The crash code - µ

Seraphi

Nice, made that my avatar but it will be gone soon.

I am honored :lol:, took 1.5 minutes in MS Word + Paint :D

Unspam: I really think IP Banning everyone is extreme, why not follow what Brainymidget and I said? Like the Penguin Bannings?

That would mean only people who use the code 250 times or more get banned :lol:

:oops: Hmmm, uh oh :?

Let's just go with this then :D

Even though the scenarios are different, they'll probably do the same thing they did with Penguins.

My guess:

Used in PvP/BH/Dangerous FFA: Bans

Used more than 10-15 times in a safe area: Temporary Ban

Used once-twice in Safe Area: Warning/Mute/lesser punishment

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=Suggestion]

Unspam: I really think IP Banning everyone is extreme, why not follow what Brainymidget and I said? Like the Penguin Bannings?

:oops: Hmmm, uh oh :?

Even though the scenarios are different, they'll probably do the same thing they did with Penguins.

My guess:

[/hide]

You know I'm just kidding.

Good thing I wasn't on long enough last night to get the itch to abuse this bug. 8 years gone to nothing that way

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

my combine remember randoms and µ pic

2wnbbkl.png

sorry to upstage anyone got a little freaky naughty with photoshop

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

2wnbbkl.png

siggied that pic <3

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

2wnbbkl.png

siggied that pic <3

am i the only one who thinks it is not right to siggy a pic that was made by someone else w/o their concent(sp?)

Y_Z.png

2wnbbkl.png

Amazing how i didnt even find out about this glitch till i saw the system update that tempoarily disabled all dangerous stuff X D

How there always seems to be some sort of big glitch whenever they do something big

Breakout.jpg

08-12-03200335.png

Proud 99 Woodcutter, Quester and Cook

2wnbbkl.png

siggied that pic <3

am i the only one who thinks it is not right to siggy a pic that was made by someone else w/o their concent(sp?)

ok i give consent for people to use my pic in siggy and im very honored *bows* (after all dwarf says my name = credit )

on a topic related note, i am still very shocked that no server rollback happened

im expecting bandos armour / gs / whips to take a price hike

edit: also for clarification thanks to this thread me nor any of my friends lost anything ^^

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Amazing how i didnt even find out about this glitch till i saw the system update that tempoarily disabled all dangerous stuff X D

How there always seems to be some sort of big glitch whenever they do something big

Yeah, no update is ever perfect. :thumbdown:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I am honored :lol:.

The Penguin Bug was actually mild compared to this: those who abused the penguin bug just got an unfair xp advantage, and no one else was directly effected. The µ, however:

- directly effected other players in dangerous/PvP situations, causing them to lose a gread deal of in-game wealth

- greatly inconvenienced players in safe zones

- apparently dealt a great deal of damage to G.E. stability (no idea how that happened though)

- damaged the reputation of Jagex and Runescape in a way that the Penguin Bug could not even approach

Roll-back or no, those who:

- abused this bug more than once in a malicious way should receive a permanent ban

- abused this bug in crowded safe zones (like the G.E.) more than once should receive a permanent ban

- used it more than once in a situation not described above should receive a one-week ban

- tried it out once in a safe and isolated zone should receive a one-week mute

I really do not understand why people even bothered to try it out. Doing so is an act of utter folly, especially given what happened during the Penguin Bannings (in which those who tried out that bug received a ban while Jagex sorted the matter out).

I believe this may have been a parting gift from the randoms- though some remain, the one's who left felt like they should repay us in kind.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I believe this may have been a parting gift from the randoms- though some remain, the one's who left felt like they should repay us in kind.

Somewhere, far off, Dr. Ford is chuckling to himself, drinking a glass of wine, and calmly viewing the chaos.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

- damaged the reputation of Jagex and Runescape in a way that the Penguin Bug could not even approach

They fixed it in minutes.

You guys kinda overreacting, you should watch Arby N' the Chief episode "Glitch".

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

They fixed it in hours.

You guys kinda overreacting, you should watch Arby N' the Chief episode "Glitch".

There we go! All she needed was a lick of paint, and she's good as new!
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Does this glitch work on all versions of the RuneScape client? For example, will I be immune to the glitch if I use Firefox?

This is a server side bug. That means, the problem lies with Jagex, so whatever browser you're using isn't relevant.

It's not a glitch in Java by the way. Java is the programming language in which Runescape is built. The problem lies within how Jagex applied the code. Obviously they made a silly mistake somewhere, making a certain character able to crash the game.

Have you tried reading the topic??! It was clearly stated this but is DEFINETLY NOT server-side.

Second, yes, it's NOT with Java as a programming language.

If lots of idiots weren't talking that "runescape client & server are written in runescript blah blah i suck [rooster] for gays", then I would say don't obfuscate and run the applet with java debugger, because java w source is sooo much easier to debug than c++ w source. But now the code is NOT what is actually run in the applet, so I imagine they need a thorough investigation first.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

They fixed it in minutes.

Sure, 540~ minutes.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

For those saying "ban those who used it in a malicious manner, temp ban others who used it" etc, how are they gonna know who used it with the intent to be silly versus those who were intending to make others lose stuff? Obviously they'll have several ways to narrow it down, but in the end there's still going to be some gray area which will undoubtedly leave people a little upset.

So please, for everyone's sake stop suggesting an over simplified solution while acting like it's the right one. Hell, I wouldn't mind/be surprised if they just checked to see who used the code without crashing themselves (because then they know that player knowingly abused the bug) and just banned them.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

[hide=Suggestion]

[sarcasm] :oops: Hmmm, uh oh :?[/sarcasm]

My guess:

[/hide]

You know I'm just kidding.

Good thing I wasn't on long enough last night to get the itch to abuse this bug. 8 years gone to nothing that way

I know :D . I'm so glad there weren't any fireworks last night :roll:

I am honored :lol:.

The Penguin Bug was actually mild compared to this: those who abused the penguin bug just got an unfair xp advantage, and no one else was directly effected. The µ, however:

- directly effected other players in dangerous/PvP situations, causing them to lose a gread deal of in-game wealth

- greatly inconvenienced players in safe zones

- apparently dealt a great deal of damage to G.E. stability (no idea how that happened though)

Roll-back or no, those who:

- abused this bug more than once in a malicious way should receive a permanent ban

- abused this bug in crowded safe zones (like the G.E.) more than once should receive a permanent ban

- used it more than once in a situation not described above should receive a one-week ban

- tried it out once in a safe and isolated zone should receive a one-week mute

I really do not understand why people even bothered to try it out. Doing so is an act of utter folly, especially given what happened during the Penguin Bannings (in which those who tried out that bug received a ban while Jagex sorted the matter out).

I suppose I should clarify, obviously this is more serious. You missed the context. Someone said Jagex was IP Banning everyone. I think this is extreme, and quoted my previous suggestion which is almost identical to yours.

My guess:

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

N33b Pk3r12: Hai wanna b ma gf?

13yroldmom: Sure

Clint2323: Selling ring of stone 200k, taking junk!!!!

Noob Pk3r12: Sweet. When u wanna do it?

13yroldmom: I love you! Cant live w/o u!!

Clint2323: Selling ros 200k!!

N33b Pk3r12: Btw, i live in alberta

13yroldmom: Btw, i'm really a dude *logs out*

J 00 Pk U2: (ALT+0181)

J 00 Pk U2: gf nubs

:lol:

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Some people have diminished the 'street value' sector for hours,

Some people have restored the balance by killing pjiers, (friend killed someone for ags and bandos),

but my heart goes to the innocent people that died.

Too bad this glitch wasn't around with autoers still active...

They had another system update a few hours ago. When you try to put in the Alt Code, you write a blank character.

So yes, it's fixed in a way :thumbup:

Jay! :thumbsup: