The crash code - µ

Seraphi

For everyone saying there should be a rollback, do you realize how many annoying warnings they give you before you enter any semi dangerous area? They tell you not to risk anything you aren't willing to lose before entering a pvp world, bh, god wars dungeon, cb, etc. - and since nobody is losing much outside of those areas I don't see why they would do a rollback.

People KNOWINGLY risked their stuff, with the understanding they could lose it. So when they do lose it, we rollback? Doesn't make sense to me.

Uhm, this is bug abuse. Not some sort of predetermined risk. Abuse should be punished. I don't understand how you can justify scum that deliberately abuse holes in the game which damages other players.

Losing stuff is part of the game, in PvP, but NOT like this.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We Tif members should recreate the scene (in RS, irl would be a little hard) that's possibly going on inside Jagex HQ right now.

:lol:

:Runescape population: OMG! O NOES! ZOMG!!!!11! MY STOFF!@!!#@!!

Jagex HQ: Mod Mark comes in siping coffee and says, 'hey is the thing fixed yet?'

:XD: Rofl'd (seriously)

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

What? Jagex would sooner wish to lose 100's of accounts that pay membership than to just do a rollback? Temporary ban, at most I say. :|

The penguin case proves that financial gain is not their top priority when something like this happens.

Not exactly, what, 150 accounts were banned? Okay. That's roughly 750. Hundreds of people did this glitch, a roll back and some temporary bans would be ALOT wiser. Hell, goodluck to them finding everyone that did the bug. Penguin glitch was easily identified with the mass amount of exp gains. Typing a few numbers into RuneScape, isn't.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Does this glitch work on all versions of the RuneScape client? For example, will I be immune to the glitch if I use Firefox?

As far as i know its a glitch with Java, so whatever you run runescape though you'l get it.

A friend showed me a picture he found of somebody killing a bandos team with this:

[hide=]090225235306.png[/hide]

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

So... tempted... to try.... code...

But I won't. :P

Just tried it on my noob acc, but i didn't turn off my own chats, so i crashed too! #-o

Now i know why it's to bad, it felt terrible, even though i had nothing important. Wen u see that white screen and everything go blank, its scary as hell. Not doing that again. lolz.

Wow, took 4 tries to post. and i just realized a roll back is probably necessary, but terrible. All that wc exp i got lost.!! :( :cry:

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

Does this glitch work on all versions of the RuneScape client? For example, will I be immune to the glitch if I use Firefox?

This is a server side bug. That means, the problem lies with Jagex, so whatever browser you're using isn't relevant.

It's not a glitch in Java by the way. Java is the programming language in which Runescape is built. The problem lies within how Jagex applied the code. Obviously they made a silly mistake somewhere, making a certain character able to crash the game.

What? Jagex would sooner wish to lose 100's of accounts that pay membership than to just do a rollback? Temporary ban, at most I say. :|

The penguin case proves that financial gain is not their top priority when something like this happens.

Not exactly, what, 150 accounts were banned? Okay. That's roughly 750. Hundreds of people did this glitch, a roll back and some temporary bans would be ALOT wiser. Hell, goodluck to them finding everyone that did the bug. Penguin glitch was easily identified with the mass amount of exp gains. Typing a few numbers into RuneScape, isn't.

Assuming each world has its own running log (as opposed to each player having their own log which would be GB's of text) it would not be hard at all to find everyone that typed it.

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

As far as i know its a glitch with Java, so whatever you run runescape though you'l get it.

A friend showed me a picture he found of somebody killing a bandos team with this:

:ohnoes: I was thinking about going to Bandos today. Thanks homework. :pray:

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

:ohnoes: I was thinking about going to Bandos today. Thanks homework. :pray:

homework ftw 8-) :lol:

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

We Tif members should recreate the scene (in RS, irl would be a little hard) that's possibly going on inside Jagex HQ right now.

:lol:

:Runescape population: OMG! O NOES! ZOMG!!!!11! MY STOFF!@!!#@!!

Jagex HQ: Mod Mark comes in siping coffee and says, 'hey is the thing fixed yet?'

:XD: Rofl'd (seriously)

That'd be epic. :lol:

Acting all casual.

Anyone remember the "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" bug from RuneScape Classic? :D

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Glad someone remembered.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Not exactly, what, 150 accounts were banned? Okay. That's roughly 750. Hundreds of people did this glitch, a roll back and some temporary bans would be ALOT wiser.

So because of something a few hundred people did, all Runescape players should suffer from a rollback? Banning them is much more fair for the people that didn't abuse the bug. Jagex did the right thing. Sad part in this case is that people lost stuff. But, when Jagex does a rollback, a lot, LOT more people will lose stuff that they have gained while playing at the same time the bug abuse was happening.

So, no rollback and perm bans of the abusers causes the least damage, and makes sure that the bug abusing scum gets what they deserve.

Hell, goodluck to them finding everyone that did the bug. Penguin glitch was easily identified with the mass amount of exp gains. Typing a few numbers into RuneScape, isn't.

Jagex has a lot more tools to identify people that abused the bug. Especially when a game crashes. Stuff gets logged you know, Jagex will find them, for sure.

Assuming each world has its own running log (as opposed to each player having their own log which would be GB's of text) it would not be hard at all to find everyone that typed it.

Exactly. A simple database query will do the job just fine. I'm counting on bans in the morning.

Anyone remember the "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" bug from RuneScape Classic? :D[/quote

Glad somene remembered.

Whats that?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

February 25th, 2009 a date which will live in RuneScape infamy. :?

Its one of those things.

Let add it with 6/6/6, d claws drop, and the day the wild got removed?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

Anyone remember the "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" bug from RuneScape Classic? :D[/quote

Glad somene remembered.

Whats that?

Similar bug in rs classic.

Typing Mmmm's resulted in a lost connection I believe.

edit:

http://www.anzwers.org/free/jagex/mmm.html

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Glad somene remembered.

Whats that?

They do a rollback b/c of that too?

For everyone saying there should be a rollback, do you realize how many annoying warnings they give you before you enter any semi dangerous area? They tell you not to risk anything you aren't willing to lose before entering a pvp world, bh, god wars dungeon, cb, etc. - and since nobody is losing much outside of those areas I don't see why they would do a rollback.

People KNOWINGLY risked their stuff, with the understanding they could lose it. So when they do lose it, we rollback? Doesn't make sense to me.

The reason why we want a rollback is because we lost our items unfairly, how would you like it if you went to God Wars or some other boss and suddenly, U get kicked off and were killed and lost say... 30m+? U would be unhappy about it too.

Uhm, this is bug abuse. Not some sort of predetermined risk. Abuse should be punished. I don't understand how you can justify scum that deliberately abuse holes in the game which damages other players.

Losing stuff is part of the game, in PvP, but NOT like this.

I never said the bug abusers shouldn't be punished, I said those who lost items shouldn't be given a rollback. So I don't really get how you think I'm trying to "justify scum".

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Everyone here think a minite what fun is rs if you bomb out everyone and get free 2000M you could buy all levels but its not fun that way and it takes fun for the rest of the world out of the game.

Copy and paste this if you want code creator to be placed inside a microwave and we can all youtube the vid of him popping lol :thumbsup:

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

Glad somene remembered.

Whats that?

They do a rollback b/c of that too?

Classic did not have many rollbacks, if any I remember.

We considered it part of the game and did not whine half as much :)

See

http://www.anzwers.org/free/jagex/mmm.html

Abraham Lincoln