new melee armour for nonmems

sambudwiser

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think nonmems do need newa armor but maybe send money to jagex or whoever to make it?

k honestly i didnt understand if tht was ur fancy way of tellin f2p to jus pay up or u actuallly agree but anywho i change my mind about f2p gettin melee armour. they shud get some ranger or mage armour. and i notcied ur going fo 60 wc :thumbsup: good luck u'll need it, i kno i did

sambudwiser.png

sambudwiser.png

sambudwiser.png

Regardless of the "f2p neds fr33 st00f pl0xz0rz"-debate (I do agree, but it is not like asking it this way will help), there should be no extra melee armour. Rune already has a way higher defence than any other armour in f2p, plus the fact that magic, its only weakness, is hardly ever used in f2p.

Well, first of all: Free to Play shouldn't get anything, but that's not what this is about. The second thing: I still use rune in Pay to Play, and I have 85 defence. Works very good, so I say they don't need it.

2j3qh46.jpg

Jagex have staff to pay, servers in many countries to keep going and overall are a massive company. They work in the same way as any other game company; provide a demo, let them play until they need to upgrade to continue having fun. F2P does not deserve more updates

95% of the staff at Jagex are serving members...

Also, the cost of a server is minimal to a staff - figure that a server on a rack is at most $500 a month, where one staff is (at least) $3000 a month.

Anyhow, to the point of the topic, I think that rune is enough, however mages sorely need new armour or a new bind spell that lasts longer than 5 seconds, and an attack that hits more than 16. Rangers hit up to 18 at 1.5x the speed of mages, and they have better armour.

magers already have enough armour, combat robes, druidic robes and runecrafting robes are all new additions

OH HOLY JESUS 20 MAGIC ROBES AND ROBES THAT GIVE +14 MAGIC BONUS. RUN MELEERS, RUN!

That's like saying after Jagex makes a cooking update and someone says "Cooking doesn't need any more updates, they have TROUT!1!1!!1!eleven!".

I agree that if you want to play the whole game you should pay for it, but it should at least be a balanced demo. Give F2P some kind of level 30-40 magic robe, Snare, and parts of fletching and everything would be fine.

Members have no use for low level magic robes, since there's plenty of things that are better. Snare is outclassed by Ice spells; heck, even Entangle. Fletching is essentially nothing but a quick way to make junk, gain total levels, and have a skillcape. These things would be much better appreciated in F2P. Not giving F2P these things is like a car dealer taking the radio and climate control out of a new car before someone test drives it.

Thats the whole point of F2p we aren't supposed to have what we want! The whole point is to make people pay because the armour/weapons/skills are ok but not great. I F2p get all the updates you listed then whats the point of paying members? Just because the majority of P2p don't use it doesn't mean it can automatically become a hand-me-down. Otherwise whats the point?

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

when i meant pay up i meant like send money so they can make up some armor cause they just wont make some armor for people(unless they want to) and thanks for the woodcutting luck thing :D

I'm sorry, but that is incredibly stupid. You don't pay jagex to make new armor.

wl7w9j.png

the only way id agree to ne new "armors" for f2p os maybe a new mage set and thats just because mage on f2p is almost useless besides teles. this is the one and only thing since i think it may bring in some new mages to f2p and maybe challenging a few melee folks and balance it out a bit more.

melee has 6 sets to choose from (unless im wrong, if so idc really)

range has many to choose from including a dragon set

mage has robes ( black or blue ) and if im not mistaken the black mage robes doesnt even match the bottom or hat jeez so tacky :o

not much to choose from there

i dont think f2p deserve this as much as it would just help balance out the combat triangle in f2p and help out the game more then satisfy peoples wants

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

how bout, most f2pers think the dragon slayer quest was the hardest thing in their life, a new quest? lol.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Personally, I think that F2P solo PKing is already very defence orientated -- you can't actually get kills when fighting with armour on. If F2P needs anything its new weapons (or a magic update!)

