Why is sex* bad?

Omar

I've heard quite a few stories of ~10-year-olds who were shocked when they saw their mother/father/sister/brother naked. Avoiding nakedness is ok but you shouldn't be overprotective about your children.

An inappropriate question: How old were you guys when you first saw a naked [person]? In real life, not on a screen, and someone other than yourself ;)

My mother used to sleep naked so I have seen her like that since I can remember. However, I don't think I ever saw my father naked :?.

Into the subject of public nudity, you also have to take into account hygienic factors: walking around the street completely naked makes you highly vulnerable to illnesses, due to dust and dirt getting everywhere, not to mention everytime you sit into a bench, for example, your body is touching the same spot as a thousand naked people before, thus multiplying the risk of getting a nasty infection (since not everybody has good hygienic habits). There's also the protective factor, as clothes keep you protected from sunburn and cold, and even from small impacts. I don't think nudity is bad, per se, but highly impractical unless you have a designed place for it, like, let's say, a beach or something like that :|

concurso2mn1.jpg

Currently having a break from sig-making...

Join the campaign for more F2P bank space!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard quite a few stories of ~10-year-olds who were shocked when they saw their mother/father/sister/brother naked. Avoiding nakedness is ok but you shouldn't be overprotective about your children.

An inappropriate question: How old were you guys when you first saw a naked [person]? In real life, not on a screen, and someone other than yourself ;)

I used to take baths with my older brother when I was 3. :?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I've seen most of my family naked, most of my friends (guy or girl), and most of my friends have seen me naked. And I'm not much more messed up than your average eccentric.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

No one wants to see your tiny [bleep].

There, I said it.

I lol'd so hard irl my [bleep] nearly came off.

Image school being naked.See a girl,Rejected.See another girl,rejected.I would laugh if someone got a stiffy over a teacher rofl.

Onto other matters,people would discriminate you.It would be so hard for that kid that started puberty late

Timsboy.png

No, he preached for celebacy outside of marriage and preached against marriage. Hence no sex.

Can you give me a chapter/verse or something? Surely Paul would realize the needs to repopulate, or he was providing an illustration and you took it out of context. I'm fairly sure the Bible does not say "don't get married and don't have sex, ever" as there wouldn't be very many Christians at all today.

I have no doubt he might have said it, but a piece of the puzzle is missing.

Here's the site I used to refresh my memory:

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christi ... x.aspx?p=1

There's a couple example verses in the first paragraph.

I think I already said this, but Paul actually didn't realize there was a need to repopulate. He thought the Rapture, his master's promise, was going to come soon, in their lifetime's. That's a large part of the reason he preached that sex was not necessary; besides that devotion to God is the priority above all else, what's the need to procreate if the end of the world is coming in a decade or two?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Because animals do it without shame, & human beings are trying to separate themselves from what they truly are. :thumbdown:

Anyway, if it was common in public culture, it just wouldn't be special anymore. :thumbdown:

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

Because animals do it without shame, & human beings are trying to separate themselves from what they truly are. :thumbdown:

Anyway, if it was common in public culture, it just wouldn't be special anymore. :thumbdown:

The only other animals that can actually enjoy sex are dolphins. Every other animal does it to breed.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The only other animals that can actually enjoy sex are dolphins. Every other animal does it to breed.

LOL!?

Where'd you find that out?

Only fear God,

LOL!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolphins#R ... _sexuality

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

LOL!?

Err...Not really. bonobo monkeys do it everyday

I'm kinda siding with this guy too, but we can never really know imo since we can't really ask animals :P

http://www.helium.com/items/104268-spec ... r-pleasure

On topic, I think that people are way too offended by nudity over here in the West. I don't mean walking around naked, but like nudity on tv or whatever. I heard people are much more lax and cool with it in European countries

yes.png

LOL!?

I'm kinda siding with this guy too, but we can never really know imo since we can't really ask animals :P

On topic, I think that people are way too offended by nudity over here in the West. I don't mean walking around naked, but like nudity on tv or whatever. I heard people are much more lax and cool with it in European countries

Soccer mums.

Only fear God,

No, he preached for celebacy outside of marriage and preached against marriage. Hence no sex.

Can you give me a chapter/verse or something? Surely Paul would realize the needs to repopulate, or he was providing an illustration and you took it out of context. I'm fairly sure the Bible does not say "don't get married and don't have sex, ever" as there wouldn't be very many Christians at all today.

I have no doubt he might have said it, but a piece of the puzzle is missing.

Here's the site I used to refresh my memory:

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christi ... x.aspx?p=1

There's a couple example verses in the first paragraph.

I think I already said this, but Paul actually didn't realize there was a need to repopulate. He thought the Rapture, his master's promise, was going to come soon, in their lifetime's. That's a large part of the reason he preached that sex was not necessary; besides that devotion to God is the priority above all else, what's the need to procreate if the end of the world is coming in a decade or two?

Ah, I see and read up, and read that article. Which, by the way, should answer your question. This is Paul's personal opinion of which he is being asked of by the Corinthian church. He was utterly convinced that Christ would come in his lifetime (despite the day and hour being unknown...Paul was not present when Christ gave the Sermon on the Mount) and believed that the Corinthians should be more focused on building up their Church than getting married and having sex (again, just answering a question they had sent to him).

From his viewpoint, this actually makes sense. However, he was wrong in his estimate of when Christ would return, and the early Christians absolutely had to reproduce. Remember that the Bible was not available in this time (aside from the Old Testament, and then only parts of it) so that Paul could have read the Sermon on the Mount (with his conversion coming after the death of Christ).

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Since you asked...

For the most part, I see it as a bad thing for many reasons. Most of which is the fact that it's motivated so many inhumane acts. I look to history to learn a lot about human nature and the way we act. Human Nature facinates me. And it also discusts me. From what I can tell, we're all pure and innocnent, but very easily corrupted. Most of this time, this corrption happens post puberty. Although, fate calso has the capability to force corruption on the innocent at a younger age, but that's completely unrelated to the topic at hand. Anyway, as far as I can tell sex has created what was responsible for every human related disaster. I mean, at first sex is all about getting happy. but then you become dependant on it, some even addicted. this addiction (or dependency, regardless) is a motivation very high on the scale of priorities in humans. if we don't get sex, there will be hell to pay. it changes us. on the flip side, too much sex can lead to issues too. between unwanted pregnancy (leading to poor parenting, to start an even worse cycle I won't get into right now) and cheating, over sexuality is an issue too. As humans, we've really dug ourselves into a hole. Not enough sex can lead to anger. being denied sex leads to jealousy. unsatisfactory sex leads to misery and/or anger. after a while...it's not even a happy action anymore. pretty soon sex is the only thing that makes life worth living. you go through your crappy life to have sex. To some, it doesn't even matter who. Just to feel 'happy'. It makes me sick. I'm not saying it happens to everyone, as not everyone falls into this cycle, but a lot of people do.

On the brighter side, yes it is a good part of a healthy relationship. Yes I do enjoy it. Yes it is a rather large portion of my relationship. As it is to many.

But just look at the paragraph structure. There's so much evil compared to only a bit of good. The amount of good is enough so people do it. But the evil...to me, it'll always be there.

You can be happy without sex...

@Barihawk: No, I haven't read the Bible yet. But I meant -assuming- it was the bible that caused us to do that.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

LOL!?

You don't have to ask the animals. There's ways of detecting pleasure through brain monitoring. Certain animals have different priorities whether or not pleasure is a high one for them is the question.

You can be happy without sex...

@Barihawk: No, I haven't read the Bible yet. But I meant -assuming- it was the bible that caused us to do that.

i didn't say you couldn't be happy with out sex. My point was once you do have sex...nothing will make you feel the same again.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Naked is bad because number one, society cannot figure out that kids have seen nudity sometime in their life, they can see that kinda stuff.

Also, if you and your pals walk into a store and notice everyones wang hanging, flinging everytime they take a step, wouldn't you leave Wal Mart and hope to god there is at least one walmart in Alabama with a bit of class.

I don't care...nudity is fine once your older and married, but I don't think leaking it into the mainstream will help or hinder it.

Apparently, Britain allows their shows to show boobs (unless thats not allowed anymore...Monty Python kinda taught me that), and the British can also say [cabbage] on the tube, and it doesn't block it out.

Nakeds not bad, its just not the kind of thing people want to see all the time...

I'm not really sure about shows although past the watershed at 10 (I think it is) you can swear. Most tabloid newspapers over here have some half-nude chick's boobs out on page three unless it's Saturday or Sunday, then they're only wearing bikini's.

Yeah but seriously, I've seen my mum, dad and brother all naked. My mum and dad sleep naked and walk around the house half naked in the mornings and it's been that way since I can remember. They still do :? :? :? But really I'm glad everybody doesn't strut around outside naked...

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

In obese America, there are too many people that I'd rather not see naked.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

There was a nude beach when I was living in Florida that me and my friends drove off too...We were like "YAY! Naked girls!"

Two minutes later we left to throw up because we saw a fatino latino woman who had more fat than the penguins in the antarctic...

Just going to any beach is scary nowadays...people just have no class...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Yeah, I'm glad we have clothes. A lot of kids say it would be cool if everyone came to school naked one day, but they only have the hot girls in mind. What about the guys? The unattractive girls? The teachers? :o

Then... Well assuming the society you're in isn't anti-nudism, you'd probably react the same way as when you see a really unattractive person.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Yeah, I'm glad we have clothes. A lot of kids say it would be cool if everyone came to school naked one day, but they only have the hot girls in mind. What about the guys? The unattractive girls? The teachers? :o

^^^Britains pretty obese too...I was watching BBC America, You Are What You Eat, and for christs sake, these people eat more food in a week than I do in Six months...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Naked is bad because number one, society cannot figure out that kids have seen nudity sometime in their life, they can see that kinda stuff.

Also, if you and your pals walk into a store and notice everyones wang hanging, flinging everytime they take a step, wouldn't you leave Wal Mart and hope to god there is at least one walmart in Alabama with a bit of class.

Does the rest of the US think Alabama = Redneck?

Cuz it doesn't meanie

Alabama's cool. They're allowed into the South. We have a club, you know.

I mean, us Texans are only allowed in because we're so big and we'd beat up all you other states, but still. Better than Florida.

Um. That was kinda off topic. Whatever. If you really wanna be naked, run the naked mile, or the naked bike ride. You'll probably be tired of it after that.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

^^^Britains pretty obese too...I was watching BBC America, You Are What You Eat, and for christs sake, these people eat more food in a week than I do in Six months...

But Nigella Lawson is the good kind of big! :(

But yeah, to say obesity is an American thing ONLY is pretty silly. Most first world nations have high obesity rates compared to the rest of the world. It's a sign of prosperity, sadly.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

we saw a fatino latino woman who had more fat than the penguins in the arctic...

So she had none, then?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif