Mother gives birth to a baby with Anencephaly.

whiteguy

Sorry to change the topic slightly but the mother said in the first link :

How many babies smile before they are born, start cooeing at one day old, and can sit up by 5 days old? I'm just saying!

If that's true (that the baby can do all of those things) that's... bizarre. Babies can't smile before 6 weeks and can't hold their own heads up for a long time. Is what she said not true or could it be related to the anencephaly?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to change the topic slightly but the mother said in the first link :

How many babies smile before they are born, start cooeing at one day old, and can sit up by 5 days old? I'm just saying!

If that's true (that the baby can do all of those things) that's... bizarre. Babies can't smile before 6 weeks and can't hold their own heads up for a long time. Is what she said not true or could it be related to the anencephaly?

Sounds to me like she is just overimagining things :P

This is the most pointless thing in existance, it has little or no brain. IMO the mother is deranged and doesn't take advice or knowledge from a doctor/nurse and what's worse is that she's one of those people that think EVERYTHING is down to "God". "This obstetrician is so unsupportive, i'll go to a Christian one instead", the only difference is that THAT doctor is going to be deranged aswell and they'll both pray together for the fetus' life instead of doing something that will actually help" which isn't very much to be honest, "Oh God might perform a miracle and make my terminally ill fetus normal!".

She should've just had an abortion (a difficult but logical option in this case) and tried again for another baby instead of relying on God to sort things out. This baby will have NO LIFE! Heck, it won't even realise it doesn't have a life. However anencephaly shouldn't be compared with downs syndrome, it's completely different, people with down syndromes DO lead lives and are aware that they are different from the average person.

What's even worse is that she called the fetus Faith Hope. :wall:

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

No brain? This Organic Poop-Machine has immunity to zombies! :twss:

Srsly nao.

If I could not feel, think, hear, see, talk, smell, or move, I wouldn't want to live. Well, not like I could want, either. But if you were about to be stripped of all sentient functionality, I'm sure you would want to die, too.

The baby doesn't know it's alive and never will. It has absolutely NO potential. You can't say I'm an idiot who want's all [developmentally delayed]s dead. My brother is autistic, but I would never want to see him dead. He has perfect functionality, except he gets fussy, and likes little kid stuff. I know damn well that Anencephaly and Autism are NO WHERE ALIKE. My brother might even disagree with it's living.

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

I've never heard of anything like this before...

My opinion is that the mother made the right choice. After all, she's her baby and I'm sure that no one would allow to kill one's own baby. Even if the baby is in a condition like this. And I think that the mother cannot really understand everything, I'm sure that she is really shocked.

If it doesn't have functions for higher levels of thought, then it obviously doesn't know it exists. What's the harm then?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

A couple of people made points that it has no thought process and is practically a plant. While I agree that it will never be human as we know it, she gave birth to what is still her child, and just because it isn't capable of what the rest of us are, I don't think it deserves death.

OP said that these babies usually die shortly after being born anyway, correct? Why not just let it live then?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

A couple of people made points that it has no thought process and is practically a plant. While I agree that it will never be human as we know it, she gave birth to what is still her child, and just because it isn't capable of what the rest of us are, I don't think it deserves death.

OP said that these babies usually die shortly after being born anyway, correct? Why not just let it live then?

Exactly.

Why is everyone so concerned over whether or not the mother keeps her child? I'm amazed she can still keep her religion, if it were me I might have been sick for days and cursed the heavens for giving me such a sick child. I don't see whats wrong with her keeping it. The baby can't feel pain so it's not suffering by being alive (it's not even conscious) and it will probably not live very long anyways. If she wants to use her money to sustain the child for however long she can, that's her business. Where is this world going to? First giving mother's the choice to kill their baby before birth, and now basically deeming her stupid for not choosing to kill the child? Who are any of you to determine what life is worth living? This mother is probably going through agony just to see her child in that state. All she has left is her God. She doesn't need everyone on the internet telling her she's an idiot to keep her baby alive when she has already made the choice to do so.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I'm not sure how keeping this "baby" alive affects any of you in the slightest, but whatever.

So does it need to eat and stuff? If no, it just...Sits there?

For people who seem so intent on preserving freedom, some people here surprise me. Honestly, even if it isn't a child, it still "belongs" to her, thus allowing her to do whatever she wants with it, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. And keeping it alive doesn't. At least, I don't think it does.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

The woman is deranged, she continually "bonds" with the baby and relying on God to perform a miracle, the baby will stop performing the baby-like automatic reflexes, then what? She'll become a vegetable with absolutely no chance of recovery. I'm thinking of the mother here, she's going to be even more distraught. To me this whole thing is sickening...