Don't tell me that - if the person plays by the imaginary "code" of no safing, its not too hard to get a pk.

Last week I logged into PvP, and got 2 kills within 30 minutes of each other... levels 104 and 98. I'm a level 90, so I bet it took them by surprise when I hit a 22 with my rune scimitar when they had 28 or 30 hp left, followed by an 18 with my 2h. They did get a chance to eat, and they ate once, but the 2h finished them off. Oh, and 15 minutes later I died when a level 105 did something similar, hit higher than I could eat when I wasn't safing. :P go figure. Oh, and you splash less if you use accurate.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, let me get this straight. You're talking about BUFFING up melee, when it's quite obvious that:

1) Mages (in F2p and p2p) need better armor and spells

AND

2) Rangers need better accuracy bonuses in f2p.

207pd9y.jpgHubs55.png

~Fire cape achieved at combat lvl 80~

BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~

1 f2p is a demo. Granite is a marketing pull for pkers.

2 pay

3 pay

4 It would have to be something inbetween dragon and rune. BUT not upset the balace

5 WE JUST GOT TELEBLOCK FTW!!! STOP ASKING FOR SOMETHING WE DESERVE BECAUSE WE CERTAINLY DIDINT DESERVE THAT

even tho the pucked up the wildy and trade limit and assist system for us

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Wait, let me get this straight. You're talking about BUFFING up melee, when it's quite obvious that:

1) Mages (in F2p and p2p) need better armor and spells

AND

2) Rangers need better accuracy bonuses in f2p.

i agree rangers dont even get rune arrows, and mages can only get up to fire blast, if you give f2p better armour it will upset the f2p balance.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

Surely the "carrot" to change from being an F2P player to a P2P player is the additional features ( weapons etc ).

Jagex doesn't have an incentive to increase the features available to F2P. Things could be worse, like WoW where you only get 10 days free play, then £8.99 per month. Got to say I wouldn't want to go back to F2P .........

gixer66.png

Get 99 defence. In F2P, full rune at that level should suffice. Let's face it, you're not going to be tanking Graar any time soon.

i do realize most mems say "[bleep] them we pay 5 good hard earned american dollars for mems but they arent bad people and deserve more respect(yes i do belive jagex shows nonmems very little respect)

Respect is earned. If I went into F2P as a J-Mod, I wouldn't feel like giving them an update any time soon.

I think that F2P Magic and Ranged need to be fine-tuned before Jagex even looks at F2P Melee right now.
I agree with you there are some gaps in the F2P combat triangle, especially magic got some problems.

Otherwise you have to accept that melee armors will be forever more fancy and costly than robes by the main public. So may i do a suggestion, make a combination of the demand of skill capes on F2P and elite black armor. If you have achieved one or more skills to level 99, you can wield elite black armor and dagon'hai robes. Elite armor will be really elite and respectfull on F2P. I admit i'm not original, i just put two topics together. Why not making the best of both of them? :)

Now i give Dagon'hai robes as example but that can also be splitbark.

greedy44.png

I think Rune armor is good as it is. More armor for melee like maybe dragon (regular dragon armor) might make everyone buy that and would be pretty overpowered. Most melee armor (from bronze to rune) is already open for F2P, but range armor only includes green dhide (and not blue red or black). Updating the melee armor to include dragon might be a bit excessive and may break the combat triangle in F2P, since dragon arrows are not available to rangers and many magic spells are still P2P. Just don't add in dragon armor. The dragon armor from PVP worlds is good enough, because it disappears after some time, so no one permanently has armor with extra bonuses.

It's already hard enough to hit through full rune with your rune scimitar.

You could argue that the few extra pts won't make a difference (say +5 more in all defence stats) but then again, what would be the point? Rune is a good armour as it is. It is still used pretty often in p2p. In fact, rune armour is way too cheap for what it is.

(I know, barrows is also way too cheap for what it is, but that is another discussion)