The Great Ring Of Wealth Experiment(Method updated[Step3&4])

K112

Monster Killed: Pyrefiend

Ring of wealth used or not: Not

[hide=Drops]1. Fire rune (30)

2. Steel axe

3. Coins (120)

4. Coins (200)

5. Coins (40)

6. Fire rune (30)

7. Coins (40)

8. Coins (40)

9. Staff of fire

10. Staff of fire

11. Steel axe

12. Coins (10)

13. Fire rune (30)

14. Coins (10)

15. Coins (120)

16. Steel boots

17. Fire rune (30)

18. Coins (10)

19. Fire rune (30)

20. Gold ore

21. Steel boots, Green Charm

22. Steel axe

23. Coins (40)

24. Coins (40)

25. Coins (100), Gold Charm

26. Coins (140), Crimson Charm

27. Coins (200)

28. Coins (120)

29. Gold ore

30. Coins (40), Green Charm

31. Mithril chainbody, Crimson Charm

32. Chaos rune (12)

33. Coins (40)

34. Coins (10)

35. Coins (10)

36. Coins (10)

37. Steel axe

38. (Nothing)

39. Coins (10), Green Charm

40. Jug of wine

41. Jug of wine

42. Fire rune (30)

43. Coins (120)

44. Coins (120)

45. Coins (50)

46. Coins (40)

47. Fire rune (30)

48. Fire rune (30), Gold Charm

49. Fire rune (30)

50. Steel full helm

51. Coins (40)

52. Coins (130)

53. Fire rune (30)

54. Fire rune (30), Gold Charm

55. Steel full helm

56. Coins (450)

57. Mithril chainbody, Gold Charm

58. Coins (10)

59. Fire rune (60)

60. Fire rune (30)

61. Coins (120)

62. Steel full helm

63. Steel full helm

64. Coins (40)

65. Fire rune (60)

66. Fire rune (30)

67. Steel boots

68. Coins (40)

69. Coins (40)

70. Uncut ruby

71. Fire rune (60)

72. Gold ore, Crimson Charm

73. Coins (40)

74. Fire rune (30)

75. Coins (220)

76. Jug of wine

77. Fire rune (30)

78. Fire rune (30)

79. Coins (200)

80. Uncut ruby

81. Fire rune (30), Gold Charm

82. Fire rune (30)

83. Coins (40)

84. Steel full helm

85. Death rune (3), Crimson Charm

86. Coins (450)

87. Coins (200)

88. Coins (120)

89. Coins (50)

90. Chaos rune (12)

91. Coins (200)

92. Coins (40)

93. Steel full helm

94. Coins (40)

95. Death rune (3), Crimson Charm

96. Fire rune (30)

97. Chaos rune (12), Green Charm

98. Fire rune (60)

99. Coins (120)

100. Nothing (Nice ending there >.<)[/hide]

[hide=Total]Total:

810 Fire runes

4120 Coins

4 Steel Axes

2 Staffs of Fire

2 Uncut rubies

3 Steel boots

2 Mithril chainbodies

6 Steel full helms

3 Gold ore

3 Jugs of wine

36 Chaos runes

6 Death runes

5 Gold Charms

5 Crimson Charms

4 Green Charms[/hide]

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, if you want people to test killing 100 without killing anything in between, and you feel it'll contaminate the results if they do...may I ask what the point of this experiment is then? Because you're basically saying "This experiment proves whether or not a ring of wealth is usefull if you kill only a particular monster without killing anything else, if you kill anything else we aren't sure if it helps or not".

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Um, if you want people to test killing 100 without killing anything in between, and you feel it'll contaminate the results if they do...may I ask what the point of this experiment is then? Because you're basically saying "This experiment proves whether or not a ring of wealth is usefull if you kill only a particular monster without killing anything else, if you kill anything else we aren't sure if it helps or not".

For good results it needs to be on one monster for the 100 kills. Look at it this way, you are testing a drug to see its usefullness against the flu. If you tell people to take the flu pill but they decide to randomly take another pill it will throw off your results.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

For good results it needs to be on one monster for the 100 kills. Look at it this way, you are testing a drug to see its usefullness against the flu. If you tell people to take the flu pill but they decide to randomly take another pill it will throw off your results.

