Pray-X....GF Prayer Cape

rhupajiva

Why isn't it a good thing?

The hard part of prayer is getting the bones, not clicking. So what is the problem?

Don't kid yourselves and say its a ruined skill now, when its not.

It was never hard getting dragon bones....Now it is....Completely bought out in GE...Clan merchants will probably hold on to them...

So now the skill is ruined, because there is no more overflow of an item? Come on..

You get half exp for using the new feature, so its the players choice. I can't see a reason to be mad about it when no one is being forced to use the new feature.

You can continue clicking each bone if that is what floats your boat.. And if it is not what you want to do, you now have an alternative method.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how it is now, much more relaxing.

I understand how people liked the old exp rates better.

Looking at zarfots video of him training, he probably has double speed compared to what it is now.

For some people, the update will make prayer faster while for some it will be made slower.

And yes, dragon bones are totally sold out for max. :?

Lol... sure a skill is ruined just because the training method is a bit slower, with less clicking involved. Talking about overreacting...

We should have the choice at least..

I do agree, but that doesn't mean the skill is ruined.

By the way guys, I don't know if you heard:

Updated some arithmetic logic with Farmer Blinkin's Vinesweeper minigame.

Weve slightly adjusted the way you make darts.

Prevented one particular object being given as a reward to free players in Random Events.

Removed a safe spot from PVP worlds where players couldn't attack each other.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Consider Farming, Fletching, Random events, and pvp worlds ruined, all in one update. GF Jagax. Or should I say, fail-ex (lulz).

..What? You can all shut up, I am not a crybaby!!!! I quit, brb guna go play WoW cuz at lest they keep there FARMING ALGORITHMS THE SAME.

/membership

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Apparently by your standards the following skills have been ruined:

Fletching- fletch X, previously manual

Herblore- Make X, previously manual

Fishing- Back in RSC, I had to click to catch each and every lousy fish

Smithing- See Fishing

Cooking- See Fishing

Woodcutting- Hell, back in RSC before members, there weren't even any different trees. Just 1 log per normal tree.

Crafting- See Fishing

I will now start crying and ranting that all the skills previously mentioned have been ruined because of the addition of an automatic feature, followed by some meaningless nostalgic rambling and a few grumbles about how much more of an achievement a 99 was back in the RSC days and how every 99 in RS2 is meaningless.

well i already have 99 prayer so yeah, a little annoyed but in all fairness i got 99 over a year ago so w/e.

in my opinion anything that helps prevent carpel tunnel isnt really a bad thing, it's gonna take the same ammount of time and because of the update bones will go up so overall i'm not too put off.

thats my two cents on the matter. i'm just hopin they'll make a run-x for agility courses one of these days... :lol:

my site(not much on it yet :p)

Chibois2.gif

well i already have 99 prayer so yeah, a little annoyed but in all fairness i got 99 over a year ago so w/e.

in my opinion anything that helps prevent carpel tunnel isnt really a bad thing, it's gonna take the same ammount of time and because of the update bones will go up so overall i'm not too put off.

thats my two cents on the matter. i'm just hopin they'll make a run-x for agility courses one of these days... :lol:

Firemake-X is the next logical step....

rhupajiva.png

Apparently by your standards the following skills have been ruined:

Fletching- fletch X, previously manual

Herblore- Make X, previously manual

Fishing- Back in RSC, I had to click to catch each and every lousy fish

Smithing- See Fishing

Cooking- See Fishing

Woodcutting- Hell, back in RSC before members, there weren't even any different trees. Just 1 log per normal tree.

Crafting- See Fishing

oh dont forget mining which consisted of

you click on the pick and you click on the rock, you click on the pick and you click on the rock, you click on the pick and you click on the rock, you click on the pick and you click on the rock, you click on the pick and you click on the rock, you click on the pick and you click on the rock, you click on the pick and you click on the rock, you click on the pick and you click on the rock, ... i think you get the point

I didn't know capes could fight....

who cares about xp and stuff, i heard games are fun when you don't hurt yourself.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

By the way guys, I don't know if you heard:

Updated some arithmetic logic with Farmer Blinkin's Vinesweeper minigame.

Weve slightly adjusted the way you make darts.

Prevented one particular object being given as a reward to free players in Random Events.

Removed a safe spot from PVP worlds where players couldn't attack each other.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Consider Farming, Fletching, Random events, and pvp worlds ruined, all in one update. GF Jagax. Or should I say, fail-ex (lulz).

..What? You can all shut up, I am not a crybaby!!!! I quit, brb guna go play WoW cuz at lest they keep there FARMING ALGORITHMS THE SAME.

/membership

How is fletching and random events ruined? Any vinesweeper is a popular mini game? :shock:

(or were you being sarcastic?)

howlin1eeveesig.png

I think that people who complain that this will make prayer less of an achievement are pretty much just masochists. Considering that the majority of this skill is bought anyway, I don't see how using this new system in stead of the old one makes 99 prayer any less of an achievement.

How is fletching and random events ruined? Any vinesweeper is a popular mini game? :shock:

I was. It was a jab that any time Jagex updates ANYTHING, someone is bound to say it's ruined. And they always end it with "gf" and "guna go play wow"

So there you are, several things that are ruined all in one update.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I was. It was a jab that any time Jagex updates ANYTHING, someone is bound to say it's ruined. And they always end it with "gf" and "guna go play wow"

So there you are, several things that are ruined all in one update.

I dont think I am saying prayer is ruined....

Just the sense of achievement of getting 99 prayer....and also taking away player freedom....we want the option to train how we want...

rhupajiva.png

Okay, so everyone is complaining now. But from experience I know, in a few weeks/months no one will be complaining anymore. Also funny how everyone always mentions cook and fletch-x, but never herb-x.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Okay so, I just went and offered 66 mil for 31k bones at max. Not one sold. Okay... yeah I don't think I'm ever going to get 99 prayer if the complete lack of bones selling means they're going to shoot as high as I think they are. I could somewhat stomach buying them for 2145 ea, but I'm never going to buy them for like 2500 ea. That's just insane.

Okay so, I just went and offered 66 mil for 31k bones at max. Not one sold. Okay... yeah I don't think I'm ever going to get 99 prayer if the complete lack of bones selling means they're going to shoot as high as I think they are. I could somewhat stomach buying them for 2145 ea, but I'm never going to buy them for like 2500 ea. That's just insane.

If the clan merchants are smart, they will hold on to the bones for a few weeks....

That just sucks for all of us..

rhupajiva.png

Having gotten 99 last week, and chatted to a friend before I got 99 who was also several exp away, we both said "I bet just after we get 99 there'll be an Offer X option" and, lo and behold there is. I went to test it, it's 1 minute and 5 seconds to offer 28 bones.

A friend of Zarfot's told me that he tested it, and prior to the update it was 0.6 seconds per bone offered, now takes 2.4 seconds to offer a bone. While I am rather annoyed at this update, I'm glad I got 99 before it in a way. Prayer's more expensive to train now, and is also slower exp per hour.

I guess for some it's ruined the achievement of getting 99 prayer.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Okay, so everyone is complaining now. But from experience I know, in a few weeks/months no one will be complaining anymore. Also funny how everyone always mentions cook and fletch-x, but never herb-x.

Well, hardly anyone trains herblore because it is so expensive, and there aren't many with 99. Cooking and fletching on the other hand are cheap (or make profits) and there are alot of people with level 99. I guess the cost is why nobody ever complains. I wish I got herblore when it wasn't herb-x though, it was incredibly fast back then, now it is "only" 330k xp an hour making saradomin brews. 1800 potions that is (it's the most I ever made in an hour).

2j3qh46.jpg

For all the people saying that you can still train prayer manually, you can't. Even if you have one bone in your inventory you still have to chose the amount you want to bury, or click just one. Yes, it slows things down ALOT.

As Bouwzie said, those skills are complained about because of how extreemely cheap they are. No one will argue to someone that there cape was easy to get as the money to get the cape, probably wasn't.

Quite pleased I already had 99 banked.

Since the update I am getting 240k+ xp/hour, without paying much attention, and using a tort.

And before the update you could be getting 450k + exp per hour..

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Since the update I am getting 240k+ xp/hour, without paying much attention, and using a tort.

And before the update you could be getting 450k + exp per hour..

Yeah, if you want to totally murder your wrists.

Come on man. I just got 99 mage with an afkable method that was only 100k/hr and it didn't take me that long at all. 240k/hr without paying attention is godly; no pun intended :lol:

If the clan merchants are smart, they will hold on to the bones for a few weeks....

That just sucks for all of us..

And that really annoys me. Not the part about the greedy merchants buying out all the stock just to make a quick buck, because that's just human nature... but the part about having to wait a few weeks. If it weren't for the GE, people would already be selling them on the street for like 2500+ ea and they would probably drop within a month or so. Instead, it'll take weeks for them to rise, and probably 6 months to a year for them to ever be even close to what they used to be. If ever.