Underrated Items

Brawleyman19

Can't see it mentioned so I'll say it anyways, the Dragon Longsword. It has better stats than the D Scim and has a small KOability, as demonstrated by Toast. It seems to be used by people who haven't done MM and needs a training weapon.

Also, I think the snakes in Mos Le'harmless is a bit under-rated for moneymaking, a level 100 could easily make 400k per hour there.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see it mentioned so I'll say it anyways, the Dragon Longsword. It has better stats than the D Scim and has a small KOability, as demonstrated by Toast. It seems to be used by people who haven't done MM and needs a training weapon.

Also, I think the snakes in Mos Le'harmless is a bit under-rated for moneymaking, a level 100 could easily make 400k per hour there.

Even more underrated than the dragon longsword is the TokTz-Xil-Ak, the obsidian longsword. When paired with a zerker necklace, it beats not only the dragon longsword but the dragon scimitar as well, and it has NO quest requirements and is wieldable at the same 60 attack.

Not to offend or start an argument, but it kind of sounds like you've considered the fact that they drop snakehide 100% of the time, then found how many kills you can get per hour without considering how well snakehide sells.

Fighter torso - only takes about 5-6 hours to get the best str exp armour to wear around your chest and it doesn't cost 10m+. Yes it has crap defence bonuses but there are many circumstances where I don't need the extra def boost :)

no, sorry, that's actually Overrated.

Great Orb Project - alot of people say that this minigame is rubbish but it is fun, is a good source of money and can seriously help boost your runecraft training.

i agree with this, it's a quality game

Rune pickaxe - at castlewars, very helpful for mining the rocks :)

specific use that not many people think to use, but as a whole I'd say it isn't underrated...

Cannon - alot of people are worried to use this while slaying because they don't want to upset people. It is a great boost to slayer exp and should be used as often as possible :)

I don't know any serious slayers who dont use a cannon... therefore, I don't think it's so underrated...

Enhanced excalibur - already mentioned but this thing is immense and removes the need for a saradomin godsword while slaying

Comments in bold...

I don't use a cannon on slayer tasks and I am level 99. This is because I like to profit off my tasks instead of lose cash. I've probably made 200M from slayer because of the drops and also the fact that I profit off every task. I don't cannon, I don't use piety, and I bring either a bunyip or a unicorn and maybe 1-2 super sets to keep costs at minimum and profit at max. It may take a little longer to finish a task but it feels much more rewarding knowing you profited AND got the exp rather than got the exp faster with loss of cash.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Not to offend or start an argument, but it kind of sounds like you've considered the fact that they drop snakehide 100% of the time, then found how many kills you can get per hour without considering how well snakehide sells.

Not to offend or start an argument, but I've kind of done it at around Combat level 100 (around 80 melees) and got 400k per hour there, and sold it pretty well. I guess merchanting plays a role and it has become more widely known though... still underrated.

Fighter torso - only takes about 5-6 hours to get the best str exp armour to wear around your chest and it doesn't cost 10m+. Yes it has crap defence bonuses but there are many circumstances where I don't need the extra def boost :)

Great Orb Project - alot of people say that this minigame is rubbish but it is fun, is a good source of money and can seriously help boost your runecraft training.

specific use that not many people think to use, but as a whole I'd say it isn't underrated...

Cannon - alot of people are worried to use this while slaying because they don't want to upset people. It is a great boost to slayer exp and should be used as often as possible :)

I don't know any serious slayers who dont use a cannon... therefore, I don't think it's so underrated...

Enhanced excalibur - already mentioned but this thing is immense and removes the need for a saradomin godsword while slaying

Comments in bold...

I don't use a cannon on slayer tasks and I am level 99. This is because I like to profit off my tasks instead of lose cash. I've probably made 200M from slayer because of the drops and also the fact that I profit off every task. I don't cannon, I don't use piety, and I bring either a bunyip or a unicorn and maybe 1-2 super sets to keep costs at minimum and profit at max. It may take a little longer to finish a task but it feels much more rewarding knowing you profited AND got the exp rather than got the exp faster with loss of cash.

Alright perhaps I was wrong. I still don't think the cannon is underrated though

What.

Comments in bold...

Slayer experience is a lot harder to get than money. So I see nothing wrong with prioritizing it.

Comments in bold...

I like to provoke discussion :)

When I said that the fighter torso was underrated I mean by higher level players as opposed to the lower levels who think that the fighter torso is the be all and end all. It has alot more uses than people realise.

I wasn't saying the rune pickaxe was underrated as a whole, just in that particular situation it is very helpful and very few people actually take a rune pick to castle wars.

To outsanity, I often use a cannon on my tasks and I still make quite alot of profit, when you consider the average value of slayer points per task it is quite difficult to make a loss (unless vs something like dagannoth which drop junk) but this is easily cancelled out by the money from boots, whips and dark bows you get.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

Torso is overrated everywhere, at anything it can do Bandos chestplate can do better.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Torso is overrated everywhere, at anything it can do Bandos chestplate can do better.