What he said.

2v8sgvs.png

I dont mean to be another downer, however theres a fairly sizeable hole in any attempt to figure out this perplexing item's true value.

While Jagex has stated the roulette metaphor for the function of the ring, and the drop system of monsters in general- We dont know what is on either wheel.

Without that little piece of knowledge its impossible to say exactly how much the ring affects, as we dont even know what it affects in the first place.

We could make educated guesses on a monster which has fairly 'rare' drops, but a very small drop table, and then mathmatically determine which drops are found on the second wheel by the amount they are found, seeing as the drops of the 'second wheel' will be multiplicatively rarer* so its nearly impossible to determine.

figure out the second wheel for a monster, and then you can calculate the chance of landing on the rare item slot of the first wheel, and then you can determine how RoW effects drops.

there are already extensive drop percentage charts, all you have to do is break that up into first/second wheel, and it should be fairly easy after that to start an experiment. using every and any monster WONT work.

*(simple probability states the probability of any item on the second wheel is multiplied by the probability of landing on the "rare" slot of the first wheel. a simple example, completely fabricated, would be that there is a 1/10 chance of getting the rare slot on the first wheel. and then each item on the second wheel has an equal chance of dropping, suppose 5 items exist on this wheel, meaning that each drop has a 1/50 probability of being dropped, while the items of the first wheel each have a 10% chance of being dropped. this example however is incredibly basic, as most drops almost assuredly have variable drop rates- so given 10 slots on the first wheel, 5 on the second, we would more likely see ranges of drops on the first wheel, as well as the second. meaning that every drop has a different chance of dropping, ie- Kalphite queen, has dragon chains, and d2h, lava battlestaffs, all of these are definitely on the rare wheel, but the rates are 33% each, they are something like 1/250, 99/250, 3/5.)

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Here is a bit of data for you

- Dust devils without wealth in smoky well

[hide=drop list]Viral Aether

For the greater good!--------------------- Wealth vs Else- ------------------------------ Dust devils

*side note this is in the smoky well N O T chaos tunnels*

Test 1. 100 dusties NO WEALTH

1. harralander

2. guam

3. rune javelin (5)

4. soul runes (5)

5. coins (60)

6. coins (60)

7. coins (60) + crimson charm

8. coins (60)

9. coins (60)

10. gold charm

11. guam

12. mithril bar + green charm

13. green charm + ugthanki kebab (2)

14. gold charm + ranarr

15. fire rune (150) + gold charm

16. green charm + sapphire

17. crimson charm + coins (60)

18. green charm + coins (60)

19. coins (60)

20. green charm + coins (60)

21. soul runes (2) + crimson charm

22. coins (60)

23. fire runes (150)

24. gold charm + coins (60)

25. coins (100)

26. coins (60)

27. crimson charm + ranarr

28. fire runes (150) + gold charm

29. coins (60)

30. steel axe

31. chaos runes (5)

32. crimson charm + soul runes (2)

33. coins (300)

34. chaos runes (5)

35. coins (60)

36. guam

37. rune arrows (12)

38. rune arrows (12) + crimson charm

39. fire runes (150)

40. soul runes (5)

41. coins (60)

42. tarromin

43. harralander

44. coins (60)

45. coins (60) + gold charm

46. marrentill

47. coins (60)

48. rune arrow (12) + crimson charm

49. coins (60)

50. steel axe

51. guam

52. mithril bar + crimson charm

53. crimson charm + coins (60)

54. rune dagger + crimson charm

55. gold charm + sapphire

56. red dhide vambraces and crimson charm

57. ugthanki kebab (1)

58. crimson charm + coins (15)

59. coins (60)

60. rune arrows (12) + crimson charm

61. coins(60) + crimson charm

62. gold charm + soul runes (5)

63. coins (60)

64. red dhide vambraces and crimson charm

65. rune arrows (12)

66. coins (60)

67. sapphire

68. coins (15) + crimson charm

69. coins (25)

70. ugthanki kebab (1)

71. gold charm + sapphire

72. coins (160 ?)

73. green charm + tarromin

74. mithril bar

75. soul runes (5)

76. gold charm + coins (50 ?)

77. harralander

78. coins (60)

79. coins ( ??? )

80. green charm

81. coins (60)

82. sapphire

83. coins (60) + crimson charm

84. coins (60)

85. crimson charm + guam

86. chaos runes (5)

87. coins (60)

88. fire rune (150)

89. coins (60)

90. coins (60) + crimson charm

91. green charm + coins (60)

92. steel axe + crimson charm

93. coins (50)

94. gold charm + coins (25)

95. mithril bar

96. crimson charm + fire runes (37)

97. coins (60)

98. green charm + coins (60)

99. crimson charm + coins (60)

100. guam

**diamond from M.O.M[/hide]

[hide=pic]aemtc0.png***their are 150 extra fires that were dropped after i finished the 100[/hide]

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Anyone saying that sample sizes of 100 wont work obviously has no idea of how statistics works. Many people each with samples of 100 will all add up and be exactly the same as if thousands of monsters had been killed....

Personally I have a huge problem with Jagex not just flat out telling us what the drop rates are on certain items. Lots of other MMORPGS do that and I have to say its a much more pleasant experience that way. They could at least give us an idea of the percent increase that ROW gives on certain items. Being in the dark about drops is a frustrating and ridiculous thing.

I'll be helping out here in this thread with any slayer monster I get for an amount over 100, which is usually all of them. Kudos to you for taking this challenge on. Make sure you have good organization to display your data and your results. GOOD LUCK!

What I'm saying is the drop rate could be affected by the player, with each player having there own roulette wheel.

This would make sense to a degree if a player has had lots of rare drops in one session reduce the odds of getting another, if your on a slayer task slightly increase the odds, if the player has not been to the area before give slightly better odds and so on.

This extra variables would give players more of an incentive to vary there game play (helping Jagex tell the difference between real players and auto'ers as well) as well as stopping massive influx of one item due to sheer luck.

Think of it this way.

If you have 100 people buying 100 lottery tickets for the same lottery the chance of one of them win are as if 1 guy had brought 1000 tickets.

But if 100 people go out and buy 100 tickets to different lotteries then its not the same as 1 guy buying buying 1000 tickets in any one lottery.

I'm just saying even if you do get a decent number of figures the drop rates could be affected by more then luck and RoW.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

[hide=JoeDaStud]

What I'm saying is the drop rate could be affected by the player, with each player having there own roulette wheel.

This would make sense to a degree if a player has had lots of rare drops in one session reduce the odds of getting another, if your on a slayer task slightly increase the odds, if the player has not been to the area before give slightly better odds and so on.

This extra variables would give players more of an incentive to vary there game play (helping Jagex tell the different between real players and auto'ers as well) as well as stopping massive influx of one item due to sheer luck.

Think of it this way.

If you have 100 people buying 100 lottery tickets for the same lottery the chance of one of them win are as if 1 guy had brought 1000 tickets.

But if 100 people go out and buy 100 tickets to different lotteries then its not the same as 1 guy buying buying 1000 tickets in any one lottery.

I'm just saying even if you do get a decent number of figures the drop rates could be affected by more then luck and RoW.

[/hide]

I actually see what your saying, and its a valid point - sort of.

You could think of it like lootshare points? But more applicable?

However, with this system, I couldnt possibly see how wearing the RoW would make any difference at all.

[hide=barndo13a]

I dont mean to be another downer, however theres a fairly sizeable hole in any attempt to figure out this perplexing item's true value.

While Jagex has stated the roulette metaphor for the function of the ring, and the drop system of monsters in general- We dont know what is on either wheel.

Without that little piece of knowledge its impossible to say exactly how much the ring affects, as we dont even know what it affects in the first place.

We could make educated guesses on a monster which has fairly 'rare' drops, but a very small drop table, and then mathmatically determine which drops are found on the second wheel by the amount they are found, seeing as the drops of the 'second wheel' will be multiplicatively rarer* so its nearly impossible to determine.

figure out the second wheel for a monster, and then you can calculate the chance of landing on the rare item slot of the first wheel, and then you can determine how RoW effects drops.

there are already extensive drop percentage charts, all you have to do is break that up into first/second wheel, and it should be fairly easy after that to start an experiment. using every and any monster WONT work.

*(simple probability states the probability of any item on the second wheel is multiplied by the probability of landing on the "rare" slot of the first wheel. a simple example, completely fabricated, would be that there is a 1/10 chance of getting the rare slot on the first wheel. and then each item on the second wheel has an equal chance of dropping, suppose 5 items exist on this wheel, meaning that each drop has a 1/50 probability of being dropped, while the items of the first wheel each have a 10% chance of being dropped. this example however is incredibly basic, as most drops almost assuredly have variable drop rates- so given 10 slots on the first wheel, 5 on the second, we would more likely see ranges of drops on the first wheel, as well as the second. meaning that every drop has a different chance of dropping, ie- Kalphite queen, has dragon chains, and d2h, lava battlestaffs, all of these are definitely on the rare wheel, but the rates are 33% each, they are something like 1/250, 99/250, 3/5.)

[/hide]

I think many people have misunderstood my methodology for testing the ring.

Originally, i was going to see the correlation of drops depending on whether the RoW is present or not, then plot it on a graph and see if there is a significant difference between the two sets of data. Get me?

Instead, because there is no reliable way to test for the price, i am instead going to find percentages for all the drops of a certain monster, on average, and then see the correlation between ring of wealth, and no ring of wealth.

And then taking a look at this data to see if there is any significant difference.

I say 'significant' because it will have to be by a large margin to put the items usefulness to bed once and for all.

2v8sgvs.png

• 1 month later...

[hide=Salarin with RoW]1. Nothing

2. Nothing

3. Super def.

4. Super def.

5. Water runes

6. Nothing

7. Nothing

8. Sinister Key

9. White berry

10. Super def.

11. Nothing

12. Nothing

13. Coins

14. Super def.

15. Nothing

16. Herb

17. Nothing

18. Super def.

19. Herb

20. Sinister Key

21. Nothing

22. Sinister Key

23. Nothing

24. Herb

25. Snape Grass

26. White Berry

27. Super def.

28. Nothing

29. Herb

30. Nothing

31. Nothing

32. Snape grass

33. Nothing

34. Nothing

35. Herb

36. Herb

37. Nothing

38. Herb

39. Super def.

40. Herb

41. Herb

42. Nothing

43. Nothing

44. Super def.

45. Nothing

46. Nothing

47. Coins

48. Nothing

49. White berry

50. Nothing

51. Super def.

52. Laws

53. Nats

54. Waters

55. Nothing

56. Nothing

57. Coins

58. Nothing

59. Herb

60. Herb

61. Waters

62. Super def.

63. Herb

64. Sinister Key

65. Nothing

66. Nothing

67. Nothing

68. Herb

69. Sinister Key

70. Herb

71. White berry

72. Sinister Key

73. Nothing

74. Nothing

75. Sinister Key

76. Herb

77. White berry

78. Super def.

79. Black dagger

80. Super def.

81. Herb

82. White berry

83. Super def.

84. White berry

85. Sinister Key

86. Waters

87. Super def.

88. Sinister key

89. Herb

90. Sinister Key

91. Herb

92. Nothing

93. Laws

94. Coins

95. Waters

96. Nothing

97. Coins

98. Herb

99. Sinister Key

100. Nothing[/hide]

Open your eyes so that you may see, Oh men of mildewed minds, and listen to me ye bewildered millions!

untitledzq6ib0.jpg

Why do people feel the need to test this over and over and over again.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

as far as i know no one has solid proof for if the wealth really is that effective or not effective

Exactly, if there have already been tons and tons of experiments already doing the same thing and they all dont have 100% evidence what more do you expect to find?

Plus if Jagex says it works then why wouldnt it work?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

[hide=]

as far as i know no one has solid proof for if the wealth really is that effective or not effective

Exactly, if there have already been tons and tons of experiments already doing the same thing and they all dont have 100% evidence what more do you expect to find?

Plus if Jagex says it works then why wouldnt it work?

