Underrated Items

Brawleyman19

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Rune Defender is very easy to get nowadays (when I first got to Warriors' Guild it took me 2-3 hours to get Iron, but about a year later I got all from steel -> rune in 1 hour). And it's a very good item :)

* RFD gloves. The weaker ones cost next to nothing and they give extremely high bonuses for gloves (addy gloves are 3k and I think they give +8 to attack/defense/strength bonuses)

* Bronze knives are a very quick way to train range and with attractor/accumulator they are even better. They cost 14-15 gp at the GE and they're very quick. Myself I use Iron darts though because I made them when I got 50 smithing for Legends'.

* Stealing Creation morph-tool - Crazy xp for many skills, and easy to get.

Silverlight against demons on F2P.

I can't confirm this, but I think it's as strong as a rune Scimitar on demons...

Believe it or not I used to be f2p and I tried silverlight out on "real" demons after finishing demon slayer just like everyone else did and I'm reasonably sure it sucked

it's slower and less accurate than rune scimitar/longsword so isn't really worth it.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

as long as we're discussing this; zogres and skogres are underrated, the ooglog pools grant immunity from disease for a fair amount of time, making that much easier and the bones you can get; fayrg, raurg, and ourg give a huge amount of prayer xp especially if buried in the wilderness while wearing prayer brawling gloves at midnight on a full moon. of course the bones are not cheap either; kind of an alternative for dragon hunters if they get tired of revenants.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Silverlight against demons on F2P.

I can't confirm this, but I think it's as strong as a rune Scimitar on demons...

Believe it or not I used to be f2p and I tried silverlight out on "real" demons after finishing demon slayer just like everyone else did and I'm reasonably sure it sucked

i got uh 18 with my rune scim and 21 with my silverlight both without potion and pray

though accuracy of scim is way better

@justagamer

salve is used a lot

armoured zombies,ankous,abberant spectres

lunar staff doesnt have air,fire,water,or earth rooms thats why it isnt used

foukouei.png

Sanfew's Serum. It is a combined super restore pot and super anti. It doesn't restore summoning points, though and is fairly expensive. Still, they are simply amazing for DK's <3: and Zammy GW.

My old favourite, the D Sqaure :D

Awesome defence bonus if you can't quite make the cash for a DFS or similar

D squares defence: like 2-5 (not sure on exact numbers) higher than rune kiteshield.

DFS: 20-30 higher than rune kiteshield.

D square is junk. (I had one though, till recently)

• 4 months later...
Holy Wrench.

When you're doing a task that requires constant prayer, you're simply crazy -not- to bring one. The additional +1 prayer / sip means that if you're a level 80 prayer player (which is quite high), you're getting one free sip per 7 prayer pots. On a standard Metal Dragon trip, that means you're getting 2-3 sips for free.

if you have -lower- prayer, it's even more effective. If you have level 60 prayer, then you effectively get one free sip per 5 prayer pots, and a full four-dose prayer pot per trip. So you can waste a free pot if you like, but me... I'll take the freebie!

Oh yes, thats so true... I think i should be brinign my holy wrench with me. Thanks for explaining to me. And aslo, thanks to the author of the thread to enlighten me of that you get free 30 low alchemy per day from the ring >.<.

My item of choice is the holy Wrench.

~Bomb~

Actually, if you're over level 50 prayer the wrench boosts the prayer restore by +2, not +1. So for every prayer potion you're saving +8 prayer points. If one potion sip at level 99 without the wrench restores me 31 points, then it will mean every 4 potions I drink I will save 1 potion dose. So for every 16 prayer potions, you will save 1 potions, or (at the moment) roughly around 10,000 gp. If you're like me, and go through 100+ pots in a week, then you'll probably save like 40-50k a week in prayer potions.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Broodoo shields are a definate underrated item.

Prayer bonus, mage defence, slight melee defence, slight mage attack, for less than 20k.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Shade's robes- I had about 10 sets in my bank, and got tired of them sitting there, so I took them out to give them a once over before alching.

They're not as good as monk robes, but if you have them laying around, they're good enough.

but the main selling point for me, is that their value on death (hold a few and look at your items kept on death screen) are 7k for tops, and 5k for bottoms. their alch value is 24 and 18 gold respectively.

When i want to build up DP, I just take a few sets of robes to make up 26k, they're high value, nontradeable junk that are super easy and fast to get from shades. for people who dont want to actually risk any of their items, just go kill shades for half an hour*, and you'll have a full inventory of shade robes to risk.

sure its easier to just risk some gold, but if you have shade robes kicking around, or dont want to actually loose any money, just grab some shade robes and do whatever you wanna do.

* shades have literally NO defence, a rune scim hardly ever misses, they die so fast they might get in 3 hits, and its very easy to pray against them for however long you need. I'd say they're better exp than spiders, but i havnt spent enough time at either to verify- its worth a try though. kill a few, they die so fast its scary.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

* shades have literally NO defence, a rune scim hardly ever misses, they die so fast they might get in 3 hits, and its very easy to pray against them for however long you need. I'd say they're better exp than spiders, but i havnt spent enough time at either to verify- its worth a try though. kill a few, they die so fast its scary.

Shades are absolutely terrible XP. You could be hitting constant 20s and they'd still be terrible XP.

This is because XP is reduced to 1/16 of normal: http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2monster_id=170

Jammy2222.png

Shades are absolutely terrible XP. You could be hitting constant 20s and they'd still be terrible XP.

This is because XP is reduced to 1/16 of normal: http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2monster_id=170

Sounds like instead of making a new shade monster, Jagex threw a few spawns of the shade random event in the dungeon. Sounds pretty lazy if you ask me.

Enhanced Excalibur pwns.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Holy Wrench.

When you're doing a task that requires constant prayer, you're simply crazy -not- to bring one. The additional +1 prayer / sip means that if you're a level 80 prayer player (which is quite high), you're getting one free sip per 7 prayer pots. On a standard Metal Dragon trip, that means you're getting 2-3 sips for free.

if you have -lower- prayer, it's even more effective. If you have level 60 prayer, then you effectively get one free sip per 5 prayer pots, and a full four-dose prayer pot per trip. So you can waste a free pot if you like, but me... I'll take the freebie!

Oh yes, thats so true... I think i should be brinign my holy wrench with me. Thanks for explaining to me. And aslo, thanks to the author of the thread to enlighten me of that you get free 30 low alchemy per day from the ring >.<.

~Bomb~

Actually, if you're over level 50 prayer the wrench boosts the prayer restore by +2, not +1. So for every prayer potion you're saving +8 prayer points. If one potion sip at level 99 without the wrench restores me 31 points, then it will mean every 4 potions I drink I will save 1 potion dose. So for every 16 prayer potions, you will save 1 potions, or (at the moment) roughly around 10,000 gp. If you're like me, and go through 100+ pots in a week, then you'll probably save like 40-50k a week in prayer potions.

I'm pretty sure that the second bonus point comes at level 76(which is why I personally have 76).

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Holy Wrench.

~Bomb~

I'm pretty sure that the second bonus point comes at level 76(which is why I personally have 76).

Gasp, Wall of text. First of all, I love this item aswell, holy wrench I always tend to take to prayer-heavy things. If I need slayer on 100% of the time, holy wrench is there. I was never sure. It is not on tip.it, not at the item-database or at the prayer-skill-guide. So .. testing needs to be done haha. For both prayer as super restore.

My most underrated item, by far, would be God Stoles. Tough many high levels use this (or don't) I find this item amazing. It is far better then a glory on those prayer-intensive tasks. Only thing favored over the Godstole is the fury. Currently the guthix stole costs a mere 16k on GE. Amazing prayer bonus at the cost of.. a little attack style. The 1-2 hits you take longer to kill the mob, you get back by 10-20 seconds of extra prayer time.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Fighter torso - only takes about 5-6 hours to get the best str exp armour to wear around your chest and it doesn't cost 10m+. Yes it has crap defence bonuses but there are many circumstances where I don't need the extra def boost :)

Great Orb Project - alot of people say that this minigame is rubbish but it is fun, is a good source of money and can seriously help boost your runecraft training.

Rune pickaxe - at castlewars, very helpful for mining the rocks :)

Cannon - alot of people are worried to use this while slaying because they don't want to upset people. It is a great boost to slayer exp and should be used as often as possible :)

Enhanced excalibur - already mentioned but this thing is immense and removes the need for a saradomin godsword while slaying

ichigosig2da4.jpg

Fighter torso - only takes about 5-6 hours to get the best str exp armour to wear around your chest and it doesn't cost 10m+. Yes it has crap defence bonuses but there are many circumstances where I don't need the extra def boost :)

no, sorry, that's actually Overrated.

Great Orb Project - alot of people say that this minigame is rubbish but it is fun, is a good source of money and can seriously help boost your runecraft training.

i agree with this, it's a quality game

specific use that not many people think to use, but as a whole I'd say it isn't underrated...

Cannon - alot of people are worried to use this while slaying because they don't want to upset people. It is a great boost to slayer exp and should be used as often as possible :)

I don't know any serious slayers who dont use a cannon... therefore, I don't think it's so underrated...

Enhanced excalibur - already mentioned but this thing is immense and removes the need for a saradomin godsword while slaying

Comments in bold...

What.

no, sorry, that's actually Overrated.Not really, it is underrated amoungst higher level players. For example, whilst slaying any creature it is a fine substitute for any barrows chest piece. While pking it is overrated.

i agree with this, it's a quality game

specific use that not many people think to use, but as a whole I'd say it isn't underrated...

I don't know any serious slayers who dont use a cannon... therefore, I don't think it's so underrated...I think that the cannon could be underrated due to the cost associated with it. Few people know that while slaying you usually break even with the cannon or suffer a small loss.While I'll admit that serious slayers know this the rather new slayers don't and since the newer slayers outweigh the "serious" slayers we might call it underrated. It is also underrated for solo training of range. Also, I'm at 86 slayer and I don't use a cannon. ;)

Comments in bold...

My comments are in red

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff