2nd January 2009 - Behind the Scenes 2009 // January

SwordKing

Doesn't look like we'll be getting a new skill soon. :cry:

Thank God. I hate another gp black hole right now

Not all new skills cost money. I think Sailing and Archeology would actually be moneymakers. You know, sailing and digging for treasure. :P

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PHOENIX. When it comes, I turn mem. Screw my physics final. >_>

I bet it's here within a week.

Jagex usually release updates on Tuesdays & Saturdays(or is it Fridays instead of Saturdays? :-# ), we should be looking forward to the 13th of January..

Who knows? :arrow: 8-) :o :shock: :? :oops: :!: :^o :shame:

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

PHOENIX. When it comes, I turn mem. Screw my physics final. >_>

I bet it's here within a week.

Jagex usually release updates on Tuesdays & Saturdays(or is it Fridays instead of Saturdays? :-# ), we should be looking forward to the 13th of January..

Who knows? :arrow: 8-) :o :shock: :? :oops: :!: :^o :shame:

Saturday is a day off for updates i think, or so since i have never saw updates on saturdays.

Doesn't look like we'll be getting a new skill soon. :cry:

Thank God. I hate another gp black hole right now

Not all new skills cost money. I think Sailing and Archeology would actually be moneymakers. You know, sailing and digging for treasure. :P

They would also be horrible skills.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

You assume the undetermined future is going to be horrible? Boy, you need not be so pessimistic. :shame:

We say Happy New Years instead of Gloomy New Years for a reason!

You assume the undetermined future is going to be horrible? Boy, you need not be so pessimistic. :shame:

Wishful thinking only leads to disappointment.

Exactly. If you think highly, the fall will shatter your bones.

[/emo] Hehe. :lol:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Exactly. If you think highly, the fall will shatter your bones.

[/emo] Hehe. :lol:

What has the world come to? This brings a tear to my eye. :cry:

It's good to keep your head in the clouds, but only if your feet are down on the street.

I hope upgrading content includes finishing up some of the massive number of unfinished quest storylines lol.

Depending on the type of upgrades they intend to give us this year could be awesome or lame. Stuff like re-ordering your spellbook is cool but it's not the stuff that makes people keep playing runescape - I for one am perfectly happy with my spellbooks as they are. I'm more interested in developing previously skipped over aspects of the game than small technical fixes and hope we get some of those.

OMG yay a new log out timer! Wasn't there something about Mobilizing armies or something...or supposed to be.

Mod Korpz wrote on FunOrb the RS game "Armies of Gielinor" would be released around the same time as Mobilising armies because for something i forgot now, but he also said "Armies of Gielinor" would be released on 14th January. :x

"Well, this is the challenge that weve set ourselves: 2009 has become our official Upgrade Year! So, what does that mean? It means our New Year's resolution is to tweak and polish what we've already got in the game "

A TON of people need to be happy about this. Everyone who doesn't appreciate new updates will always say "I wish they would just fix what we already have." ...And now it seems like it'll happen.

This is a good day for us all.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

I don't think that we'll have a new skill to look forward to (I sure hope not). It looks like the outcry of "I wish they'd just update the current skills instead of adding new skills" is being heard. Looks like a good year to begin with. :D

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I find it's best to be optimistic at all times, but accepting of hard times. The way I see it, if you're always depressed and pesssimistic, you aren't going to try to get anywhere or do anything, but if you're optimistic and cheerful about the future, you have the motivation needed to seek out and accomplish what it is you want in life.

As for the BTS's, I like the idea of an "update year." Sure, they should have been doing all these things over the past couple years and this will most likely suck for people like myself, but I bet most of these changes won't take too much work (meaning there'll still be time for some more awesome additions to the game) and this really does need to get done.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I think it's great that they're fixing up minor/old things. Sometimes if you release a lot of new content, you forget about fixing the old parts of the game, which can oftentimes become some of the best updates.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Therefore: We must bash everything Jagex does as boring and useless.

Hell yea, pessimism for the....whatever. =D>

ITT: The same people who whine about every update not being these updates; whines about these updates.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Hopefully they'll start by upgrading the trade system and removing limits

I doubt they would go that far. I mean that has been in place for a while now, and players have started to adapt to this new system. In my opinion the trade system is going good now, sure... the G.E could use some re-vamping in terms of item costs and things, but the rest seems adequate enough and in working order.

I believe the trade limit is still one of the major factors preventing Goldfarmers and such to get back into their nostalgic routine.

this month well be increasing the length of the auto-logout timer from the current 90 seconds to about 5 minutes,

This be the best update of the new year for sure :o

Mmm, wonder where mobilizing armies went..

What I was thinking, Didn't see any mention of it :x Little disappointed that it wasn't mentioned. I think they did say something about it being released in January in the December BTS though.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

The only way to do that to properly satisfy/maintain the anti-RWT ideal would be to add a tally to Achievement Diaries, and allow the trade limits to be increased from there. Quest Points already allow for 60K+ right now...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

The only way to do that to properly satisfy/maintain the anti-RWT ideal would be to add a tally to Achievement Diaries, and allow the trade limits to be increased from there. Quest Points already allow for 60K+ right now...

or total level or something 10gp for every level you get

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

this month well be increasing the length of the auto-logout timer from the current 90 seconds to about 5 minutes,

This be the best update of the new year for sure :o

Mmm, wonder where mobilizing armies went..

best update of the year? i hope not thats probably a simple bit of coding i'm sure 365 days from today, the game will have things we will think how did i play without this? will be a good year, but i think soemthing bigger than a timer will capture my eye

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png