[/hide]

ok but to what extent does it work then? that question is still unanswered by jagex which could be answered if you get a large enough test study

Rob1118.png

It's an interesting idea ya have here, good luck.

I spent a few hours at KQ to give ya an interesting monster to add to the list ^^

[hide=100 KQ solos]1 blood runes (19)

2 Amulet of power

3 nature runes(75)

4 nature runes(75)

5 mithril arrows (500)

6 blood runes (19)

7 amulet of power

8 lava battlestaff

9 mithril arrows (500)

10 Fire runes (600)

11 Nature runes (75)

12 3000 coins

13 adamant spear - KQ head.

14 amulet of power

15 rune chainbody

16 blood runes (19)

17 rune warhammer

18 rune chainbody

19 rune chainbody

20 adamant spear

21 nothing. <---(cheap jerk -.-)

22 nature runes (75)

23 Loop half key

24 rune hatchet

25 fire runes (600)

26 Rune arrows (100)

27 mithril arrows (500)

28 adamant spear

29 rune chainbody

30 *Dragon chainbody

31 wine of zamorak (20)

32 rune arrows (100)

33 adamant spear

34 fire runes (600)

35 uncut sapphire

36 blood runes(19)

37 oyster pearls (40)

38 Law runes (45)

39 Fire runes (600)

40 rune warhammer

41 Rune javs <-- hadest kill i've ever had, is this some kind of joke JaGex -.- ?

42 nature runes (75)

43 rune arrows (100)

44 Lava battlestaff

45 amulet of power

46 adamant spear

47 blood runes (19)

48 blood runes (19)

49 blood runes (19)

50 rune hatchet <-- c-c-c-combo breaker

51 lobsters (7)

52 mithril arrows (500)

53 rune hatchet

54 nature runes (75)

55 rune chainbody

56 fire runes (600)

57 wine of zamorak (20)

58 lobsters (7)

59 adamant spear

60 chaos tally

61 blood runes (19)

62 uncut emerald

63 rune hachet

64 fire runes (600)

65 tooth half key

66 mithril arrows (500)

67 nature runes (75)

68 nature runes (75)

69 rune arrows (100)

70 3000 coins

71 law runes (45)

72 lobsters (7)

73 amulet of power

74 wine of zamorak (20)

75 nature runes (75)

76 wine of zamorak (20)

78 rune chainbody

79 nature runes (75)

80 blood runes (19) - KQ head

81 uncut sapphire

82 nature runes (75)

83 *dragon 2h sword

84 blood runes (19)

85 blood runes (19)

86 wine of zamorak (20)

87 fire runes (600)

89 rune arrows (100)

90 fire runes (600)

91 nothing. <---(really kq? really?)

92 mithril arrows (500)

93 nature runes (75)

94 rune warhammer

95 amulet of power

96 blood runes (19)

97 lava battlestaff

98 oyster pearls (40)

99 rune hachet

100 loop half key[/hide]

Ring of wealth?: No

Monster killed: Kaliphite queen

Creator288.png2763.gif

Finally a comprehensive attempt to answer this question once and for all. I'll do both at fire giants when I get ticked off by thieving (won't take long).

My personal opinion is that the ring does work, on occasion, but generally I find it to be a waste of the ring slot where I prefer to have my archer.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

you need a massive sample for the results to be statistically significant. If Jagex has stated how it works it means that it does work, its just that its doesnt have a massively noticeable effect. This is a completely pointless experiment.

The drop system is that when you kill a monster, it spins a wheel with a an area of the wheel assigned to each drop and an area of the wheel assigned to rare loots. If it lands on the rare loots part it causes another wheel to spin with the rare drops assigned to areas of wheel. Where the wheel lands is what drop you get. The ring of wealth increases the area of the wheel that is assigned to 'rare loots' therefore it just increases the chance that the second wheel spins. It does not increase the chances of you getting the rarest loot over the least rare of the loots still considered rare.

Perhaps this website set up by another tif'er will help.

http://www.rsdrop.com/index.php

You can list your drops, and it works out the percentage chance of it being dropped for members, members with ROW and f2p.

Theres a fairly small selection of popular killing monsters.

I put on about 500 drops but I cant remember my password or user for it :(

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png