April 8th 2009 - Easter 2009

Da_Latios

I was expecting a little carrot you could poke people with.

The color of the carrot is way off, should have been more orangey.

It was an ok event, I just wish the carrot was a better shade of orange.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda disappointed, the rubber chicken whack is no longer special :( .

Okay, the carrot isn't great and the event is unoriginal but at least we got an ownage new emote.

[hide=HAPPY EASTER]rseaster.png[/hide]

redarrows-1.png

Wow this sucks

Rubber chicken was something special but now this is a bigger version which will seem better

Although obviously not

Wow, you know Jagex has hit rock bottom when they are nerfing old holiday items by bringing out new versions of the same old crap.

I really wish you people would make up your freaking minds! For the past week I've been reading post after post of "holiday drops suck" and "we need a new holiday weapon" and "I wish they would bring back the rubber chicken" and "holiday events are pointless". You're beginning to sound like a bunch of spoiled children arguing over who gets to sit next to the window for the drive to grandma's.

First, if you don't like the holiday events...DON'T DO THEM! Go and train or hunt or whatever jaded online gamers do while the other 90% of the community is doing the event, and stop clogging up the forums with your whining.

Second, Jagex gave a lot of you exactly what you were asking for, a new holiday weapon like the rubber chicken, and what do you do? You complain that it's not as good, or fun looking, or original. Do you also complain when someone gives you a present and it's the wrong shade of blue? Of course it's not as original! Any event weapon they brought out would be compared to the rubber chicken because it was first and the novelty of a weapon you can hit other players with has worn off.

Personally, I like the holiday events. I find them to be a fun diversion from the tedium of training. Are they challenging? No, of course not; they have to make them accessible to all players. Are the items useful? No, of course not; they're meant to be fun. When they make an actually useful item, anyone who didn't get a chance to get it will spend the rest of forever complaining about it (Easter Ring from '06 anyone?).

Jagex does not owe any of you anything! Stop sounding like you're entitled to some incredible *free* holiday drop.

Grumble...grumble...young whipersnappers...kids today...don't appreciate anything...not like it used to be...need lemonade...

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Hey man don't quote me like I'm the one who complains about wanting more Holiday events and so forth. I personally thought they hit a really nice stride with ther f2p quests for 2 weeks or so. I thought that was a great idea.

Also, I'm a member so it isn't free.

And I'm 24. Hardly a kid.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Hey man don't quote me like I'm the one who complains about wanting more Holiday events and so forth. I personally thought they hit a really nice stride with ther f2p quests for 2 weeks or so. I thought that was a great idea.

I was merely using your post as an example. I apologize for implying that you were the only one complaining.

That doesn't change the fact that the holiday events are for everyone, F2P and P2P alike. Also, I didn't mean "free" like you didn't have to pay real money for it, but rather an item that required no in-game currency or even any real effort to obtain.

I didn't say you were a kid, merely that all of the complaining going on was making everyone sound like a bunch of children.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I was merely using your post as an example. I apologize for implying that you were the only one complaining.

That doesn't change the fact that the holiday events are for everyone, F2P and P2P alike. Also, I didn't mean "free" like you didn't have to pay real money for it, but rather an item that required no in-game currency or even any real effort to obtain.

I didn't say you were a kid, merely that all of the complaining going on was making everyone sound like a bunch of children.

Not the only one complaining. I didn't complain about wanting more Holidays. I only wanted a Passover event cause I wanted a yarmulke/beanie to wear on my head. :thumbsup:

I thought the quest idea was brilliant. This event though... seriously? #-o

I really wish you people would make up your freaking minds! For the past week I've been reading post after post of "holiday drops suck" and "we need a new holiday weapon" and "I wish they would bring back the rubber chicken" and "holiday events are pointless". You're beginning to sound like a bunch of spoiled children arguing over who gets to sit next to the window for the drive to grandma's.

First, if you don't like the holiday events...DON'T DO THEM! Go and train or hunt or whatever jaded online gamers do while the other 90% of the community is doing the event, and stop clogging up the forums with your whining.

Second, Jagex gave a lot of you exactly what you were asking for, a new holiday weapon like the rubber chicken, and what do you do? You complain that it's not as good, or fun looking, or original. Do you also complain when someone gives you a present and it's the wrong shade of blue? Of course it's not as original! Any event weapon they brought out would be compared to the rubber chicken because it was first and the novelty of a weapon you can hit other players with has worn off.

Personally, I like the holiday events. I find them to be a fun diversion from the tedium of training. Are they challenging? No, of course not; they have to make them accessible to all players. Are the items useful? No, of course not; they're meant to be fun. When they make an actually useful item, anyone who didn't get a chance to get it will spend the rest of forever complaining about it (Easter Ring from '06 anyone?).

Jagex does not owe any of you anything! Stop sounding like you're entitled to some incredible *free* holiday drop.

Grumble...grumble...young whipersnappers...kids today...don't appreciate anything...not like it used to be...need lemonade...

This. +1

If you don't like the event, don't do it. #-o

Leave the event for those of us, who think its a nice short break from the dulldrums of killing/skilling/questing.

I had not expectations for this easter event, so the carrot (although it looks like a deformed club) was alright, and the emote is pretty nifty =]

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Hell, I think it's better than last year's cape.

I have yet to do the event, but by the looks of it the carrot is better then the cape. Ah well... I'll do it when i get home.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I think I speak for everyone who missed the rubber chicken event when I say the carrot is a welcome addition to the holiday items. I do agree that it could be more orange though. If I see any of you I'm going to whack you with my carrot.

Zaataar.png

people complaining about how useless the new reward is annoy me so much, if you dont like how it looks fair enough but complaining about its uselessness is just stupid.

For one, when have we ever had any really useful hoilday items and two a few hoilday events ago they made an item which was designed to be useful and everyone just complained it wasnt useful enough. Granted the thing which held extra food was pretty lame but if the reward was any better it would be like giving new players something overpowered.

Seriously what to people want?

"Congratulations on completing the Easter hoilday event, you have been rewarded with the Easter Godsword" :roll:

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

I love the two sides of this. I love how no one is saying how much they liked the event.

The two sides are:

1) People who thing the event totally sucked

2) People who think you can't complain about anything on this game no matter what cause it's "only pixels."

The new Patch Notes:

Mod Luke

Jagex Mod

08-Apr-2009 11:55:44

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

Slightly adjusted some areas in the Grand Tree to correctly remove roofs when appropriate.

Fixed some colouring issues in the Grim Tales quest journal.

Fixed female hairstyles when wearing ear muffs.

Solved a graphical issue in the Warriors Guild where you could occasionally see some of the floor above.

A specific chathead playing an animation while wearing a blue beret had rendering issues.

Resolved an issue where boots would render over legs when running.

Ensured all canoe animations from cutting down the tree to pushing the canoe into the water and more have been checked to remove graphical issues.

Changed the area around the Edgeville Dungeon ladder to prevent some graphical issues.

Some floating bricks near Yanille have been ordered to obey gravity, and left RuneScape to sulk about it.

Fixed an issue where players would glide toward box traps that have been placed on the ground.

When travelling from Rellekka to Miscellania or vice versa, the travel map should now properly fit your game window.

Wearing a fez should always be a fashionable choice, and now your chatheads have decided to agree.

The bandits near Pollnivneach no longer slide around and have been given the correct animations.

Stopped flames in the Wizards Tower rendering through the floor above.

The archer helm no longer renders through your eyes in low detail.

Fixed an issue where NPCs would have render order issues when sitting on benches.

Quests

Tidied up some code dealing with the Murder Mystery quest items.

Stopped parrots being stored in seemingly random cages other than the one in Taverley Dungeon while on the Eadgar's Ruse quest.

Fixed an issue with the Great Brain Robbery quest journal not always showing.

Code still around from the Christmas event wasn't needed for the Myths of the White Lands quest and has been removed.

Post-quest information for Perils of Ice Mountain listed the NPCs the wrong way around.

The reward lamp from Recipe for Disaster will no longer be dropped on the floor if your inventory is full.

Tidied up the code dealing with the Spirit of Summer quest when going through the portal.

Minigames

After each performance in Balthazar Beauregards Big Top Bonanza, you will now be informed as to your experience gain for that section.

Fixed a typo in the Shooting Star chat.

The Air Guitar emote now counts toward your Circus performance.

Some of the empty Stealing Creation resource locations had the same examine as full versions.

Fixed an issue with Clan Wars where the caller would occasionally not display players names correctly.

Miscellaneous

Dagon'hai robes and elite black armour can now be added to the costume room in your house.

Horatio can now look after your Farming patch, and after the completion of Back to my Roots there is a right-click option to pay as well.

Several interfaces have been converted to a newer format.

Improved the code for salamanders in combat; no behavioural changes that youll be able to notice.

Added empty buckets to Farming shops.

Balloon journeys now have a quick-fly option, providing you meet any requirements necessary.

Gnormadium Avlafrim now has a quick right-click glide option, bringing him in line with the rest of the glider pilots.

Changed some logic dealing with the vyrewatch's behaviour when several players are in the area.

The logic to calculate Kudos has been updated so players will no longer be able to get 5 more than the maximum suggested amount.

Improved code to deal with removing certain items from your worn slots.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

im not sure if i just lost interest in the game period which i have or this event just seems tedious and annoying. to my knowledge it is a holiday event meant for fun. by the looks of it, jagex did this overnight yesterday when they remembered they had to make such an update like this. It looks like something from last year and just no creativity. although the reward looks kinda cool, it just seems like a waste of time for me.

i just might skip this event...