By that logic, ahrim's armour is overrated because zuriel's is better. Or adamant armour is overrated because rune armour has better bonuses.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

I know that there are people that say the time it takes to get the set is better used woodcutting because in the time it takes to get a full set of Lumberjack, you can potentially gain the exp you would get by having the set.

That being said, I think that the Lumberjack set is under rated. The exp boosts may not make woodcutting that much faster nor make up for the time that it took to collect the set but it helps. And getting the set is much more fun than cutting trees. The bonus exp is just a well... bonus.

Besides the rewards from temple trekking are pretty decent.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

By that logic, ahrim's armour is overrated because zuriel's is better. Or adamant armour is overrated because rune armour has better bonuses.

The cost per hour of Zuriel makes it worse than Ahrim for trainning purpose. Rune armour is better than adamant in the long run because the initial investment will be compensated by better combat rates (less need of food, less banking time which meqns more fighting time, which meqns more drops).

The same logic can be applied to the Torso. Taking the time to get a torso over the time to gather cash for Bandos or even getting proselyte body will result in the long run as a worse investment. Torso is also only better when fighting low attack monsters. Anything with high attack will result in eating more (cost), guthaning more (cost and loss of whip time), praying (no prayer bonus from the torso...)

It's all a matter of calculating the time, costs and the illusive and uncalculable "player preference".

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Pheonix Necklaces

Smoke Barrage (or most magic for that matter)

Dragon Spear

Seercull

Ahrim's Hoods (Down to 40K)

Blessed Spirit Shield

"Heal Other"

"Special Transfer"

I have others, just lost my train of thought.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Pheonix Necklaces

Smoke Barrage (or most magic for that matter)

Dragon Spear

Seercull

Ahrim's Hoods (Down to 40K)

Blessed Spirit Shield

"Heal Other"

"Special Transfer"

I have others, just lost my train of thought.

Randomly healing people in bh is soooooo much fun!

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

imo pumpkin is underrated...its oldest holiday item and also there isnt very much of them because then there was not so many players and no one was waiting any kind holiday item nor knew they was going to be good to save...most noobs used them as food because then they was healing decent amount.

its soon 8 years old item dropped only one day and still price is very low...

You guys are just naming good and useful items that aren't even underrated...

Ahrims hood has same mage attack as farseer, yet farseer doesn't degrade.

Smoke barrage is used by a ton of people, just most can't afford to use it.

Seercull is terrible lol, I would much rather use my spec bar on something else. if someone is pking with magic then they're going to bring super restores with them rendering it useless.

Enhanced excaliber, how can anyone say this is underrated? I always see people using and talking about this, it's a good item but it's definitely not underrated.

I also see heal other and spec transfer being used all of the time on bh worlds.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Ahrim's Hood is almost NEVER used in an PvP situation, yet it is very cheap and effective. Very helpful for range/mage tanks who don't like their opponents running away.

I've NEVER seen Smoke Barrage used, Ice maybe, but Smoke barrage is one of the most accurate spells, with a great effect, and no-body bothers with it.

Seercull is terrible lol, I would much rather use my spec bar on something else. if someone is pking with magic then they're going to bring super restores with them rendering it useless.

Here I will agree with you, to some extent. The special bar can be used for many things: Extra damage, defense boosts, healing ect. The Seercull both lowers your opponents magic defense AND prevents further magical attacks. When Maging, this is very useful.

Enhanced excaliber, how can anyone say this is underrated? I always see people using and talking about this, it's a good item but it's definitely not underrated.

I also see heal other and spec transfer being used all of the time on bh worlds.

BH perhaps, but are there every used where they are actually effective? I' using Lunar support spells more and more in TD's and GWD.

They might be commonly used, but sometime the WAY they are used that makes them unique.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Farseer has crap for defence and it has range and melee negatives, so most of the times that that +6 mage bonus is needed (pking), ahrim's hood trumps it.

Smoke Barrage is rarely used by people, I've never seen anyone pking with that spell. I've seen a few use it elsewhere but its rare.

Seercull is good for CW and FoG (FoG especially since you can't bring in restores). Pking.. thats just stupid.

Spec Transfer can't be used in single way bh worlds, only multi-way as far as I'm concerned. Also in safe zones, I believe.

Blessed Spirit Shield is seriously win, but more and more people are finding out about it now and are using it. Can't wait till someone goes hybriding with BSS and an AGS or something and gets dropped and realizes that BSS pros over AGS, lol.

PvP armour has been pretty underrated, its cheap for 1 hour combat use if your 78+ def of course.

EDIT: Also Granite Maul for spec weapon while dharoking in pvp, never see many people using that. Its like the other gmaul combos with obby maul and stuff. Actually, Gmaul's pretty underrated in general except at lower levels.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Blessed Spirit Shield is seriously win, but more and more people are finding out about it now and are using it. Can't wait till someone goes hybriding with BSS and an AGS or something and gets dropped and realizes that BSS pros over AGS, lol.

Out of interest, is BSS really worth taking to BH/PVP? It seems like alot of money to lose for something that isn't THAT useful, especially as it protects over most decent K0 weapons.

As to smoke barrage being underrated, whenever I used it it has splashed, on the other hand shadow barrage never seems to splash for me.

ichigosig2da4.jpg