Underrated Items

Brawleyman19

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zamorak brews, holy wrench, berserker necklace, and dragonfire shield possibly.

explain how the dfs is underrated

Well it's the best shield by far and it was crashing to a very mediocre price until recently. The extra defence is amazing and versatile and creates uses in many places. Ex. Many slayer tasks (black demons w/bandos possibly if you have 99 def w/o pray, scabarites, and any other monsters that don't require the rune defender's attack bonuses because you already hit them so often already), GWD, Boss monsters in general, dueling, and other general uses.

Well, first of all, dfs is NOT the best shield in game.

In fact, it's the 3rd best shield in game, being the first the elysian shield (don't you dare to deny it, it's true and you all know it), and the second is the Divine shield, although ti will only work properly if you have a constant source of prayer, other wise dfs is the second.

Dfs is only the best shield when fighting dragons, and i still dont know if the Elysian shield effect applies to the dragonbreath.

And second, Elysian shield+ 99 defence+ full bandos = Virtually invulnerable.

No arguments

Well, DFS's extra defence bonuses would probably make it approximately equal in it's capability IMO (besides the fact that the Elysian only has a 70% chance to lower the damage inflicted (which just depends on luck and circumstances), while divine would probably consume a lot of prayer potions), and unless someone who is ridiculously rich decides to test this comparison for us then we don't know. It just depends on the circumstances; there is no "best" shield out of these 3 truly. Elysian and Divine shield are overpriced and the street price is above the 100m+ that is already put up for it in the Grand Exchange, which is ridiculous. I'm talking about a relatively nicely priced item for it's capabilities if you have the funds to properly support the purchase.

Oh and Torag's Platebody and Platelegs have much more raw melee stab and slash, and slightly more crush defence than Bandos Chestplate and tassets. Bandos boots have the best defence in the game for boots but they are only slightly better (+1 or 2 in stab, slash, and crush) than dragon boots for a sacrifice of +4 str. PvP armour, such as Statius has much more defence but I'm not counting that since it only lasts 15 minutes/1 hour of equipment or combat time. Oh, and no one is virtually invulnerable. Not with the sort of weapons in the game today when vsing a person with fairly similar stats. Whip is fairly accurate on even the best defence armour in the game and Verac's makes good armour seem like a joke with it's special ability.

Torag Platebody/Guthan Platebody/Dharok Platebody(they all have the same def) vs Bandos Chestplate Comparison

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?i ... it=Compare

Torag Platelegs/Dharok Platelegs (they have the same def) vs Bandos Tassets Comparison

If I remember correctly, they can not teleport items back to your bank after 20 wild. So mining rune in the wild isn't any help. :cry:

True true :roll: . I can't really find other ways of using them other than what Mmmcannibalism said.

Although in theory you could run to the Ice Obelisk, go to one of the Obelisks in sub-20 wild, use the imps/pack yak/whatever to bank the ore, then Obelisk back.

Uuum, if your talking about the KBD visage drop, the KBD lair is NOT wilderness, so yur free to use the imp there ;)

Using those obelisks is an enormous pain in the butt. They never teleport you where you want to go, even after like 10 tries. You always wind up getting sent to the one near rogue's castle, where an Ork or Knight is waiting to poison you or teleblock you instantly.

[hide=]

Well it's the best shield by far and it was crashing to a very mediocre price until recently. The extra defence is amazing and versatile and creates uses in many places. Ex. Many slayer tasks (black demons w/bandos possibly if you have 99 def w/o pray, scabarites, and any other monsters that don't require the rune defender's attack bonuses because you already hit them so often already), GWD, Boss monsters in general, dueling, and other general uses.

In fact, it's the 3rd best shield in game, being the first the elysian shield (don't you dare to deny it, it's true and you all know it), and the second is the Divine shield, although ti will only work properly if you have a constant source of prayer, other wise dfs is the second.

Dfs is only the best shield when fighting dragons, and i still dont know if the Elysian shield effect applies to the dragonbreath.

No arguments

torags>bandos in def =D>

Torags=Bandos in def =D>

[/hide]

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

Explorer's Ring/Beacon ring. Yes I'm being serious about beacon ring I doubt most people have even heard of it though it's from a quest and it gives +1 in a few defensive stats. Now that may not seem all that great but I CW alot and I'm too poor for Zerker ring plus can't be bothered to buy warrior and beacon has a nice +1 Magic defense, (OMG) and because of that extra difference I've probably splashed about an extra 20 Ice barrages :P.

If I remember correctly, they can not teleport items back to your bank after 20 wild. So mining rune in the wild isn't any help. :cry:

True true :roll: . I can't really find other ways of using them other than what Mmmcannibalism said.

Although in theory you could run to the Ice Obelisk, go to one of the Obelisks in sub-20 wild, use the imps/pack yak/whatever to bank the ore, then Obelisk back.

Uuum, if your talking about the KBD visage drop, the KBD lair is NOT wilderness, so yur free to use the imp there ;)

Using those obelisks is an enormous pain in the butt. They never teleport you where you want to go, even after like 10 tries. You always wind up getting sent to the one near rogue's castle, where an Ork or Knight is waiting to poison you or teleblock you instantly.

Nah I was talking about a method you could possibly use to bank rune ore in the wild. KBD lair seems better though.

Not sure about anyone else but I've never been that aggravated by the Obelisks.

um i would say klanks gauntlets mostly because there easy to get and u dont have to do rpd to get them :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[hide=]whocowman.png[/hide]

goals:

next 4: 53 agility, 76 fishing, 63 hunter level 85 melee skills

rest of goals:100+ combat, all songs

completed:55 slayer

2543432.jpg

[hide=Bag of quotes]

No arguments

Well, DFS's extra defence bonuses would probably make it approximately equal in it's capability IMO (besides the fact that the Elysian only has a 70% chance to lower the damage inflicted (which just depends on luck and circumstances), while divine would probably consume a lot of prayer potions), and unless someone who is ridiculously rich decides to test this comparison for us then we don't know. It just depends on the circumstances; there is no "best" shield out of these 3 truly. Elysian and Divine shield are overpriced and the street price is above the 100m+ that is already put up for it in the Grand Exchange, which is ridiculous. I'm talking about a relatively nicely priced item for it's capabilities if you have the funds to properly support the purchase.

Oh and Torag's Platebody and Platelegs have much more raw melee stab and slash, and slightly more crush defence than Bandos Chestplate and tassets. Bandos boots have the best defence in the game for boots but they are only slightly better (+1 or 2 in stab, slash, and crush) than dragon boots for a sacrifice of +4 str. PvP armour, such as Statius has much more defence but I'm not counting that since it only lasts 15 minutes/1 hour of equipment or combat time. Oh, and no one is virtually invulnerable. Not with the sort of weapons in the game today when vsing a person with fairly similar stats. Whip is fairly accurate on even the best defence armour in the game and Verac's makes good armour seem like a joke with it's special ability.

Torag Platebody/Guthan Platebody/Dharok Platebody(they all have the same def) vs Bandos Chestplate Comparison

Torag Platelegs/Dharok Platelegs (they have the same def) vs Bandos Tassets Comparison

[/hide]

Yeah, i forgot torags #-o

BUT! when you say that none of the 3 is better then anyone else thats is just wrong!

Elysian shield has only a couples of stats inferior to the dfs and with that sweet effect wich is a whole 70% chance to ignore ALL damage, and the other 30% with normal damage, face it, your indestructible!

Pk with it and even dhers and ags'ers will have a very hard time trying to hit you throught elysian+torags, making you the king of the pking or, if your increadibly unlucky, a poor guy, as if you die you loose over 120+mil

Gonna have to +1 the Cornucopia, esp. on f2p. With cakes, it's like 60gp for a lobster, and the cornucopia makes it 1-click heal. You can reload it without delay too.

[hide=Bag of quotes]

No arguments

[/hide]

BUT! when you say that none of the 3 is better then anyone else thats is just wrong!

Elysian shield has only a couples of stats inferior to the dfs and with that sweet effect wich is a whole 70% chance to ignore ALL damage, and the other 30% with normal damage, face it, your indestructible!

