaccurate but its easy to hit around a 10, just put boosting prayers on. Its similar to the sgs special but without the hp boost (who needs it while praying?) and tons cheaper. Overall its not the best thing, but it doesnt get the credit it deserves ;)

BOO

Lol, I was about to buy a bss and pk with it and ags.

lmfao, good thing you didn't huh? :P

As for the question before about its usefulness, the defence is pretty nice for hybrids. However, the alch value :?

Can't take claws or ags or anything without risking it. It's one of the highest alching items in the game at 840k (dfs is 1.2m)

Thought of a couple more.

Combat Bracelet(4) -- this is for pures that don't have addy gloves yet... really cheap now, helps toward that 75k risk in PvP, and adds 1 extra attack bonus.

Warrior Helm -- More people have been using this recently, it seems to have started more when my friend started using it pking and won like 10 fights in a row in rune and ags. This really started getting used for claws because I started spreading how much warrior wins over neitiznot when you're claw rushing.

Monk Robe bottom -- same pray bonus as proselyte, but lighter. However proselyte will not give a lot of def if your pray drops...

Rune Bolts -- they're cheaper than diamond now... seriously. lol. These are pretty overrated, I like using these pretty often.

can't think of any more.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Silverlight has the the strength of rune longsword on a demon, but accuracy of it's own, Darklight isn't much stronger...or accurate.

By the way, maximizing your strength bonus>slash bonus when using Dragon claws. Claws cannot miss.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Silverlight has the the strength of rune longsword on a demon, but accuracy of it's own, Darklight isn't much stronger...or accurate.

By the way, maximizing your strength bonus>slash bonus when using Dragon claws. Claws cannot miss.

D claws miss a ton.

I agree warrior helms are underrated, i always used to use one, but rarely see them anymore.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Dragon claws DO NOT MISS. They just don't do as much damage.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

There are quite a few underrated items, from what I see.

-Kebabs. Since the update they don't damage you anymore, and they have the potential to heal 30!

-Tuna. Doesn't even cost 80 and it heals a whopping 10 HP.

-Rune Longsword. This is the best stabbing weapon in F2P. It is also an overall good option for those who hate the ridiculously overpriced rune scimitar.

-Explorer's Ring 3. Gives a boost to Runecrafting, boosts run energy, and even gives free teleports.

-Rune Mace. The +4 Prayer can get you out of sticky situations in combat.

-Anti-Dragon Shield. Excellent for mages, and it is also good for warriors fighting mages (because of magic defence).

-Rune Battleaxe. It is the best 1-handed KO weapon. It is also an overall good option for those who hate the ridiculously overpriced rune 2h.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

-Kebabs. Since the update they don't damage you anymore, and they have the potential to heal 30!

-Rune Longsword. This is the best stabbing weapon in F2P. It is also an overall good option for those who hate the ridiculously overpriced rune scimitar.

-Explorer's Ring 3. Gives a boost to Runecrafting, boosts run energy, and even gives free teleports.

-Anti-Dragon Shield. Excellent for mages, and it is also good for warriors fighting mages (because of magic defence).

-Rune Battleaxe. It is the best 1-handed KO weapon. It is also an overall good option for those who hate the ridiculously overpriced rune 2h.

You're referring to F2P solely, correct?

For me:

Fally Shield 3 - best prayer bonus in game, and essentially a free 3-dose prayer pot every day. I always bring these on prayer-driven slayer tasks, even if I'm using a GS.

Stealing Creation items - not much of a secret anymore, it still blows my mind when i see people smithing with normal hammers.

Slayer Rings - easy teleports to a ton of places, super cheap to make, and you get to check on task status. I don't typically -wear- these, but I always have them at the ready.

stormveritas.png

slayer rings are very useful, but they cost a lot.

Let's say you plan on using 100 rings during your RS "career"...

cost of gold bar ~ 200 gp x 100 = 20 000 gp

cost of gem = 1 gp x 100 = 100 gp

The marginal cost would be 20 100 gp for 800 teleports...

so 26 gps per teleport...not so bad eh?

Now let's add the opportunity cost of those slayer darts runes you chose to sacrifice for that ability.

300 slayer pts (ability) / 35 slayer pts (runes) = 8,5 stacks of runes

8.5 stacks X 250 = 2125 deaths and 8500 minds

value of runes = 637 500 gp for deaths at 300 ea

85 000 gp for minds at 10 ea

total cost of 800 teleports = 742 600 gp

meaning a cost of 928 gps per teleports

Before buying that ability, ask yourself if you plan of using those rings a lot, if these teleports are worth the cost...etc

langerkiller.png

The rune longsword may be cheaper (its 19k right now whereas the scimitar is 31k), but the rune scimitar is a superior weapon in all cases. Its true that the rune longsword SHOULD be better against platebodies and chainmails, due to the fact that they are weak to stab, but none of those stab/slash/crush stats actually make enough of a difference. The scimitar is faster and has a similar strength bonus, therefore deals more damage per second. That's why it will win over the longsword, even in places where stab is supposed to be stronger than slash.

The rune mace is a terrible combat weapon. the +4 prayer bonus is nowhere near important enough to justify the use of such an underpowered weapon. Only for running away or tanking is useful.