The crash code - µ

Seraphi

This is so strange i was playing for about 4 hours yesterday after work did my slayer task of 77 iron dragons did a clue scroll (super lame one Rune B axe and chaos runes) I had private and public chat on the whole time. The only thing that even happened that was odd was i was in teh clan chat tree find and they booted me out. Also on the roll back thing Jagex has never rolled back everyones stats. And they have never given items back that people have lost. They have early in the game rolled back cheaters stats as a way of punishment but never rolled everyone back becuase of bugs/glitchs or party hats being dupped.

You're wrong.

I have played since Febuary 2001 please refresh my memory of when Jagex rolled back everyones stats?? Cuase i dont recall them ever doing it...

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so strange i was playing for about 4 hours yesterday after work did my slayer task of 77 iron dragons did a clue scroll (super lame one Rune B axe and chaos runes) I had private and public chat on the whole time. The only thing that even happened that was odd was i was in teh clan chat tree find and they booted me out. Also on the roll back thing Jagex has never rolled back everyones stats. And they have never given items back that people have lost. They have early in the game rolled back cheaters stats as a way of punishment but never rolled everyone back becuase of bugs/glitchs or party hats being dupped.

You're wrong.

I have played since Febuary 2001 please refresh my memory of when Jagex rolled back everyones stats?? Cuase i dont recall them ever doing it...

Well, maybe you didn't remember, but yes they did. Don't know on what occasion but there actually have been a few rollbacks in Runescape history.

The ones I saw were only a few hours back in time by the way. Nothing serious.

1) No rollback. What happens if you lose connection during a fight? Youll lose your stuff. Same principle here. I know it wasnt fair, but you ALWAYS run some risk of dying when PvP'ing. The players warrant a ban though, no questions asked.

2) When will people realise that the fally massacre happened on the 7th? Thats going by Europe, Africa, Australia (Jagex HQ is in the UK as you all know). Oh yeah, just because in America it was the 6th :roll:

On #2: Yeah... I live in California and it was the 7th I believe.

But you'll never be able to convince people that it didn't happen on 6/6/06 just because of how sensationalist it sounds that the fally massacre took place on the "day of Satan". :roll:

And as for the glitch; well, I'd be pretty pissed if I lost the 300kish def exp I got yesterday due to a rollback. And others would be massively pissed if they had their rare drops taken from them. As bad as it is that people lost stuff due to this glitch, a rollback would almost always mean more people angry at Jagex than if they didn't. *sigh*... Damned if they do, damned if they don't, eh?

You're wrong.

Well, maybe you didn't remember, but yes they did. Don't know on what occasion but there actually have been a few rollbacks in Runescape history.

The ones I saw were only a few hours back in time by the way. Nothing serious.

Not that its the be all end all place for runescape info but i checked runescape wiki and didnt find anything abotu any roll back but you are probably right because early on they did things differently.

For once I am glad I wasn't on Runescape (albeit due to illness) until late because I would have hated to get caught up in this :? I would have been okay though probably since I usually stay out of dangerous PvP areas, I could have gotten pwned by a monster though...

What's with all the bugs that are happening recently anyways? First the penguins and then this... I feel sorry for Jagex because it gives them a whole lot more work to do.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDKKuyZUIW4&fmt=18 - My own video :P

I haven't seen any proof of anyone actually getting banned for this yet but I'm sure they're coming :lol:

So why upload a video of you abusing the bug? Fail.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I haven't seen any proof of anyone actually getting banned for this yet but I'm sure they're coming :lol:

Interesting video.

You're gonna get Pwned by Jagex though for bug abuse :lol:.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Just because you didnt do it on a PvP world doesnt mean someone couldn't have died. What if someone was poisoned and was running to the GE to bank and they got randomed during the time you booted them off and teleported somewhere. Ok its very very unlikely but there is no excuse for "testing" the glitch as many times as you did. Expect a ban, at least temporary.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I don't really understand this tbh...Has someone found out a code, which when you say it in game breaks down RS, and then started spreading it into the game just for crashing it for other people? That sounds so unneccessary...

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

So why upload a video of you abusing the bug? Fail.

Because i was planning on quitting rs anyway, why not do it in style :anxious:

81147627af7.jpg

Thanks Hatebringer for the awesome siggeh :)

rank2runemonkey.png

^ I got bored ;)

My blog is win <3

Finally, please rest assured that we do take bug abuse very seriously and it is not something that we overlook. To preserve the awesome RuneScape environment, we are always ready to take action against players that gain an unfair advantage by exploiting faults in the game code.

I think they will be banning alot of people. Lol.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Not known of any bannings yet today, after reading a mods post they didn't say action was going to be taken.

I'd hope perm-bans to be dished out. This stuffs messed up, shouldn't really have people abusing something to distress others for personal gain.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Not known of any bannings yet today, after reading a mods post they didn't say action was going to be taken.

I'd hope perm-bans to be dished out. This stuffs messed up, shouldn't really have people abusing something to distress others for personal gain.

was there a roll back or not?

Saifzman.png

I don't think in-game proof is possible, so bannings will be very difficult. If you saw someone say the crash code, you'd be logged off and all trace of the chat would be lost. If you didn't see it (for whatever reason, public off, whatever), you don't have proof of who said it.

Since I don't think Jagex uses evidence sourced outside of their games/websites, I'd be surprised if anyone actually gets banned.

It's a cool glitch though, it reminds me of the

~ W ~

sigzi.png

They can just check who has said the symbol (which by the way was µ).

I'm not sure if they can, though. It never actually appears on anybody's chat, that action will log the player off and thus the symbol (and author's name) deleted, so how can it be recorded?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

They can just check who has said the symbol (which by the way was µ).

I'm not sure if they can, though. It never actually appears on anybody's chat, that action will log the player off and thus the symbol (and author's name) deleted, so how can it be recorded?

The chat message is still stored in the log, though it could be a bit glitched up. And if I'm right it showed up in the chat of the player who said it.

I heard someone say "Juna cave's insta death".

There are so many epic gitches that happen that I don't knwo about. The only I know are the Falador Massacre and this new one (the Mu Massacre :lol: )

As well as dupeing in RSC and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Any other noteable glitches (not graphical)?

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.