Another Anti-Gameplay Update from Jagex

Historik2

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I was hoping I wouldn't have to see the day where RSOF's influences came here. Ranting about an update BEFORE it comes out? Jeez, at least give them a CHANCE to dissappoint you before you come venting your frustrations.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is pointless because of:

1)Made by a Rwtrader. Noone would make this thread complaining unless you RWT.

2)The game is gonna be fun, people who don't like RWT(which is basically whole of RS and BH)will probably love this.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

People forget that intentionally dieing to xfer items in BH is classed as RWT'ing in jagex's eyes since the trade limits, which this whole this is about, and which is all against the rules.

Also, I agree with the above few posts, this thread is practically all flame at the OP for a pointless topic, tbh this needs locking.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I hate when people say [cabbage] like 'just quit then'.

So we're not allowed to express any real dissatisfaction with ANYTHING Jagex does because we like to play Runescape?

Stfu.

I agree with you up to a certain level, but I mean common on this guy is distorting the facts massively. The statement that runescape has deteriorated is bull, removing RWT stopped the deterioration. This guy sounds like a pro-auto, pro-RWT nutcase.

I preferred the game the way it was prior to the anti rwt updates, as did many others. So while it was necessary (they say) to make those changes, it was still a deterioration to the game.

Another example of Jagex's intelligence - they finally recognized that it was easy to transfer wealth with dragonstones, so in order to 'fix' it they made the player stock stores obsolete. "Let's just place a 1:1 tokkull to gp ratio for prices in the player stock store, so if someone sells an obsidian shield another player can merrily purchase it for 280k tokkul. Who would want an onyx for that price anyways?" ... "You sir are a genius."

The cheating devalued the game itself, the change was what kept the game live at all. Jagex was getting sued by credit card companies losing a lot of money. This would have resulted in the loss of the entire company, which is a huge deterioration. :roll:

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I cant blame Jagex tbh, The people that i blame are the people that by Gold and Items in the first place (Why waste your cash on a game lol). Without these people we would be were we were before all the changes continuing to play the game we first new and loved.

Although i don't really like the changes (I do Pk btw, and did before.) we have had, I have deemed them necessary for the game i like playing to continue. Jagex themselves have said they did make mistakes when taking out Pking, and would have done things differently if they could have at the time. They are humans after all (so i think :lol: ).

To those who think RWT has been dead since the trade restrictions, it is just not true although they have been cut dramatically it still continues. Sales on gold sites have been pretty steady since the release of BH and the volumes they suggest must conclude that there were a lot of RWT Transfers ingame. Most of which would have been transferred via Bounty Hunter (and there is plenty of evidence of this on other Rule breaking forums).

Although they have taken down BH for now, we don't really know what they are going to do to it (although we all have a good idea :? ). So lets just be calm until we see what they do then i'm all up for people complaining. But first lets give constructive suggestions that would take both your views and theirs into account, at least that way they may take note. Rioting just wont get us anywhere. :wall:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Cheefoo, why exactly should they do anything more to prevent real world trading? The bots are gone, they aren't having those credit card problems they used to have. So why do anything more?

This is essentially the point of the entire post. Is RWT really having such a negative impact that these changes are necessary?

Look around you and compare the current times to the old times. Macroers are no longer ruining the game, and credit card fraud issues have been dealt with (as said by Jagex). Transferring gold is dangerous, and time-consuming. RWT has been HUGELY REDUCED as a whole.

So it leads to the question: Does the RWT going on right now affect you at all?

Answer this question personally, not with the generic brainwashing comments Jagex has spread throughout the community. The only reason I can think up which affects the game negatively at this point are the updates that are aimed at stopping it.

Cheefoo, why exactly should they do anything more to prevent real world trading? The bots are gone, they aren't having those credit card problems they used to have. So why do anything more?

This is essentially the point of the entire post. Is RWT really having such a negative impact that these changes are necessary?

Look around you and compare the current times to the old times. Macroers are no longer ruining the game, and credit card fraud issues have been dealt with (as said by Jagex). Transferring gold is dangerous, and time-consuming. RWT has been HUGELY REDUCED as a whole.

Answer this question personally, not with the generic brainwashing comments Jagex has spread throughout the community. The only reason I can think up which affects the game negatively at this point are the updates that are aimed at stopping it.

