Are you afraid of dying?

asianboy7o7

Yesterday I was f2p pking and died about 10 times losing a scim each time. That's 300k i lost not including food and other small items but also gained like 4 kills. Everytime i went to lumbridge i did not feel sad,angry or anything just whatever

Every time i die in p2p i dont feel much though no sadness nothing really

although i dont die pvm vs pvp

what is your reactions when you die?

foukouei.png

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My reaction is to instantly run to the bank and grab super energies, sharks, and whatever else I might need to get to my grave ASAP. Died at Tormenteds yesterday thanks to a lag burst and due to some quick thinking on my part, I switched out the lens in my regular bullseye lantern to make another sapphire lantern. I made it back in time to save Slayer Cape, Neitiznot Helm, all Charms except Gold, the Rune items, and the Pony scrolls.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

i last died at armadyl and dced opening the door, that was seriously dieng unless you count walking around pvp with no items as dieng.

i dont fear dieng in a game no, its part of the game it makes you learn if you fear it so much you might forget to enjoy it :) i get abit annoyed but money comes and goes, always does

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Since I plan everything till the tiniest (is that correctly written?) detail I'm never afraid of dieing... Though when I do die I'm like: WTH, DAMN, I miscalculated.. Followed by: well I won't get beaten by some stupid game, let's get my stuff back!

But for example when I runecrafted (I stopped when wilderness was removed) I wasn't even bother by dieing: that was just part of the deal, I die every X runs!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Last serious death was in PVP with full void\dark bow etc. to a 109 d clawer.

Ground it back in 20 hours. I hate PC. I hate dying.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Depends. Making money on a pure is a pain, so when I die PKing, I get ticked off. On my main though, it's not that big a deal.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Not really. When I solo'd Kree'arra, I did make sure what items I would lose should I die, I never bring overly expensive items into risky situations without a back-up plan. (Almost lost armadyl legs when I died at chaos ele on pvp world. Thank god for ancient magick teleports.) Just prepare yourself for the worst. When I do die, I normally lose a chunk, but that hasn't happened in awhile, thankfully.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

if i die and i know i wont get my stuff back i turn the computer off for a few days and catch up on some book series. then i get back and do something different then i was,(stoped slaying for 3 months because i lost v helm when it was 1/2 of my bank value lol)

Y_Z.png

I know i'm not stupid enough to die....

The only time i've ever died are in server crashes/when my internet freezes up, and that's when i get kinda "afraid" as you put it; this is where i do my everyday training, so i know i can wear my best equipment because i'll be paying full attention. For instance the last time i died was in a server crash when i was training at monkey guards - so lost a couple of mil there but it's a one off i suppose.

I can only remember dieing in the monkey madness boss fight really...

Whenever i fight bosses, i make sure my hp is always high and invo is set up right so yeh

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

With the advent of gravestones. Because can die without any (or very minor) inconveniences, I do not fear the death embodied by a revenant (as an example). When I go into the wild, I almost always prepare to wage war. I only go into the wild to (a)mine a fallen star, (B) hunt/trap a wandering penguin, or ©to do a clue scroll. I find it easier to be prepared to defend myself rather than need to flee everytime a rev comes by. The biggest concern here is prayer, since blocking magic is what keeps me alive (I can only wear blue dhide, so I figure immunity to magic and superior melee/range defence via melee armour is my best option). I can take on an ork and use 6 or less monkfish, but I will probably end up with less than 10 prayer left from protect from magic alone. For this reason, I always carry at least 2 doses of ppot.

Now, not being afraid of death does not make me careless or suicidal. I carry as much food as a situation allows, I wear my spottier cape, penance gloves, and boots of lightness to aid in running with an inventory of food and full melee gear should I need to. I carry the explorer ring 3 becuase it might be able to tele when tb'ed (but I don't actualy know) and because I can essentialy run from one end of the wild to the other with the only pause being run restore. I wear jenicas ring because it (a) can make rev drops better and more importantly (B) can allow me to escape to the spirit relm in some situations. I carry a ppot of at least 2 doses, and an anti-poison of at least 3 doses if I am going above level 50. I carry enough food (useualy 20 monk minimum) to battle a knight for many minutes (possibly to its death) is I have a means of recharging my prayer. This is however mostly for saving myself should my prayers fail (ie I run out of points). I normally run if I am at my least 5 points with no means of recharging. I also have the angel of deth grave, and there are precious few places on RS that I can't get to in 5 minutes. I am more worried in places like dungeons, but that is why I wear a ring of life outside the wild.