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

I don't think it's a human. It doesn't have the capability or the potential to gain the capability to do any of the things that make human beings distinct from other creatures. It can't and no matter what it never will be able to use its hands, understand a language, do abstract reasoning or introspecting. How do define "human being" if you're able to make the claim that this creature is a human? It's like a braindead person who never was "brain alive".

Another person with the whole "human beings are special!" complex. It doesn't matter what you think. There's only one requirement to being human (Belong to the genus homo and species, sapien), and absolutely none of the stuff you typed out makes something more or less human than someone else. A person born without hands to use is still a human. A person born suffering from autism or Down's Syndrome is still human. A person born with a partial brain is still human.

If it doesn't have functions for higher levels of thought, then it obviously doesn't know it exists. What's the harm then?

But we know it exists, which is the whole point.

I'm not sure how keeping this "baby" alive affects any of you in the slightest, but whatever.

Quite. I don't understand how it can sicken someone any more than a person with a bond to their car or trees.

Another person with the whole "human beings are special!"

Well, we are, although I agree with what all you said.

Of course, maybe we aren't so special. Maybe ants are just all, "Look at all those stupid people." And we just can't tell.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Kill it.

That went way too far..

Good thing the mom is giving the baby as much life as she can. I hope it can live a good life, even though she won't have a lot of advantages of the real world.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Kill it.

That went way too far..

Good thing the mom is giving the baby as much life as she can. I hope it can live a good life, even though she won't have a lot of advantages of the real world.

It will have NO advantages, it is completely senseless, it will never see, it will never think, it will never move by choice.

It CANNOT live a good life, since it cannot tell what happiness is, or sadness, or anger.

It might as well be a potato.

2Xeo5.png

Kill it.

That went way too far..

It will have NO advantages, it is completely senseless, it will never see, it will never think, it will never move by choice.

It CANNOT live a good life, since it cannot tell what happiness is, or sadness, or anger.

It might as well be a potato.

Don't millions of people each year rely on potatoes for food? Poor analogy.

She might as well be dead.

I mean a potato as in, it wont think, or be concious, but its still alive.

2Xeo5.png

I don't think it's a human. It doesn't have the capability or the potential to gain the capability to do any of the things that make human beings distinct from other creatures. It can't and no matter what it never will be able to use its hands, understand a language, do abstract reasoning or introspecting. How do define "human being" if you're able to make the claim that this creature is a human? It's like a braindead person who never was "brain alive".

Another person with the whole "human beings are special!" complex. It doesn't matter what you think. There's only one requirement to being human (Belong to the genus homo and species, sapien), and absolutely none of the stuff you typed out makes something more or less human than someone else. A person born without hands to use is still a human. A person born suffering from autism or Down's Syndrome is still human. A person born with a partial brain is still human.

In Latin Homo Sapien means "Wise Human" or "Knowing Human". Since this child quite literally has no brain, it cannot be classified as human being. A human body yes, but not a human being.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

In Latin Homo Sapien means "Wise Human" or "Knowing Human". Since this child quite literally has no brain, it cannot be classified as human being. A human body yes, but not a human being.

Might as well expand that to people that are autistic aren't human either. And people with mental disorders. Hell, why not make it 100+ I.Q. to be human? [/sarcasm]

That would cut Earth's human population in half really quickly ;)

Might as well expand that to people that are autistic aren't human either. And people with mental disorders. Hell, why not make it 100+ I.Q. to be human? [/sarcasm]

Autistic and mentally ill people can still know things. therefore they are "knowing humans".

2Xeo5.png

Autistic and mentally ill people can still know things. therefore they are "knowing humans".

and they're aware of their own existence.

Which is why he added sarcasm tags.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Which is why he added sarcasm tags.

Oh. I must have missed that :wall:
2Xeo5.png

So my question is:

Whatever happened to pro-choice? If she wants to keep the child and care for it until it dies of natural causes, that's totally her choice. The baby can breathe on it's own, it can feed itself, it can do anything instinctual. Eventually that baby is going to die. But for Pete's sake, let her have that time.

Should we start euthanizing [developmentally delayed] kids while we are at it? What is the basis for euthanasia here? The child is not in pain nor is it having to rely on a machine to keep it going. The only basis for the claims in this thread is that it will not grow up to live a productive life. Will someone with severe Downes ever grow up to have a job and work, or be anything else than a total burden on their caretaker? Heavily [developmentally delayed] kids are not going to go to work or raise a family, but we would not think of "mercy killing" them, would we?

Whatever happened to pro-choice?

It's stupid.

Should we start euthanizing [developmentally delayed] kids while we are at it?

Yes.

[English translation needed]