Pk with it and even dhers and ags'ers will have a very hard time trying to hit you throught elysian+torags, making you the king of the pking or, if your increadibly unlucky, a poor guy, as if you die you loose over 120+mil

The elysian spirit shields effect, from the knowledge base:

70% chance of reducing the damage you receive by 25%.

So its not a 70% chance to totally negate damage, just a 70% chance to negate a quarter or the damage. Of course I still think that is excellent and much better than a DFS. Too bad its ridiculously priced.

Whips! :shock:

So many players I've spoken to seem to swear down that their Godsword gives 'Significantly' Faster XP Than the Abyssal Whip.

I EXTENSIVELY Tested this... And found the Whip to be better VS. Every Slayer task I ever do, except Waterfiends :P

Maybe people should start doing their own testing instead of just believing everything the Item Discussion Forum says :P

So my answer is the Whip. Too many people seem to think it's overshadowed by Godswords for training purposes.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it.

Rusty_TiTin.png

Holy Wrench.

When you're doing a task that requires constant prayer, you're simply crazy -not- to bring one. The additional +1 prayer / sip means that if you're a level 80 prayer player (which is quite high), you're getting one free sip per 7 prayer pots. On a standard Metal Dragon trip, that means you're getting 2-3 sips for free.

if you have -lower- prayer, it's even more effective. If you have level 60 prayer, then you effectively get one free sip per 5 prayer pots, and a full four-dose prayer pot per trip. So you can waste a free pot if you like, but me... I'll take the freebie!

Oh yes, thats so true... I think i should be brinign my holy wrench with me. Thanks for explaining to me. And aslo, thanks to the author of the thread to enlighten me of that you get free 30 low alchemy per day from the ring >.<.

My item of choice is the holy Wrench.

~Bomb~

Whips! :shock:

So many players I've spoken to seem to swear down that their Godsword gives 'Significantly' Faster XP Than the Abyssal Whip.

I EXTENSIVELY Tested this... And found the Whip to be better VS. Every Slayer task I ever do, except Waterfiends :P

Maybe people should start doing their own testing instead of just believing everything the Item Discussion Forum says :P

So my answer is the Whip. Too many people seem to think it's overshadowed by Godswords for training purposes.

whip is not underrated at all

foukouei.png

The dragon battleaxe special!

For slayer, it's really helpfull. It's a free super strength potion. For those who say it lowers your attack and defence, remember that most slayer monsters aren't strong so you won't be having problems.

It saves me from buying super strength's.

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

[hide=Bag of quotes]

No arguments

[/hide]

The elysian spirit shields effect, from the knowledge base:

70% chance of reducing the damage you receive by 25%.

So its not a 70% chance to totally negate damage, just a 70% chance to negate a quarter or the damage. Of course I still think that is excellent and much better than a DFS. Too bad its ridiculously priced.

I might swear it said 70% chance to deny all damage :?

They might have updated it with the stomp attack from teh corporeral beast, r i might have read wrongly.

But even with that effect it is stil better then the dfs

very true and ive been ranting about its usefull ness since it came out. it is by far the best update for f2p almost ever

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

For slayer, it's really helpfull. It's a free super strength potion. For those who say it lowers your attack and defence, remember that most slayer monsters aren't strong so you won't be having problems.

True that.

Black mask/Slayer helmet + dragon battleaxe special + whip = Utter pawnage.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

True that.

Black mask/Slayer helmet + dragon battleaxe special + whip = Utter pawnage.

Saving the special for dds specs/sgs specs and just drinking super atts and super strs (or zammy brews) is even more pwnage.

My vote goes to the barbarian rod. It's the fastest way to train fishing in the game, but for some reason it hasn't caught on, and common knowledge still thinks fly fishing is the best way to train.

Silverlight against demons on F2P.

I can't confirm this, but I think it's as strong as a rune Scimitar on demons...

Believe it or not I used to be f2p and I tried silverlight out on "real" demons after finishing demon slayer just like everyone else did and I'm reasonably sure it sucked