Brainwashing? I knew those Castle Wars portals were doing something odd. :ohnoes:

Anywho On topic... At the moment RWT levels are low, yes. That is a GOOD thing. But RWTers are sneaky little gits. You leave them with something they can use say... Bounty Hunter, and they're going to use it and abuse it.

You don't even know what the changes ARE yet, how do you know that anything about the front end of the game will be changed but they're only changing some of the underlying code or something? Or that it becomes more profitable? I assume that you think there should be improvements to Bounty Hunter in at least some way. How do you know they're not working on fixing what you want RIGHT now while you're here on a fansite whining about something that hasn't even happened yet?

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Somebody bombs a building in Iraq, does it effect me directly? No, should it be stopped? YES.

Saying something doesen't directly effect me is an invalid argument, the people RWT'ing and xfering items are CHEATING. That is the point about it all, they are cheating at a game we play comppetetively, and it isn't in the spirit of the game. It's morally wrong to cheat, and it may not effect me personally but by god i will support anything to get those cheating scum out of this game i like to play.

The people who have brought this on are the RWT'ers and Xfer'ers, and they are the main majority who it will effect, as said by alot of people, a very few people actually use BH to pk now, it is defunct, un-needed and letting cheaters get away with cheating. It was meant in my eyes as a temporary place for people to pk untill PVP worlds were introduced, now we have those, BH is un-needed.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Jagex is killing the last direct player to player interaction left in Runescape.

Fail statement.

Is fail.

I mean really, we have Castle Wars, Soul Wars, PvP Worlds, Boss duoing (almost guaranteed friend from that), Boss teaming, Boss Massing, Regular Trading, Stealing Creation, Clan Chat, Private CHat, Public Chat, Fight Caves, Assisting, Clan Wars....

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

People forget that intentionally dieing to xfer items in BH is classed as RWT'ing in jagex's eyes since the trade limits, which this whole this is about, and which is all against the rules.

Ahh so for all the many years before, if I traded items for far below/above the current market price, or gave items away, it was rwt.....

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Credit Card fraud membership is ONLY VIABLE on low level, throw-away characters.

If someone so desired to train an account up to lvl 100, that's not quite hard to do. A week or two of intensive work at best. And if you're neck-deep in credit card fraud, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a team of people training up that account.

You cannot say that they're unrelated. Just like I can't say for sure that they're related. The only one who knows is Jagex.

What we DO KNOW, as players, is that Jagex's scope has expanded from credit card fraud, to stopping RWTing to preserve the game's integrity. That is one reason why this change is happening.

Jagex is killing the last direct player to player interaction left in Runescape.

This is a gross over-exaggeration. Can you still skill with people? Can you still talk to people? Can you still BASICALLY INTERACT with other people? Yes. They're just changing an aspect of the game.

We also don't know that Bounty Hunter's drop system is changing. As we know it, Bounty Hunter exists to allow people to have a "loot upon killing" experience. I can't see them changing that without changing the whole nature of the minigame and keeping it in the same place.

No, I don't think they're going "WAY TOO FAR OMGH!@#!@" or that they're doing this just to inflate their ego, as you've said.

It'll be a miracle if actual mature, flame-free discussion comes from this thread.

2 weeks? It took me 2 years o_O. I can't no-life for 2 weeks straight. :ohnoes:

Hmm, look, we solved the leaky pipe problem, but... There seems to be a way that the duct tape could leak, in fact, it's leaking a bit already! Should we patch that up to be extra careful?

OF COURSE NOT.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Somebody bombs a building in Iraq, does it effect me directly? No, should it be stopped? YES.
Both the United States and Insurgents are bombing buildings, which side will you decide to stop?

Saying something doesen't directly effect me is an invalid argument, the people RWT'ing and xfering items are CHEATING. That is the point about it all, they are cheating at a game we play comppetetively, and it isn't in the spirit of the game. It's morally wrong to cheat, and it may not effect me personally but by god i will support anything to get those cheating scum out of this game i like to play.

The people who have brought this on are the RWT'ers and Xfer'ers, and they are the main majority who it will effect, as said by alot of people, a very few people actually use BH to pk now, it is defunct, un-needed and letting cheaters get away with cheating. It was meant in my eyes as a temporary place for people to pk untill PVP worlds were introduced, now we have those, BH is un-needed.

So for years before, giving away items was cheating? Trading outside of the current market price was cheating? No it was not. THe ONLY difference between then and now, is you must trade via a minigame to get the same result.

Ahh so for all the many years before, if I traded items for far below/above the current market price, or gave items away, it was rwt.....

No, because that wasn't bypassing a system jagex put in place to prevent RWT.

But now the system is there, intentionally avoiding jagex's trade limits is against the rules.

Edit: To above, the bomb thing was just an example as to how 'directly effecting me' argument is null, and the whote above just answered the rest of your psot.

zqXeV.jpg

But now the system is there, intentionally avoiding jagex's trade limits is against the rules.

Edit: To above, the bomb thing was just an example as to how 'directly effecting me' argument is null, and the whote above just answered the rest of your psot.

Yes it was to prevent RWT, which it does very very effectivly. 99% of all bh trading is only to free trade. Damn near no bh trading is RWT. Why hurt the thousands of players that use bh to free trade, just to stop the literally handfull that use it to RWT?

Yes it was to prevent RWT, which it does very very effectivly. 99% of all bh trading is only to free trade. Damn near no bh trading is RWT. Why hurt the thousands of players that use bh to free trade, just to stop the literally handfull that use it to RWT?

Because even using Bh to bypass the trade limits is classed as being against the rules. Yes i admit the G.e and trade limits are kind of broken, but people going into Bh to trade know that it is against the rules and against the limits jagex put into the game.

You should by now know the way Jagex do their updates, the've done it ebfore, they impliment the crunchdown first to ward off the cheaters, then they impliment the fix for the people who like the game and have stayed around. 'IF' (as we don't even know what they are doing to BH) they remove BH, in this year of fixing, i highly expect them to make changes to the g.e and fix large amounts of trading, but Taking out this aspect of BH needs to be done.

zqXeV.jpg

So you'd rather have their whole Anti-RWT campaign to be in vain instead of fixing BH?

How does real world trading still going on make all those updates in vain? :wall: Do you see anymore macroers? Is Jagex still struggling with credit card issues?

Offensive language affects the average player just as much as real world trading yet I bet if they made all worlds quick chat only, you'd all be a little tweaked right?

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

So you'd rather have their whole Anti-RWT campaign to be in vain instead of fixing BH?

You've missed the point of this thread entirely. The anti-RWT campaign has already worked to stop what it was intended to stop in the first place. The macroers are gone, the CC fraud is gone with it. You'll NEVER EVER EVER make a game RWT-free. That's just a fact; where there is a market, there is a way.

If there are no ways to transfer, guess what will happen? Gold-Farming will become the widespread way of buying gold. If you thought BH transfers were annoying, what do you think about Asian companies playing on people's characters, competing for the same resources as you, and potentially re-opening the door to macroing? Might want to think on that one a little, because there's no way to prevent someone else playing on your account.

What a load of total crap. Don't try and force your own narrow, biased [developmentally delayed] opinion onto others by displaying it as facts.

If you don't like the updates, and if it's as bad as you say it is.. then quit. Whining like a [bleep] isn't going to change anything.

He wrote a well thought and logically structured post, you wrote a mean-spirited rant with name calling, and you think that HE is the one that forces opinions on people?

I agree with the OP. All of the anti-trade updates have completely killed RS and made the community so much worse. I used to have fun playing this game with my friends. With my main, I would give friends money so that they could make pures and we could go PK together. Now I cant help my own friends have an easier time in the game. These updates really limit the interaction between players and after a year of this, I am nearly ready to abandon my 6 year stretch with this game just because so many of the most fun elements have been stolen.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Oh boy. One of these guys who have to put :wall: in all of their posts, to make themselves sound like they're exerting the only form of rationality in an argument.

How does real world trading still going on make all those updates in vain? :wall: Do you see anymore macroers? Is Jagex still struggling with credit card issues?

Offensive language affects the average player just as much as real world trading yet I bet if they made all worlds quick chat only, you'd all be a little tweaked right?

Not yet. Plus offensive language doesn't devalue achievements. What's next? Murder affects the average person just as much as teasing does?

You'll NEVER EVER EVER make a game RWT-free.

Okay, and that implies that Jagex shouldn't try their best how...? The world will never see murder vanish completely, so does that mean take our criminals out of jail? No, when you are dealing with something that is unwanted, you do your best to decrease it as much as you can. Like acne. Just because I can't clear every pimple off my face does that mean I shouldn't wash it anymore? I mean honestly I can't see the reasoning behind your opinion.