99 skill partys?

n00bfiterpk6

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I don't like parties, I think they're a waste of time.

Yeah, who'd want to socialize on an mmo, wtf? I could spend my time better getting my skills higher, now there's a good way to spend my time!! :-s

XD

I had a party for my first 99, strength, but that was also around 4 years ago. All 99s i've gotten have been with my gf present (though, so are most levels), and usually a couple of friends, if they're interested in coming. Never had a part that I actually invited people I don't know though.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, who'd want to socialize on an mmo, wtf? I could spend my time better getting my skills higher, now there's a good way to spend my time!! :-s

XD

Nah, I just don't think they're fun. What's fun about standing around for a while waiting till everyone is there, then getting the level/typing a grats message and do something like walking around randomly following the person that just got the level :|

At least playing for xp gives me a sense of accomplishment and does not make me feel like I've wasted my time.

2dvjurb.png

Nah, I just don't think they're fun. What's fun about standing around for a while waiting till everyone is there, then getting the level/typing a grats message and do something like walking around randomly following the person that just got the level :|

Its perfectly alright to not enjoy 99 skill parties, but some people (myself included) actually have fun at them despite the idea being a tad bit unpractical or a waste of time. I personally try to make as many as I can to honour my friends' achievements and to let them know what I support them in game even if that 99 is considered an "easy" one such as fletching or cooking. Besides, they make for great screenshots/memories to look back on and reminisce ::' .

sig-4504.jpg

^ Refresh for a new signature ^

090125180013cc9.png

Way to [bleep]ing advertise for you own party.... Very lame.

OT: I don't like parties, it is that I got forced to have one for 99 herblore, otherwise I would've leveled on my own. And then like 15 people were there at my party and I was like "What the [bleep]?!".

At least playing for xp gives me a sense of accomplishment and does not make me feel like I've wasted my time.

Agreed with both those statements.

2j3qh46.jpg

I don't mind parties at all, only really go if it's someone i know or if its say someone in the c/chat and the acheivment is particularly impressive. Every 99 i've got, i've had friends there. Its good to look back on the screenshots.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I didn't have a party for 99 fletching but that was because noone was online at the time. I wrote hi with different colored fires and got it in the middle of the hi. I might post it later if I remember and anyone wants to see it lol.

Michigander.png

I've only had one 99 party and that was for my first 99 range way way back and that was because i raced a friend and she thought it would be a good idea since i beat her. after that i never had one but people gave grats once they figured out what had happened lol

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

I only go to close friend parties. I dont care what the skill is they are friends and i want to support them. Ive had only 2-3 people at each of my 99's think i had 10+ for attack because lots of people were online at the time ::'

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

XD

I feel EXACTLY the same way. Thats why I never have parties or go to them.

I do tell people im getting 99 and im like "Im going to wait 30 minutes if anyone wants to come", but thats mostly because it seems people want to come. I really dont care either way lol. Then after I get it I go do something else. =P

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I hate 99 parties. Such a waste of your time. Who cares if someone gets 99 in a skill, it isn't really that important. I've had 5 99 skills, and all of them without a party. The fourth one, I got in edgevill without telling a single person (the guy that walked by me freaked out because of the fireworks).

Stellactic.gif

I know I'm going to have a party when I get a 99 - heck I even dropped 1m for my first 90 - str.

I think I'll probably drop close to 13 or 14m, and probably most if it will be str pots, rune scims, r2hs, a few sara pieces, and lobsters/swordfish.

I figure its worth it because I put in so much effort - esp since I'm all f2p.

I'll probably do something similar when I get 99 magic, I'll just drop a bunch of runes. It'll be a while though.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I know I'm going to have a party when I get a 99 - heck I even dropped 1m for my first 90 - str.

I think I'll probably drop close to 13 or 14m, and probably most if it will be str pots, rune scims, r2hs, a few sara pieces, and lobsters/swordfish.

I'll probably do something similar when I get 99 magic, I'll just drop a bunch of runes. It'll be a while though.

Why would you drop something for a party? That's like going to your birthday party and handing out gifts.

The point of most 99 skills is so that you can make money, faster (construction doesn't count). Why would you give away all the money you made? To make people think you are cool?

Stellactic.gif

What a way to waste your money.

2j3qh46.jpg

Why would you drop something for a party? That's like going to your birthday party and handing out gifts.

The point of most 99 skills is so that you can make money, faster (construction doesn't count). Why would you give away all the money you made? To make people think you are cool?

Party favors...

But anyhow it's a celebration... and most people in f2p get geeked out about a drop that is just 1m.

Anyhow, I can do what I want with my money, and I'll probably post on tip.it somewhere for my party before I have it...

Besides, GP in f2p is worthless past 15m... unless you're going for a partyhat.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Not meaning to sound boring, but i dont do 99 parties in general. Its a case of:

'Woooooot got 99'

'Cool, which one?'

'Cooking wooooooooot z0mg'

'Congratz, you just proved your pointless exsistance'

*looks at your sig* :-k

99 parties are fine. An enjoyable way with friends to celebrate an achievement. :)

I had parties for my first couple 99's and will go to those of close friends, but I find they're usually just a nuisance. You have to invite people and find a time that works for most and then people are late and then someone has to leave and then, because the reward for a 99 is a cape, you can't go show off your newly-gotten leetness at Castle Wars. :wall:

I don't have anything against people who like parties, but I prefer to only go to the important ones and not hold any for myself (although I will invite any firends who are on at the time to come and see me get the level).

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I think they are deserved, and it doesn't take much time out of your day to go to a friend's party. You could just leave after he gets the 99. Bring some alchs if you don't want to 'waste' your time.

Honestly, going to the bathroom and sleeping is also wasting time you could get precious RS exp if you think that way :roll: .

I only go to my friends 99 parties what ever party it is, I don't go to the parties advertised on forums etc. as there is no point what so ever. If I am going to get a 99 (which I doubt) I will have a party and invite like 8-10 friends.

Hate them, Imo it's almost always to please friends and it takes away meaning from the 99 for yourself. Honestly, if you need a gathering of friends to essentially say "grats" but with bigger more colorful letters/words to your achievment, you're too much of an e-thug anyways =\.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]