Omni-Protection Prayer?

HexiledRazz

Basically, what do you think would happen if JaGex added a Omni-Protection prayer to the game?

I'd have to have some hefty requirements though. I'm thinking about 95 prayer(to get past the half way point, and keep it away from pures) Alot of people posting are talking about needing 99. And now that i think about it, this seems more fair.

And have a really fast drain rate. I'm guessing about 2PP/sec with a basic +10 prayer bonus making it for short-term protection.

And have to do a decently hard quest to earn it.

I'm sure there would a lot of uses for it. One i can think of are CW tanks. If they get frozen, Flip on Omni-Protection, and run for it.

But, for things like rev hunting, unless you have the best prayer bonus in the game, it'll drain too fast to use for basic things like that.

But, I'm sure JaGex will never get the mind to do this, which is a good thing. It'll throw off basically everything. Like GWD and stuff. I just thought it'd be a fun thing to discuss.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

It wont happen. Omni prayer would make some monsters such as jad and Kbd that use multiple attacks very easy to kill. ALl people would do is put omni protect on and gs spec them or something, no effort for the kill.

2eed07l.png

Tip.It's Official Undercover Agent

It wont happen. Omni prayer would make some monsters such as jad and Kbd that use multiple attacks very easy to kill. ALl people would do is put omni protect on and gs spec them or something, no effort for the kill.

If it drains at the rate he's suggesting, you'd probably spend as much time drinking prayer potions as you would spend attacking the monster. Not a very good idea when you can just prayer switch and save your potions (although I could see people using it on Jad if they get there with a bunch of left-over potions; maybe they could just disable it in the fight caves).

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Yeah, that's why i said it would never happen. But i think it'd be fun to think of some interesting uses.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

If it were 99, it would be fair if it drained at the same rate as piety + smite together

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

This would certainly add an interesting twist to the game. It would make GW runs a bit easier when in a pickle.

And I just now realized that the KQ > Graardor due to its "2/3 Omni Protection Prayer." :P

PassionSignatureTipit.png

I dont think the game would ever implement this, even at 99 prayer.

They might put 2-protection prayer spells tho. Like Protect from Melee and Range, Protect from Mage and Range, etc.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Interesting idea. Though, I think it would be a bit OP even if it drained fast. It should be something you use in a dire situation or strategically - not to be an omgwtftank. The prayer drain shouldn't be 2 points a second though. I think simply 3x a regular protection prayer would work fine.

However, 1) It should be the only prayer you can have active 2) You shouldn't be able to recover prayer by any means while using it 3) Upon disabling it, you shouldn't be able to use any prayers agian for 5 seconds. Not that long of a delay, but pleanty long enough for Jad or Kree to own you :P

If an Omni-protect prayer was to exist, it shouldn't be able to 100% protect from monsters. Jad, waterfiends, td's, and other monsters would be incredibly easy to kill. Even though extra prayer is required, people would simply replace their half-inv of brews/restores/food with more prayer pots. If the omni-protect existed, it would probably have to reduce damage from both players and monsters rather than protect damage 100% from monsters.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

AWESOME idea! This should definitely be put in the game, although I think a level 99 requirement would be better. Make them work to the very maximum.

That's something of what I was thinking.

Since a chief concern seems to be that it'd be overpowering, and another similar concern is that Prayer is too defensive/saradomin based...Perhaps a different set of god-aligned prayers could be instituted, like this omni prayer, but instead it comes with a bit of a stat reduction to offset the time saved by protecting you.

...does that make sense at all? XD

hzvjpwS.gif

If an Omni-protect prayer was to exist, it shouldn't be able to 100% protect from monsters. Jad, waterfiends, td's, and other monsters would be incredibly easy to kill. Even though extra prayer is required, people would simply replace their half-inv of brews/restores/food with more prayer pots. If the omni-protect existed, it would probably have to reduce damage from both players and monsters rather than protect damage 100% from monsters.

That would make it rather pointless as most boss monsters that it would be useful on you would get raped by if they got a hit through with their most powerful attack. E.G. if Kree's range attack hits through it a 60+ or Graardor's melee or a 90+ hit from Jad.

Tbh if it was impilmented I think that no other boosting prayer can be used so that you have the choice for being offensive or defencive. \' also that when you reach the required level to activate the prayer it should just let you activate more than one protection protection prayer at a time than having to have a special new prayer which forces you to have all 3 styles.

I think that an Omni-Protection Prayer is too overpowered, definitely for monster hunting: however, I like the idea of being able at, say, level 90 Prayer, to activate two protection prayers at the same time. Sort of like Summoning + any other protection prayer, but now like the KQ has, for example Protect Melee + Protect Ranged. This would also help sort out the PJ problem in PVP; Prot Melee + Prot Ranged protects from both D Claws/AGS and Dark Bows.

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

Pray flashing omni pray for jad would be fairly easy, on the otherhand anyone with 99 prayer could probably do it easily anyway.

hmm prayer flashing would make it impossible to add into the game. You can use nearly no prayer points while flashing.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I'm not too keen on overpowered additions to the game. Nice to see you're thinking about new prayers for the skill. Maybe I would have a reason to train mine after 3 years. :lol:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I like the idea of activating more than one protection prayer at a time when you reach a certain level requirement. That way you can activate two at a certain level and then maybe three at a later level. I think thats a brilliant suggestion and upgrade that the prayer skill needs.

Obviously it needs to drain fast and faster when activating three especially but it doesnt have to be massively fast either.

That way its kinda win win. Jagex dont need to think of anymore overpowering new prayers but extend on the existing prayers. Allowing prayers to activate more than one protection prayer would be a brilliant skill to earn or process.

I donno or care how it effects pking but if its bad then just disallow it possibly. Again it makes more sense to disallow that ability than to disallow a prayer itself.

As for Jad. Just make it so you receive a message saying the gods (Saradomin? I donno.. Guthix possibly if Jagex wanted to express balance.) want you to fight Jad fairly so you can only activate one prayer like normal. Same way you cant bring in familiars. Otherwise just allow it.

this might be able to work if it worked differently then other prayers

for instance, clicking the prayer drains say 10 prayer points and gives you 3 seconds of omni protection before you have to click again.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Such a thing exists, or at least existed.

Back in RSC you had only two protection prayers, protect from missiles and protect from monsters. The later stopped you being hit by all monsters other than the KBD I believe.

It wouldn't be possible to have in the game at the moment, would break far too many monsters and make the game far too easy. Back in RSC all monsters other than dragons only attacked with melee (Can't think of any that used mage although I'm sure there are some).

I can see th omni prayer (as it is we only go up to 70) maybe as a high level fast drain prayer. But as was mentioned, may be too much of an advantage at certain npc's. Imagine omni in gwd?

I've always liked the idea of some sort of "invisibility" prayers.

3 types maybe?

1. Invisible to NPC's (nice to get to areas w/o being attacked)

These two could have been real interesting in pvp situations

2. Invisible to Players (minimap - no dot)

3. Invisible to players world - probably way too much of an advantage though for this one

I am sure there are many logistical problems with these though.

chris_924.png

i was thinking about a prayer hat would let you use 2 protection prayers at once, this could be pretty cool down the line, level wise. tho i do think that jad should be able to hit thu atleast one style when u use multi prays...

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

i was thinking about a prayer hat would let you use 2 protection prayers at once, this could be pretty cool down the line, level wise. tho i do think that jad should be able to hit thu atleast one style when u use multi prays...

This I like. The idea of wearing something for the ability also makes sense, because that way you're sacrificing some defense or whatever to use protect. And I like the idea of another god, I'm annoyed of endless Saradomin this or that. (I'm a Guthix person \' )

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~