Why is sex* bad?

Omar

we saw a fatino latino woman who had more fat than the penguins in the arctic...

So she had none, then?

:lol:

Well It would be bad for some of my friends who get [very] excited everytime they see a hot girl, because then everyone would know :lol:.

But, if I ever saw my mom naked it would be kind of wierd. I dont know why but it just would be. Not so much with my dad though because I've seen him like that before and my little brother. Its ok [for me] to see same sex family members naked but not the other. I'm not gay or anything just...kinda wierd.

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we saw a fatino latino woman who had more fat than the penguins in the arctic...

So she had none, then?

:lol:

Well It would be bad for some of my friends who get [very] excited everytime they see a hot girl, because then everyone would know :lol:.

But, if I ever saw my mom naked it would be kind of wierd. I dont know why but it just would be. Not so much with my dad though because I've seen him like that before and my little brother. Its ok [for me] to see same sex family members naked but not the other. I'm not gay or anything just...kinda wierd.

it's ok, you can talk about it...

kidding. I understand exactly what you mean. Its just more...comfortable when I see a family member of the same sex naked (don't confuse comfortable with good) cause I know what to expect in a way? I can't really explain it either.

I'm not gay or anything just...kinda wierd.

*Looks at character in Avatar*

OT:

I don't think nudity is bad. People have became self-conscious to the point where they think it is bad. I don't blame those who don't want to see a obese man/woman naked. It gets disgusting seeing them clothed. I sleep naked 90% of the time. It is way more comfortable then sleeping with clothes.

Another reason why I think people think nudity is "bad" is because of religious beliefs.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I am going to take your question futher and ask something has been on my mind for a while now,

Why is it that violent films are sometimes rated for 15+ years when violence hurts and kills, yet films that involve the natural act of sexual intercourse for pleasure or for people making is rated 18+?

I have never understood how people think that sex is evil, or that violence is the lesser of the two, the religouse ways or so called "moral" ways of thinking confuse me.

i250746823_89474_2.jpg

I love this sig.

I am going to take your question futher and ask something has been on my mind for a while now,

Why is it that violent films are sometimes rated for 15+ years when violence hurts and kills, yet films that involve the natural act of sexual intercourse for pleasure or for people making is rated 18+?

I have never understood how people think that sex is evil, or that violence is the lesser of the two, the religouse ways or so called "moral" ways of thinking confuse me.

Violence is a natural insticnt (not to say sex isn't). violence is completely unavoidable and there is no escaping it. Violoence will find you. You have to find sex; in short. Another point is that sex causes violence, therefore it is a greater evil. I'm guessing religion wasn't a very large part of your childhood (assuming from your moral confusion).

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Violence is a natural insticnt (not to say sex isn't). violence is completely unavoidable and there is no escaping it. Violoence will find you. You have to find sex; in short. Another point is that sex causes violence, therefore it is a greater evil. I'm guessing religion wasn't a very large part of your childhood (assuming from your moral confusion).

The fact that people breathe is one of the greatest causes of violence known to man; without breath there is no violence. Does that not make breathing the greatest evil then? Should we not all cut each other's trachea's to end violence in this world?

Just because something bad can be produced from something else doesn't mean that that something else is inherently evil. No one's perfect, and bar mathematics neither is anything. You've got to weigh the rewards vs. the consequences- is what we gain from it worth having it, or is it too much of a burden on society to have it?

So, the question is (to you, and anyone) does sex cause enough bad things that we should only use it to make babies? Or why not just skip the sex and transfer the semen indirectly, if it's really that evil?; if it is a burden on society, why have it?

I'd like some reasons why anyone who answers this chose their answer, including both the good and the bad and why one outweighs the other. Let's get a little more specific than "it can cause evil/violence, etc.", if the point I made above makes any sense. Maybe cite something, like the average number of rape cases in cities, or how sex chemically brings a couple together.

