Underrated Items

Brawleyman19

I'm not sure if this is supposed to go in General Discussion, but I just wanted to say something about an amazing item that I don't think gets enough credit: the Explorer Ring 3.

I use it pretty much every day that I play. It's perfect for any slayer task because the run recharge gets you there faster without energy pots or salt baths, the low alch is great for steel and mith drops because you get free cash and mage exp, AND the cabbage teleport is quick and puts you in safe walking distance of a bank. Imo this is one of the best items in the game.

I'm also really liking the SC prototools :thumbsup:

Sir_Veysas.png

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the magic compersite bow!

i use it in castle wars and its increased range(and power) but with little speed reduction makes it a good weapon, and its specs can do good damage because of the accuracy increase

also the seercull, very rarely used because of better spec weapons but agasnt a mage or a another ranger who is hybridding then at lower levels instead of getting a 10-12 hit you can hit a 15 with seercull and ruin part of his fight plan, and obviously agasint mages stupid enough to take on a ranger this is awesome, while meele pking i take one with me, jsut hitting a 2 can get rid of that teleblock

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

You don't get the mage exp...

Let me check real quick. Yep, you get the exp \'

If you don't already have or avidly use the ER3, I highly reccomend it to all mid-lvl players.

Please post any other items that you think are underrated.

I still haven't tried a lot of stuff out and I'd love to know what's worth buying or questing for.

Sir_Veysas.png

Berserker Necklace + Obby Knife(Toktz-xil-ek) = Abyssal Whip + Amulet of Fury

Berserker Necklace(190K) + Obby Knife(90K) = 280K

Abyssal Whip(1,500K) + Amulet of Fury(2,800K) = 4,300K

Speed: Same

Max Hit: Same (Although slightly less I believe by 1).

Cost Difference: Berserker Necklace + Obby Knife is 4,020K Cheaper. (Now that's alot) :o

Ony problem is whip and fury can be used separately but obby knife and berserker necklace are quite useless if you do not equip both.

So Berserker Necklace and Obby Knife is almost the same as whip and fury, so if on a tight budget I suggest going for them.

(I was not the one to discover this. It is quite well known but not used very often).

2eprbpj.png

You don't get the mage exp...

Let me check real quick. Yep, you get the exp \'

If you don't already have or avidly use the ER3, I highly reccomend it to all mid-lvl players.

Please post any other items that you think are underrated.

I still haven't tried a lot of stuff out and I'd love to know what's worth buying or questing for.

Oh, sorry then...Skillers can't get it (Restless ghost required, meaning 4 Combat :? ).

Holy Wrench.

When you're doing a task that requires constant prayer, you're simply crazy -not- to bring one. The additional +1 prayer / sip means that if you're a level 80 prayer player (which is quite high), you're getting one free sip per 7 prayer pots. On a standard Metal Dragon trip, that means you're getting 2-3 sips for free.

if you have -lower- prayer, it's even more effective. If you have level 60 prayer, then you effectively get one free sip per 5 prayer pots, and a full four-dose prayer pot per trip. So you can waste a free pot if you like, but me... I'll take the freebie!

stormveritas.png

The hunter cross bow. It's accuaracy is a mere 55, so nothing to big, but it shoots faster than any other crossbow (about whip speed), and the bolts are better than anything a steel or black crossbow can shoot (its accuarcy is between steel and black). I wouldn't recomendit for everyday use to most people, but if you like hunting and wan't to do some relaxing deadfal or tracking (tracking produces the better bolt), you can train hunter and fletching and later range (not grand xp, but very efficient).

Not the best underrated item in the game, but it's something.

i find the granite maul to be one of the most underrated items. i see them frequently at the duel arena and its good if you want to get the hits in before d clawers'

The granite maul is overrated among new members. People who get members seem to think that it's better than the rune scimitar because it has a higher level requirement.

Cheap food is highly underrated in F2P. For some reason lobsters are the most popular (or among the most popular) training food. The crystal bow is also underrated, it's incredibly powerful for how much it costs to use (which is a lot, but that just says something about its power), if you use the glitch.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

In my opinions barrows have always been undervalued/underated.

I also see more people replacing the whip when there is clearly no worthy replacement for day to day training.... yes, alot of people use it, but it is too underrated.

Hmm...

Trying to think of some more.

Splitbark armour.

Kebabs.

Hard to think hehe - like the thread though <3:

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Void melee at higher combat levels....(at low cb lvls it just plain blows)

Higher level players have access to better equipment like bandos armor and barrows gloves which makes it even less useful.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Berserker Necklace + Obby Knife(Toktz-xil-ek) = Abyssal Whip + Amulet of Fury

Berserker Necklace(190K) + Obby Knife(90K) = 280K

Abyssal Whip(1,500K) + Amulet of Fury(2,800K) = 4,300K

Speed: Same

Max Hit: Same (Although slightly less I believe by 1).

Cost Difference: Berserker Necklace + Obby Knife is 4,020K Cheaper. (Now that's alot) :o

Ony problem is whip and fury can be used separately but obby knife and berserker necklace are quite useless if you do not equip both.

So Berserker Necklace and Obby Knife is almost the same as whip and fury, so if on a tight budget I suggest going for them.

(I was not the one to discover this. It is quite well known but not used very often).

zerker necklace also lowers defense stats if i remember correctly

Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half

Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1

i find the granite maul to be one of the most underrated items. i see them frequently at the duel arena and its good if you want to get the hits in before d clawers'

The granite maul is overrated among new members. People who get members seem to think that it's better than the rune scimitar because it has a higher level requirement.

Cheap food is highly underrated in F2P. For some reason lobsters are the most popular (or among the most popular) training food. The crystal bow is also underrated, it's incredibly powerful for how much it costs to use (which is a lot, but that just says something about its power), if you use the glitch.

The glitch?

i use it in castle wars and its increased range(and power) but with little speed reduction makes it a good weapon, and its specs can do good damage because of the accuracy increase

also the seercull, very rarely used because of better spec weapons but agasnt a mage or a another ranger who is hybridding then at lower levels instead of getting a 10-12 hit you can hit a 15 with seercull and ruin part of his fight plan, and obviously agasint mages stupid enough to take on a ranger this is awesome, while meele pking i take one with me, jsut hitting a 2 can get rid of that teleblock

Periods my friend, periods.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Periods my friend, periods.

hm i don't think periods are underrated.

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg