Rest: Predictions (New pics added)

obfuscator

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I think is that it'll be similiar to fatigue.

Like, for instance, if you're at 0% run energy you click on rest and then enter the random word generated. You'll then recover a set amount (perhaps all) of run energy.

They didn't need to add it until they were ready to implement it so it's obvious they want us to speculate about it.

I highly doubt captcha will come back, they haven't used that since sleeping bags.

It would be completely voluntary.

Exactly, so what would be the point of it? The idea of captcha was to stop Macroing (which didn't work anyway), macroers generally aren't in any rush to get their run energy back, and it'd just annoy everyone else. As others have stated I assume it will be somewhat like the Lunar spell, where we'll just sit down for an increased rate of recovery (maybe 2 or 3 times, can't be too high).

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Hmm... i wonder how the rest effect would affect prices of purple sweets and energy pots. Obviously resting can't be so good as to heal 50%-100% in a few seconds, it would completely eliminate the point of energy pots and sweets and strange fruit. So I seriously doubt resting would be as good as everyone is anticipating, unless it is associated with the agility skill or only increases energy heal rate by a tiny bit.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Hmm... i wonder how the rest effect would affect prices of purple sweets and energy pots. Obviously resting can't be so good as to heal 50%-100% in a few seconds, it would completely eliminate the point of energy pots and sweets and strange fruit. So I seriously doubt resting would be as good as everyone is anticipating, unless it is associated with the agility skill or only increases energy heal rate by a tiny bit.

Maybe it could just act like doubling or 1.5x your agility level for energy recovery? Speeds it up but for it to truly compete with potions and scrolls you would need a very high agility level, and honestly people shouldn't complain too much about that.

It would be nice, agility should be a little more rewarding.

Dark_Jab.png

I'd wager they'll be taking a page out of Ragnarok Online with the feature having you sit down, doubling HP/Run restore rate, but unable to do any combat or skill related actions.

Agreed

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

I'd wager they'll be taking a page out of Ragnarok Online with the feature having you sit down, doubling HP/Run restore rate, but unable to do any combat or skill related actions.

But we have a lunar spell for that. That would pretty much make that spell obsolete. I doubt Jagex wants that... but it does seem like the most logical explanation.

I think it will be pretty simple. You regain like 2x, 3x or even 4x faster run energy. It might be the same as the Lunar spell Dream, where you regain 3x faster hp. While doing this you can't move or anything. It may be the same setup.

What I think is that it'll be similiar to fatigue.

Like, for instance, if you're at 0% run energy you click on rest and then enter the random word generated. You'll then recover a set amount (perhaps all) of run energy.

They didn't need to add it until they were ready to implement it so it's obvious they want us to speculate about it.

I highly doubt captcha will come back, they haven't used that since sleeping bags.

It would be completely voluntary.

Exactly, so what would be the point of it? The idea of captcha was to stop Macroing (which didn't work anyway), macroers generally aren't in any rush to get their run energy back, and it'd just annoy everyone else. As others have stated I assume it will be somewhat like the Lunar spell, where we'll just sit down for an increased rate of recovery (maybe 2 or 3 times, can't be too high).

So that we can choose to wait for our energy to recover or we can speed it up by resting which would involve captcha.

Zerker_jane.png

Actually I think this is a hint for an upcoming skill, why else they would have to do teasers about it? it's the typical modus operandi of Jagex

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

Actually I think this is a hint for an upcoming skill, why else they would have to do teasers about it? it's the typical modus operandi of Jagex

How would resting be involved in any skill?

I believe this would be an option to regain run energy faster. Perhaps you'll just sit down on the ground? Considering it's listed under the run option, it has to have something to do with run energy, right?

j0xPu5R.png

99 Procrastination.

I'd be a king amongst men at that skill.

stormveritas.png

They could also alter what Drew does. Wouldn't be a first time for them alter something old when something new comes out.

I bet Rest will restore energy and stats, but not hits.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

99 Procrastination.

I'd be a king amongst men at that skill.

Yeah, I really can't see it being a whole new skill. But, you know, we might need rest after those long boat rides :roll:

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

They won't put captcha back in the game.

What will it accomplish?

If the answer is something to do with macros, captcha was easily solved with an ocr back in rsc.

They won't put captcha back in the game.

What will it accomplish?

If the answer is something to do with macros, captcha was easily solved with an ocr back in rsc.

Exactly. I could understand them reading captcha if they were using it currently, but they don't use it at all for any other of their bot catching techniques, so it wouldn't make sense to use it again now.

polvCwJ.gif

Rest...

It's about resting.

It just can mean one thing:

Summoning!!

You have no proof that Summoning will be the new skill.

...speculators...emot-arghfist.gifemot-awesome.gif

But, of course, the evidence that points to this being part of sailing is overwhelming...

polvCwJ.gif

I found more evidence for the Rest option. Look at the chatbox. Both pics found on on Jagex's facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/RuneScape/59261801728

n59261801728_2223169_1643038.jpg

n59261801728_2223167_2227288.jpg

Oh wow, nice find. I'll add them to the first post.

How do you know they're not just on a test server and using commands to restore their health?

I highly doubt "rest" would make your hitpoints full, there would just be no demand for food, other than for PvPing.

How do you know they're not just on a test server and using commands to restore their health?

I highly doubt "rest" would make your hitpoints full, there would just be no demand for food, other than for PvPing.

Why would they bother posting it then?

They also don't say what rest actually does. It could render you completely immobile for 5 minutes, in which case food would still be very useful.

polvCwJ.gif