For wild combat, as a dafegaurd against connection loss, I do not wear my dragon armour into the wild on many occasions. I prefer to wear black elite, which is arguably my second best armour (I have clay which acts as rune, which has stats above and below black elite, I also have lunar but store it in my house). This allows my whip to be an item I always save upon death, which is not the case should I die in my dragon armour. I only wear dragon armour if the weather is good (a poweroutage would shut down the router and modem), and if my computer has not had any problems recently (twice it has had temporary display faults, which cause a 10 second black screen and often cause a logout which would destroy my grave and everything it protects, but this happens only about once a year and fortunatly never in serious combat). And even then I only bring the dragon armour for heavy duty combat where there are people to bless/repair my grave. This ammounts to taking on a knight with the objective to kill it, or expecting repeated combat with somethign like an ork (like a pair), in a place with an alter or someplace I can seek shelter.

I do not go on pvp because I have no items for combat I would would not mind losing. I will risk some of them, but being almost garunteed I will loose items, and often, I will not put up with.

I only fear death at quest boses. I almost died on contact several times because I tried to mage using water wave (which I now know is suicide), and even resorted in one fight to melee combat. Then wen't back with ibans staff and destroyed the boss in 12 hits, not needing to eat once (it is weak to ibans, earth and possibly slayer dart). Quests related deaths have been teh only ones where I have lost valubles (or what were valuble to me then, like rune), but all these deathes were before gravestones.

I do get tense when I lose connection in combat, because the act of loggin in will erase my gravestone if I have died. I ahve only died this way once out of about 12 instances during my 5 year runescape carreer.

Yeah, I'm afraid of death. I literally had nightmares about getting poisoned, and running to a bank to heal it. Usually I die, I run back to where I died, and all my items are gone! Seriously, I'm that terrified of dying.

Okay, no, I'm not that afraid of dying, my dreams are just stupid sometimes. It's just a terrible feeling when you lose something, even in Runescape. I worked hard for my items, and losing them is setting me back a few hours. When I die, I think, "Oh my God, I gotta get back to my grave!" I run frantically to the bank, take out energy restores, or a terrorbird and scrolls, teleport runes, and rush to my grave.

However, I've only had to do that like once or twice, because all the other times were before gravestones, where I'm technically screwed for certain, unless it's rather nearby.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

One day I nearly died to Fire Giants twice because of extreme slowdown on my computer. Surprisingly in two different places. One time I had 2 hp left and the other time eight. The slowdown stopped after deleting my mouse drivers - it still works with no problems however. Odd mouse.

Pff if I die because of a pjer, which is what happens in most cases or some noob who's like 80+ combat, I'll say something bad like noob, nerd, ffs and the list goes on... If I die in a fair fight I mostly don't say anything, no offence you killed me in a fair way so I don't really care. But it's been quite a long time since I've fougth a fair fight -.- .

a while back, I was lvl 82 and had 4.3m.

This guy pms me saying "I'll sell you a whip for 2m!!!, price was 2.8m. So i am in edgeville and he tells me to go near the trees. I have all my cash and everything. I trade him and all of a sudden...BRRRRNG BLING BLING BLING BLING BLAAANGGG (ice blitz noise i guess..)

i got ddsed and koed.

I was at a library playing with my friends too...I yelled out [bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!] and everyone was like wtf?

then on 12/02/08, after being idle since 7/29/08 i see my bgs, which i bought for 32m, is now 17m... then i look at it and say... eh, it's only pixels... AND THAT IS HOW EVERYONE SHOULD VIEW THIS GAME...

(the point is, don't get upset about dying)

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.