Why is sex* bad?

Omar

It's all about context. There's a time and place where that could and should be discussed. I personally don't want to hear about your sex life. I find it annoying. It's like listening to a male enhancement commercial in real life.

. . .

Still wish I had tv again though.

28jkzuv.jpg2a9b8sy.jpgwqx853.jpg

gridblack.png

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:| . Did something bad related to sex happen to you to a child, or did your priest bang it into your head that sex is evil and to be avoided? Our sexuality is an important part of our humanness. Slandering it like this... I can't even begin to comprehend what kind of childhood you must of had to have this sad dogma.

Either way, this subject is too subjective to argue; no amount of empirical data can prove or disprove either side (considering the sheer lack of qualitativeness of this topic). I say you're greatly overestimating the problems that arise due to sex (9/10?) and blinding yourself to how great it is for people and their relationships. You say it's the root of much evil. I say that it's not, and that everything can cause both good and bad things. You say that the bad outweighs the good. This goes nowhere.

All I can really say is, if you think sex is so evil, and if you are in any way and honorable and virtuous man, have fun without it :| .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

In no way is it bad 8-)

What about rape? Necrophilia? Incest? While I'll agree that sex isn't a bad thing in general, I still think there are ways it can be bad.

In no way is it bad 8-)

What about rape? Necrophilia? Incest? While I'll agree that sex isn't a bad thing in general, I still think there are ways it can be bad.

The people are bad doing it, you can make anything bad with any given situation.

Condoms are bad! they cut off blood flowage!

^is that even true? sure, get a really small one and it will be!

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I dunno, I think anything has equal opportunity to be bad. No I don't. Well, anything can be as bad as another thing, but some things have more likeliness to be as bad. Like a butterfly flapping its wings in Indonesia.

Don't want no tornadoes takin' my house.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I dunno, I think anything has equal opportunity to be bad. No I don't. Well, anything can be as bad as another thing, but some things have more likeliness to be as bad. Like a butterfly flapping its wings in Indonesia.

Don't want no tornadoes takin' my house.

I wonder if the butterfly effect is real.... :-k :-k

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

One word sum's up why it is 'bad': Maturity.

I'll agree with you there. my girlfriend and myself only just recently had sex for the first time in our lives, to us it was special because we planned it through. thats love (as some would say) and dedication..... then theres your hormonal 15yo boy/girl. they think having sex is a race, it proves your mature or old to the mind, stupidly enough the way the way they do it is just the reason we have 14-15 year old mothers in my district. as Deloriagod said, its easily avoidable, but unfortunatly with all these teen binge drinkers, mass' parties and peer pressure, some just jump the gun and "BAM!" 9 months later your regretting it. :|

Popoto.~<3

Well sex has potential to be made into a really bad thing. Some things have more potential than others.

You can turn everything into something bad by reasoning like this. I have knives in my house. I can potentially kill people with them. Does that make knives bad?

Don't generalize on the fact that some people are abusive in their sexual behaviour. Sex isn't bad at all. Sex is essential. Without it the human race is lost. The only reason for todays prudism (especially in the US) is because of the religious scum that sprout crap like "no sex before marriage" and "only for procreation". Luckily the sexual moral is changing towards are more free form.

Doesn't mean you should just screw around by the way. I'd say only do it if you feel good about it, with someone you love. It's something special after all. Or.. if you do like screwing around, there's nothing wrong with it as long as both sides agree with it and feel good about it.

Wah wah wah let's blame eeeeeeeeeverything on religion, instead of the base fact that people are generally stupid. Jesus, I doubt two percent of the American population lost their virginity after marriage. What's wrong with waiting until you're married to have sex anyways? I doubt I will, and I doubt many people I know will, but why do people who blatantly disregard all the good religious organizations do in favor of a few beliefs they don't agree with, have to be right? We're all right - let people live their lives how they want. While I'm sure that gets you angry, just as your calling people who believe sex should wait until marriage scum makes me angry, we're all right - it's our own lives that we lead. While we can tell people what we think, that isn't making anybody do anything.

Although I do agree with your first and third paragraphs. Really just a couple sentences in the second paragraph got me mad. Particularly when it all came after an urging not for Zierro to generalize.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

In no way is it bad 8-)

Well, by sex in the title I assumed we were talking about 2 people consenting and societies closed morals to it, not incest or rape. Obviously rape, incest and necrophilia is bad, that goes without saying.

1) Don't generalize on the fact that some people are abusive in their sexual behaviour. 2) Sex isn't bad at all. Sex is essential. Without it the human race is lost. The only reason for todays prudism (especially in the US) is because of the religious scum that sprout crap like "no sex before marriage" and "only for procreation". Luckily the sexual moral is changing towards are more free form.