I'm guessing religion wasn't a very large part of your childhood (assuming from your moral confusion)

"Moral confusion"? You make it sound like it can't be possible he's making a point.

I think his point is quite valid- sex is nowhere near as bad as violence. I mean, one is based on pleasure and unity, and the other is based on nothing but pain. Is there really a moral comparison...? Or is it simply a religious one?

If it is a religious one you're citing, you do know that the Catholic Church sees sex as a beautiful thing that brings a couple together on the physical level and beyond, right? According to the Church, sex serves the two purposes of procreation and unity. The Church sees it as an important and valuable part of life, of human relationships. Are you honestly citing them when you're trying to say that sex is evil?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Some random/serious ideas:

1) Its an extremely old government conspircay! The ancient government needed to employ some people, so they said that nudity is a very bad thing and we should all wear clothes. :lol:

2) As violence is an old thing, people have found that they needed something to protect them selves. They used shields, and maybe this become something to covering ourselves?

3) Certain parts of the male body could have been interfering with tasks. In order to solve this problem, they might have made lioncloth. As this became an excepted trend, women soon followed suit. Later, women adapted a top cover. Maybe with experimenting with different things, people soon discovered clothing and that became commly excepted to wear.

4) As people have mentioned before, its a religious influence.

5) Ancient shopping malls!

Cavemen+Naked=dead back then

Cavemen+Hunted fur=warm.

It just stuck on thats all.

It was just about the weather, there are still alot of naked people in Africa and its warm there.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

It's all the (catholic) church's fault. I hate the way they think that the human body is shameful and natural human desires are shameful and that we all have to hide our shame and force people to think that way.

Also clothes are a very large influence on the economy.

Meh, at least your ignorance was aimed at an institution that isn't my favorite in the world.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

It's all the (catholic) church's fault. I hate the way they think that the human body is shameful and natural human desires are shameful and that we all have to hide our shame and force people to think that way.

How do they think the human body is shameful? :|

Also clothes are a very large influence on the economy.

I'm a Catholic. I was never taught that the human body was shameful, nor do I think it is. Please. Don't blame a society-wide particular view on one single religion. Or at least elaborate more. That's about the 5th time I've heard it's the church's fault and I think that is an unsupported claim. The church looks down on adultury, rape, and pre-marital sex and all three would be direct results of nudity being legalized for the next few decades until we all got used to it. But the reasons people are driven to these acts because of seeing someone naked was not at all influenced by the church. The church isn't tempting people to these acts, it's human behavior that evolved into abusing sex. You and I both know that if nudity was legalized right now, rape crimes and teenage pregnancies would go up. Don't even deny it. We can't change a society-wide view overnight. It would take decades before nudity is accepted by everyone, Catholic and non-catholic alike, and decades more before it comes to a point where a good-looking girl isn't afraid to walk the streets alone naked. I don't consider the church to be the villian here.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

The new title is a fair point tbh, if sex was banned then in 50-60 years time there would be no more war or crime at all, and climate change + pollution would stop as well.

No it wouldn't. If sex was banned it would almost definitely happen even more in protest, and it would stop nothing, even if somehow a global law was made about that. There's no way too stop 6 billion people.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

The new title is a fair point tbh, if sex was banned then in 50-60 years time there would be no more war or crime at all, and climate change + pollution would stop as well.

No it wouldn't. If sex was banned it would almost definitely happen even more in protest, and it would stop nothing, even if somehow a global law was made about that. There's no way too stop 6 billion people.

If they died of old age and didn't have children, there would be no more war I assure you. (human wars at least)

If they died of old age and didn't have children, there would be no more war I assure you. (human wars at least)

I'll probably still be alive in 50 years, I could always start a war. In any case, I meant there is no way to stop all the humans on the planet from not having kids. Other than making everyone sterile. Then we would probably invest in cloning.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I'll probably still be alive in 50 years, I could always start a war. In any case, I meant there is no way to stop all the humans on the planet from not having kids. Other than making everyone sterile. Then we would probably invest in cloning.

