Guy dies from to much computer games...

Redsting13

Incidents such as this happen quite often in South Korea :? There are quite a few stories about people getting killed due to online feuds in LAN centres, people dying from exhaustion, parents leaving their kids alone for hours at a time. It's quite scary.

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

Quite ridiculous if you ask me. You say it's freaky, but it's not like a situation such as this isn't hard to prevent. I'm not going to say he didn't have a life, but he should have spent the life he had on other activities. There is absolutely no reason someone should be doing something like this.

peterstretchfn5.gif

Someone died in England recently from DVT after sitting down for hours playing games.

Just losers if you ask me, theres more to life than playing games. This Korean dude for example quit his job just to play more games. Why did his family and friends now get him to a psychiatriast?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Sit around long enough doing the same thing and DVT could happen.

But even the most dedicated gamers know how to watch their health.

Least the professional ones anyways... not outright addicts.

*shrug*

Its bad that he died but he brought it on himself. Like Bubsa said his parents or close relations should have taken a more active role in trying to stop him playing them... :roll:

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

Its bad that he died but he brought it on himself. Like Bubsa said his parents or close relations should have taken a more active role in trying to stop him playing them... :roll:

Psst, that was Merc. :wink:

I do believe that's a tad extreme though. Sure, I'll sit down and play games for hours and hours but never long enough to do myself damage.

Its bad that he died but he brought it on himself. Like Merc (thanks Rhys, *turns very red*) said his parents or close relations should have taken a more active role in trying to stop him playing them... :roll:

Psst, that was Merc. :wink:

I do believe that's a tad extreme though. Sure, I'll sit down and play games for hours and hours but never long enough to do myself damage.

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

Oi. Me Merc, no Bubsa :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Game Over.

Just stupid. Doesn't get my sympathy, own stupid fault.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

What a great loss to society, someone who quits his job (at 28 years of age), so he can play more video games :hugegoddamnroll:

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Thing is, the media will pick up on this and go on about how games made him do it, yada yada yada. When, in actual fact, it was his own dumb self that made him sit there for so long.

ive heard of many people who got addicted, a guy who died of everquest because he didnt take hes epilepsy medications, and a guy who got addicted of guild wars.

I thought the guy playing Everquest commited suicide becaue somebody haxxed his 1337 Sw0rd. Could be we are confusing two different people, of course.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Sit around long enough doing the same thing and DVT could happen.

But even the most dedicated gamers know how to watch their health.

Least the professional ones anyways... not outright addicts.

*shrug*

The most dedicated gamers that know how to watch their health are the ones that SURVIVE :wink:

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

ive heard of many people who got addicted, a guy who died of everquest because he didnt take hes epilepsy medications, and a guy who got addicted of guild wars.

I thought the guy playing Everquest commited suicide becaue somebody haxxed his 1337 Sw0rd. Could be we are confusing two different people, of course.

More than one person has died playing EQ :cry:

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

The popularity of gaming in South Korea is insane. There are professional Starcraft teams that have their own coaches and uniforms, some teams expect ten hours a day of training from their members. There's even a tv station devoted entirely to professional gaming. If there's any country where a guy is going to game himself to death, you can bet it's South Korea.

:? These peopl who do this to themselves are very sad people...

Then again i dont agree with the people who say that the people who die have no life and what not. The same can be said for those who smoke their whole life, do something dangourase for a living, are boring their whole, ect (meaning preatty much anything). Basicly what im saying is that even though you people may not see this as a good way to live, perahps others do.

I like gaming, heack without it i would probably be board my whole life (which=enemy of survivel= possibility of dieing from lack of games :wink: ).

But i found a balance, and it works out for me!

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Well Korea takes computer gaming quite seriously and there are quite a few addicts and people who play 50 hours straight there. Its sad to see this happen, i guess his body just couldn't handle it. He probably has played 50+ hours before and it all adds up until your body just breaks. Sad

Rizla love your avatar by the way.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com