1) I think it's worth mentioning at this point that while the majority of people will participate in completely consensual sex, there are people, and we're not talking about a tiny minority here, who use sex as a weapon to control others.

For example, if a partner's not having sex with someone, they're not showing enough "commitment". If someone's done a favour for somebody else, that person needs to "pay them back". If you can get a woman drunk and she comes home with you, that apparently equates to consent. If an underaged girl doesn't want to have sex with an older man, she clearly isn't "ready" for the relationship and so they have to break up. Only this week, KidScape (a bad name for this forum, I agree) released a warning over 'sexual bullying' in schools. Around a quarter of teenage girls admit being pressurised into engaging in sexual activities; worst of all, some teenage boys think there's nothing wrong with that.

I realise this wasn't what you were trying to say, but the idea that sex is a totally lovely, innocuous process in all cases is laughable.

2) As mentioned before, sex can be a bad thing. Even without talking about the obvious; rape, paedophilia, exploitation, excessive sexual encounters can put a strain on a relationship. It depends on the people involved when determining the point at which sex becomes excessive, but doing sex to excess certainly is a 'bad' thing for most people.

They're only ever inappropriate when the situation deems it inappropriate. Between a couple discussing it is fine, in sex education it is fine etc. But there will obviously be situations such as being in public and so on that discussing it may not be appropriate. But in general I don't think it is bad. Human's need sex to reproduce, but perhaps some aspects of sex (acts done, things people like) can be considered by the masses as terrible such as rape, and pedophilia.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

The only reason for todays prudism (especially in the US) is because of the religious scum that sprout crap like "no sex before marriage" and "only for procreation". Luckily the sexual moral is changing towards are more free form.

Couldn't agree more.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

You can turn everything into something bad by reasoning like this. I have knives in my house. I can potentially kill people with them. Does that make knives bad?

Yes, you can. Some things just happen to have more bad effects on society than others. Feathers V.S. Nuclear bombs.

Wah wah wah let's blame eeeeeeeeeverything on religion, instead of the base fact that people are generally stupid. Jesus, I doubt two percent of the American population lost their virginity after marriage. What's wrong with waiting until you're married to have sex anyways? I doubt I will, and I doubt many people I know will, but why do people who blatantly disregard all the good religious organizations do in favor of a few beliefs they don't agree with, have to be right? We're all right - let people live their lives how they want. While I'm sure that gets you angry, just as your calling people who believe sex should wait until marriage scum makes me angry, we're all right - it's our own lives that we lead. While we can tell people what we think, that isn't making anybody do anything.

Although I do agree with your first and third paragraphs. Really just a couple sentences in the second paragraph got me mad. Particularly when it all came after an urging not for Zierro to generalize.

So extremely accurate, it is so annoying when people blame all problems on religion. True, a lot of problems may be in some way exacerbated by religion but that doesnt mean its the cause of the problem. If you noticed sex before marriage has always carried some social stigma regardless of the religion present, making it more of a societal issue(kind of like how murder is bad everywhere) though obviously this issue is of a smaller scale.

and Zierro, dont underestimate those feathers, and to whoever said the butterfly effect does exist but its pretty hard to measure since you cant test ex, I cant go back and stop the assassination of the (royalty I forget detail of name and nation) that started WWI to see if the war would still have occured or not

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

and Zierro, dont underestimate those feathers, and to whoever said the butterfly effect does exist but its pretty hard to measure since you cant test ex, I cant go back and stop the assassination of the (royalty I forget detail of name and nation) that started WWI to see if the war would still have occured or not

I understand your point. It's possible for a situation to exist where a feather kills thousands of people. I'm speaking on a very general level of course though. More often than not, nuclear bombs are dangerous. More often than not, feathers are not. You people are taking my words far too far... I was just commenting on the way he worded it: "In no way is it bad." My point was that there are ways it can be bad. Generally, I don't think it's bad but that's not to say that no negative results come out of it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domestic ... 9220090107

Key point:

Critics have said that one factor in that increase may be recent federal funding for so-called abstinence-only education that does not give information about contraceptives.

I'd say that abstinence only education is a result of religion. Although, I will be fair. I don't think the idea of abstinence or fidelity came from religion, just that religion adopted these concepts because during the days before contraceptives, it was vital for society.

Why are we talking about nudity, I thought this thread was about sex?

You don't have to be naked to have sex, people.

The thread title was originally "Why is nudity bad?" and it evolved into a discussion about sex, which resulted in a title change.

Pixeloaded.jpg