Like in Aeon Flux. :roll:

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Sex can be whatever you want it to be, depending on your ideologies/religion and probably a few more factors that I can't think of right now.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Health professionals and parents want to prevent teenagers from having sex because they don't want them to get any diseases or have unwanted pregnancy.

Birth control, a condom, and not [bleep]ing everything that moves. I will say pregnancy is easy to avoid if you just take the precautions. STDs are a little more difficult because it seems to me people don't want to be open about it and would rather have their partner suffer.

The fact that people breathe is one of the greatest causes of violence known to man; without breath there is no violence. Does that not make breathing the greatest evil then? Should we not all cut each other's trachea's to end violence in this world?

Just because something bad can be produced from something else doesn't mean that that something else is inherently evil. No one's perfect, and bar mathematics neither is anything. You've got to weigh the rewards vs. the consequences- is what we gain from it worth having it, or is it too much of a burden on society to have it?

So, the question is (to you, and anyone) does sex cause enough bad things that we should only use it to make babies? Or why not just skip the sex and transfer the semen indirectly, if it's really that evil?; if it is a burden on society, why have it?

I'd like some reasons why anyone who answers this chose their answer, including both the good and the bad and why one outweighs the other. Let's get a little more specific than "it can cause evil/violence, etc.", if the point I made above makes any sense. Maybe cite something, like the average number of rape cases in cities, or how sex chemically brings a couple together.

I'm guessing religion wasn't a very large part of your childhood (assuming from your moral confusion)

"Moral confusion"? You make it sound like it can't be possible he's making a point.

I think his point is quite valid- sex is nowhere near as bad as violence. I mean, one is based on pleasure and unity, and the other is based on nothing but pain. Is there really a moral comparison...? Or is it simply a religious one?

If it is a religious one you're citing, you do know that the Catholic Church sees sex as a beautiful thing that brings a couple together on the physical level and beyond, right? According to the Church, sex serves the two purposes of procreation and unity. The Church sees it as an important and valuable part of life, of human relationships. Are you honestly citing them when you're trying to say that sex is evil?

You've got more fight in you then I thought :)

Anyway, your whole first point about breathing, although I know was a quick example, allow me to disprove the theory. If we all stopped breathing, yes there'd be no violence. On the other hand there'd be no life. And that's jsut as bad, for the point of living is to keep on living (as far as I can tell). You say that people should go around cutting other people's throats to end violence, but doesn't that in itself promote violence? I realize that you say that you can't blame the higher cause of an evil for making it evil. I see your point, and have previosly addressed this issue on an earlier post. Sex doesn't cause all violence. Maybe not even most, but a significant amount of negative emotions revolve around sex including things such as greed, jealousy, and gluttony. Sex as you said can lead to violence. I'd say 9/10 times it does. Especially in the long run.

I also beloeve I ackknoledged the 'good' sides of sex from the relationship stand point. I also stated that as good as they are, they are generally outweighed by the 'bad' sides of sex. Replacing sex with an artificial substitute would be taking the humanity right out of reproduction. It seems almost inhuman for a human to be artificially ensemenated as a first choice. (you could argue this by saying how some people already do that, but I'd rather not go down that topic as it would drift from my main point just a tad too much, but if you must, you must)

As for the moral remark I made, that may have been a slip of judgment. My argument that sex is overall not a good thing has almost nothing to do with religion. I was merely pointing out that most folk who have a very religious upbringing have very set-in-stone morals. Those who have loose morals, so I've noticed, have looser ties to religion. But that's just a conjecture from personal observation. I was curious of his religious background to prove my theory in correct or not. After all, the more data you have, the more accurate you can be. As for citings of rapes and all that jazz...I'm not too interested in stats like that. I know plenty of people get raped. And I know it would help the case I'm defending. But, in brief I'm still convinced that sex is (pardon the poor phrasing) not good.

We could argue this out for a while :lol:

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn