Mother gives birth to a baby with Anencephaly.

whiteguy

http://babyfaithhope.blogspot.com/

The story is the bit in pink underneath the photos.

Basically the child has no brain and only a residual brainstem, the child will never gain any kind of consciousness, it is basically just a vegetable, it has some reflexive twitching but there is no kind thought process, it is just an empty body. The child was predicted to die soon after birth, she is keeping it live for religious reasons.

More info on the disorder here:

****Warning, potentially graphic and disturbing images.****

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anencephaly

In my opinion, the mother needs help, she even says that "She seems to function at the same level as any "normal" baby. In fact, she may be a little more advanced for her age." It's like if she has convinced herself she is a normal baby. IMO the baby is practically an empty shell, why waste money and resources on her, she will never live an actual life.

What do you guys think of this? Did she make a reasonable decision? Is it possible to make any kind of reasonable decision in this situation?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the mother may be a bit of a wreck(cant watch vids dial up) but

at least the baby isnt really being harmed regardless, kind of sickening to say that but thats "right" disorder to have in this situation.

Hard to say what is a reasonable decision.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

It's a stupid decision in my opinion. Her religion disagree's with that, but these extraordinary circumstances. A child like this has no hope of actually living a life and like you said will only be a vegetable. Though I have to ask, how can a person survive without a brain? I thought that the brain controlled all functions, and if you don't have a brain, how do you breath and how does your heart pump blood?

Maybe I'm a sick jerk, but the first thing I thought was whether or not the child's skull sounded hollow.

:lol: #-o

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

It's a stupid decision in my opinion. Her religion disagree's with that, but these extraordinary circumstances. A child like this has no hope of actually living a life and like you said will only be a vegetable. Though I have to ask, how can a person survive without a brain? I thought that the brain controlled all functions, and if you don't have a brain, how do you breath and how does your heart pump blood?

Maybe I'm a sick jerk, but the first thing I thought was whether or not the child's skull sounded hollow.

I think the brain stem deals with most/all of the keep you alive functions

eh not really a stupid decision, at least the baby isnt in pain.

Kill it.

what an insightful post :roll:

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Though I myself am not religious, it's nice to see that her beliefs keep her going. One of the pictures on Wikipedia is labeled wrong.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Oh come on. This is worse than abortion since the fetus has a chance at something, but this baby is not gonna be able to become anything at all.

But after reading her blog....

So to all of you who sent me hate mail and to all of you who are posting cruel things about my daughter on the internet, I hope your demons are on their way out... You can't expect to say such things about one of God's precious little children and then go unpunished, so I would repent if I were you... or you're in for it. You people posting vile things on the internet about my daughter, you are IN for it. There is a place for people with such hatred and perversion in their hearts, and believe me, it's not a place where you want to go. But that is where you are heading. In a nutshell, Jesus is your only hope. Or you're in for a good long (and well-deserved) burning. That being said, God Bless you all! Even you incredibly evil, demonized people :) P.S. See an exorcist ASAP

We got two people without a brain now.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Oh come on. This is worse than abortion since the fetus has a chance at something, but this baby is not gonna be able to become anything at all.

So to all of you who sent me hate mail and to all of you who are posting cruel things about my daughter on the internet, I hope your demons are on their way out... You can't expect to say such things about one of God's precious little children and then go unpunished, so I would repent if I were you... or you're in for it. You people posting vile things on the internet about my daughter, you are IN for it. There is a place for people with such hatred and perversion in their hearts, and believe me, it's not a place where you want to go. But that is where you are heading. In a nutshell, Jesus is your only hope. Or you're in for a good long (and well-deserved) burning. That being said, God Bless you all! Even you incredibly evil, demonized people :) P.S. See an exorcist ASAP

:lol:

Religion, classic.

I can understand that abortion is against her religion, and it is against mine as well. As far as my religion goes, that baby is a gift from God and that it is still living. Though, I would have trouble to decide whether to keep the baby or not, I would be in a hell hole during those few months of deciding. I would be so tempted to just put down that baby. I don't understand how it's still living without a brain, because without a brain, she can't function at all. She wouldn't be able to breathe, talk, move, or anything. I am confused.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

I support her decision to keep it. I don't believe you can label a child "worthy or unworthy" to live.

why?

The baby is basically empty. The mother is essentially playing with a dead body.

...Maybe I could buy if off of her and become a ventriloquist...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I can understand that abortion is against her religion, and it is against mine as well. As far as my religion goes, that baby is a gift from God and that it is still living. Though, I would have trouble to decide whether to keep the baby or not, I would be in a hell hole during those few months of deciding. I would be so tempted to just put down that baby. I don't understand how it's still living without a brain, because without a brain, she can't function at all. She wouldn't be able to breathe, talk, move, or anything. I am confused.

Your brain stem controls the vital parts of your body. The baby was born with a brain stem.

It can't think, which means it can't talk, move, or anything.

Religion, classic.

I have a feeling that a lot of the people who've written to her are much, much worse.

I have no idea what is up with this. I mean. The baby's like a flower or something.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Keeping it alive is pointless. The mother has to realize that what she has isn't a baby, it's a brainless network of organs. The longer she keeps it alive, the harder it will be for her when she runs out of funds or it dies.

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Heart and brain function are regulated by the brainstem.

Anencephaly and other developmental defects like this are really horriffic, and I don't wish them upon anyone. Given that there is no real life to speak of in sufferers of the disease, I think termination is the best way to go. Most babies born with it will die soon after birth anyway.

If anyone has a friend or family member going through pregnancy, tell them to get plenty of folate to prevent diseases like this.

[hide=]

Religion, classic.

I have a feeling that a lot of the people who've written to her are much, much worse.

I have no idea what is up with this. I mean. The baby's like a flower or something.

[/hide]

I'd have to agree with her though, it really is inexcusable to send hate mail or post rude things over the interwebz about a disability as horrible as that one. In short, go lady :thumbup:

Something like this, though... Death is probably merciful, as cold as that may be.