26th March 2009 - Development Diary

Master_Smither

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh...After reading some of the arguments here I have to say both sides have a point. All in all, I think Jagex should've impressed upon us the "new' structure of the DD...not mention it once and hope we remembered. I daresay this DD would've come as less of a shock if they emphasized its "blog-like" nature.

And Mod John also said on the RSOF that he plans to post another part of this in the next two weeks once he has more content down on paper, so to speak.

My rage has abated slightly. Slightly. <3

hzvjpwS.gif

Meh...After reading some of the arguments here I have to say both sides have a point. All in all, I think Jagex should've impressed upon us the "new' structure of the DD...not mention it once and hope we remembered. I daresay this DD would've come as less of a shock if they emphasized its "blog-like" nature.

And Mod John also said on the RSOF that he plans to post another part of this in the next two weeks once he has more content down on paper, so to speak.

Man if they wanna do it like this they could've put that crap on Twitter.

But on another note, can anyone tell me when George Bush changed his name to Mark Gerhard and moved to England? #-o

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

[hide=]

But on another note, can anyone tell me when George Bush changed his name to Mark Gerhard and moved to England? #-o

[/hide]

George Bush is awesome how DARE YOU.

[hide=]

[/hide]

I'm not talking about politics there. I think he's MMG has the GB insulated bubble and people around him telling him how great a job he is doing while everything around him is total crap.

[hide=]

[/hide]

I'm not talking about politics there. I think he's MMG has the GB insulated bubble and people around him telling him how great a job he is doing while everything around him is total crap.

I actually think he has some good ideas, unfortunately i think some of his employees are severely developmentally delayed.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

[hide=]

[/hide]

I actually think he has some good ideas, unfortunately i think some of his employees are severely developmentally delayed.

I wonder if they'll write a diary about the delay. :roll:

[hide=]

[/hide]

I see what you did there.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

[hide=]

[/hide]

I see what you did there.

Yeah, but I think it was really funny.

at least they are consistant in 2009, pretty much everything they have done so far this year has sucked compared to previous ones :thumbdown:

Yeah, but it's a bug. They'll fix it in 2010.

Are they serious, that's not a "Development Diary" that was like reading a personal blog post.

Jesus, what is Jagex thinking.

Yeah, but they said that's what they were gonna be like. I was hoping it would be a long blog, not the twitteresque nonsense we got.

Don't you dare insult my love interest... favorite CEO?

Come on guys! This is only PART OF THE DEVELOPMENT DIARY.

Part.

This means it is not finished.

I swear to God you can't please anybody here. If it was longer people would complain it was too long and want it shorter, if it was too short people would complain and want it longer. If it was written all offical-like then people would say it's not friendly enough. If it's writen like a blog post people complain because it's like a blog post not an official thing. If the background to it was blue people would even bloody complain about that!

I promise you that you could give players EXACTLY what they want and you'll still all whine and complain.

Everybody is the CEO of an international gaming company these days.

[/rant]

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Of all the quest storylines to finish...

oh well at least it ties in slightly with the gnome storyline since the red axe is apparently working with arposandra, which means it ties in vaguely with the elf storyline, lol.

The development diaries themselves don't really intrigue me, but the dwarf quest line does. Anything that even makes me remotely think of a Dragon Pickaxe is of interest to me. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Don't you dare insult my love interest... favorite CEO?

Come on guys! This is only PART OF THE DEVELOPMENT DIARY.

Part.

This means it is not finished.

Obviously. But that's not the point. With this piece of crap, they've given us nothing. It's a brainfart from a developer. If they want to make it blog-like, I'm all for it.. but this is just nothing at all.

I swear to God you can't please anybody here. If it was longer people would complain it was too long and want it shorter, if it was too short people would complain and want it longer. If it was written all offical-like then people would say it's not friendly enough. If it's writen like a blog post people complain because it's like a blog post not an official thing. If the background to it was blue people would even bloody complain about that!

I promise you that you could give players EXACTLY what they want and you'll still all whine and complain.

Everybody is the CEO of an international gaming company these days.

[/rant]

A lot of arguments, but none apply to what we're seeing here. Fact is, this "development diary" is very, very brief, and hardly gives us any information. People have reasonable arguments to complain about that. It does not automatically imply that the people who complain would not be able to be pleased about anything Jagex does. That's a fallacy.

All there is to it, is that a developer says that he hasn't done [bleep] all yet, but does has some wild ideas about the quest he will be developing... and it probably won't be out in months. I mean.. seriously.. give us something to read when there is actually something to talk about. Not just wild rambling out what it COULD be.

A user with a bit of fantasy and interest in the storyline could have written this. And would probably be able to do it better.

Although we've lost BTS, at least we now have much more interaction with the Jagex staff; with Mod MMG, these "diaries", posts on the RSOF, Twitter, and Q&A. It's as if BTS has been extended upon a larger timescale, became interactive, was broken up, and became more vauge.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

Summary:

We decided to make another dwarf quest. And it's going to have puzzles. Oh yea.

What is this? Why not make an interesting DD on an update that is going to be released in the near future? Not one update since WGS I ejoyed. Except for the small improvements, those are nice but, well, small.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I really got excited when they said that they were continuing an older storyline...I got my hopes up for Elves.

This was definitely not up to their previous Diary's standards, but whatever doesn't bother me much. If the Dwarf quest was a line I cared about I would be pissed I only got a snippet, but since its not, I really don't mind all that much.

Wow! This is looking like its kinda coo-

Oh...it's over... -.-

Yeah, that really sucked as a development diary and I am not impressed with Jagex at all. Was short and hardly gave out any information other than, "We are working on the very beginning brainstorming stages for a quest that you guys won't see for months and will forget about until the next diary about it."

They are talking about this quest waaaaay too early. Now it's either they keep talking to us about it for months to come, making the quest seem much cooler than it probably will be. Or they won't talk about it until just before it's release, making this Development Diary pointless.

Just my two cents.

Big_Stingman.png

2 things:

1) I think they need a Construction update for the Chapel in your POH to make a MMG symbol that way you guys can worship him properly in game.

2) Is no one else out there deeply bothered by the fact that they made 2 quests so far in this series without even the vaguest clue as to where they were taking it. I mean I know they write stuff as they go, but to have no objective at all for a quest series?

:wall:

Tip.it needs a shoot myself in the face smilie.

2 things:

1) I think they need a Construction update for the Chapel in your POH to make a MMG symbol that way you guys can worship him properly in game.

2) Is no one else out there deeply bothered by the fact that they made 2 quests so far in this series without even the vaguest clue as to where they were taking it. I mean I know they write stuff as they go, but to have no objective at all for a quest series?

:wall:

Tip.it needs a shoot myself in the face smilie.

1) No.

2) For all we know, the guy who was working on the dwarf quests resigned from Jagex for some reason.

He took the plot with him, leaving them with nothing but the current quests for the storyline.

I remember reading that was the case for the elven quests.

I want them to update how dwarves look. If they can do this anytime this year, I will be pleased.

If they can update the gnomes aswell, I will be really happy.

Some info is better then nothing at all, isnt it?