OMGWTF, spend more than 2 minutes on rs to make your cash!

Panzerlord

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Ok, I've been noticing a few things lately, even though they've been around for a fair ammount of time: people log for about 10 - 20 minutes a day...and they make mils??? What the [bleep] is that man? It's god damn MTK, and the g e. Seriously, they just log on, collect MTK goods, get 100% aproval rating, put in some transactions on the g e, and they're done! IMHO, if you want to make money, you should have to - idk - be online for an ammount of time beyond 10 god damned seconds!!! And this problem just keeps getting worse too. Now, there's whats-his-name, the seer who free picks flax for you once per day. What do I think? What's-his-name can hike his [wagon] right off runescape and let people with patience to skill or slayer going after good drops or people PUTTING EFFORT into making profit be the ones to do so! In my philosiphy, if you spend 20 minutes online, you deserve what you can skill up or whatever suits you as a REAL moneymaking tactic in...20 MINUTES! If you spend maybe 2 hours online, in theory, if you are the same level in whatever method you are exercising as the person who put in 20 minutes...you imho deserve 6 times what they have made, as you've spent 6 times as much time working on whatever you may be doing as they have. Of course, things like this will be skewed by luck, but that's how it ought be. AFK'ers = WTF :evil: :evil:

[hide=]I still plan on doing seers achievment diary ( :o ), but this whole conept still annoys me, a lot.[/hide]

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

haha you only get like 10k off the flax guy, manage the kingdom is only like 75k a day if you've done both tasks

and to be able to log onto ge and make mills for 10 minutes, yes i do this

you have to actually have cash depending on what i buy my general rule is for every 100k i make 1k

and how did i get the cash to do this? well look at my rc, i got it to 71 with laws when essence were 70 ea and laws were 400 ea

oh and i also found a blue hallow mask and sold for 12m

]ac_s_dc.png

OMGWTF, spend more than 2 minutes on rs to make your cash!

What if you're busy irl or want to play Cod WAW and not Rs, I mean, you could just aswell make money an easier way and enjoy both games. When you feel like playing RS, instead on 0 gp, you could have like 3M to spent on weapons, skills, runes, whatever you like.

To sum it up:

Lern2merch

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

So what's wrong with using MTK to make cash? I've done it, and I do make a nice taking when I have the cash. That's not to say that I don't spend a handful of time working; Slayer pays for MTK, which in turn, pays for most everything else.

Whatever you do, don't fly off the handle about MTK, calling people lazy or calling it stupid, since the people that actually do it are far from it. I'm more inclined to believe that the people that don't do it are lazy.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

There's nothing wrong with passive income. It's no less honorable, but it certainly is easier and almost always more profitable. I suggest you do the things daxter76 mentioned if you want some quick money, since I assume this is more of a jealous raging than a rant.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

i collect my goods then put em for a higher value then go and do a useless skill (fish and drop lol)

am i teh haxxors? no i just know how to make money doing next to nothing

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

So what's wrong with using MTK to make cash? I've done it, and I do make a nice taking when I have the cash. That's not to say that I don't spend a handful of time working; Slayer pays for MTK, which in turn, pays for most everything else.

Whatever you do, don't fly off the handle about MTK, calling people lazy or calling it stupid, since the people that actually do it are far from it. I'm more inclined to believe that the people that don't do it are lazy.

That's what I'm doing atm. I just doubled my money (I'm poor fyi). It went from 1m to 2m in about 10 days. I made 100k a day. Why complain when they put it in the game FOR A REASON (intentional shouting)?

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

But then again, the gay Asian kid we all thought was gonna be an actor turned out to be a rapist. Who knew.
E-cards, the new and improved way to get in someones pants :thumbup:.

:twss:

First Dragon Drop Ever On: February 7, 2009 at 11:45am. Dragon Spear from Black Dragon

"I'll take a hardware store over a gun any day. Guns make you stupid. Better to fight your wars with duct tape. Duct tape makes you smart."

So let me get this straight, the whole point of your rant is about pepole who don't 'work' 'hard enough' for their money? I guess us merchants (My record so far is 5.2m in a day made with ~30 seconds of GE buying\selling) are hosed.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I say that if you do it fairly and honestly, so be it.

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

But then again, the gay Asian kid we all thought was gonna be an actor turned out to be a rapist. Who knew.
E-cards, the new and improved way to get in someones pants :thumbup:.

:twss:

First Dragon Drop Ever On: February 7, 2009 at 11:45am. Dragon Spear from Black Dragon

"I'll take a hardware store over a gun any day. Guns make you stupid. Better to fight your wars with duct tape. Duct tape makes you smart."

how about you make money as you mtk?... ever think about that? while your little 'enemy' is making 100k a day (or so i've heard, i use it and have never made records beyond a rough estimate) you could make a whopping 1m if you just crafted laws for a few hours. mtk is quite possibly the easiest thing to do in rs. AND IT'S NOT ILLEGAL ZOMG?!

make a complaint about people buying their money, not people being lethargic/thrifty about it.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

this is like going around and complaining about people who go to college " its not fair they only sacrafice 4-12 years of thier life and they earn more cash in 1 day than me working a week" its a chance to be wealthy take it miscallania isnt new its always been there!

sambudwiser.png

sambudwiser.png

sambudwiser.png

guys, I'm not arguing that MTK isn't a good thing, ok? I just find it highly annoying in some aspects, that it's so easy to make cash while AFK. jeez, and the free flax thing? It's only like 3k a day, but it's just the concept so sarcastic comments about it making 11m in 32 years...not apprieciated :-#

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

guys, I'm not arguing that MTK isn't a good thing, ok? I just find it highly annoying in some aspects, that it's so easy to make cash while AFK. jeez, and the free flax thing? It's only like 3k a day, but it's just the concept so sarcastic comments about it making 11m in 32 years...not apprieciated :-#

Why do you care about how people make their money? Its not like it matters anyway; they're not taking anything from you. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Unless you don't like making 100k's of gp easily with no effort...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Why do you care about how people make their money? Its not like it matters anyway; they're not taking anything from you. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Unless you don't like making 100k's of gp easily with no effort...

You're exactly right. Though others can technically be taking away from you through MTK and merching, it's really quite slight. I've never felt bad about employing the workers I earned through adventuring; I'm not sure why anybody would.

I'm not bold enough to merchant, but I've done small things occasionally, and I certainly don't feel bad about that either. What's happening to Armadyl armor right now is a different story though. <.<

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

This is the same concept in real life, its a fact of life, get over it.

You spend 5 hours working at McDonalds. You earn 200$ (for arguments sake)

Someone else, who has money (like in your argument) can go online to some stock website for '2 minutes' and earn a thousand dollars.

So, according to you, the guy at McDonalds should be able to earn 5x as much as he does now, just to make it fair.

No. If you have money, use it to make more.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th