23rd April 2009 - Rest and Musicians

Kenneh

kinda OT, but Mod Chihiro has the same name of one the character from one of my favorite movies of all time. cookies to whoever can guess. no google :P

Spirited away.

Cookie PL0X?

OT: I think that this seems like a good idea, especially for f2p, as most of the energy restores are p2p only. However, if some of these are in places like canifis, they might be useful for p2ps too. (Canifis because recharging run after a barrows run might be useful--run through the swamp is easier with full run, getting there is faster, etc... I'm sure that other places would be useful as well.)

[hide=quotes]

You are like a three legged cat. Everyone hates you and thinks you are ugly until, one day, they realize that you're cuter than all of the other cats. And you're fluffy too. I'm so glad I petted you.

I've always wondered: If there's offensive language, than there should be Defensive Language. But I've never encountered it. If it does exist, what would it entail? Being painstakingly polite in such a manner that infuriates another?
[/hide]sudokupsycho.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatevs. Don't need to be so drama about it. Agility still blocks off all the good places for shortcuts and a number of entrances to areas. I still think it's silly to block shortcuts to areas that I would have found useful ten levels back but now have no want for them.

8f14270694.jpg

I knew Jagex would release Bards one day, but I was really hoping it would be a skill and WE would get to be the Bards. It's not fair that NPC's get all the fun. -.-

Oh well. Hopefully this doesn't rule out a Bard skill. Maybe these Bard's will be the ones to teach us the skill in the first place? *fingers crossed*

picture2lcn.png

That answer your question/fear?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this :thumbup:

You've made me a very happy man today. <3

Woooooooot! Still a possibility for us to one day be Bards! I hope Jagex knows how bad I want to be a Bard.

I think free players should have the right to access some of that though (OUTSIDE of Brimhaven, silly), since strange fruits are F2P items, and removing the random event removed their access to them without having to buy them.
Um... strange fruits have never been f2p. The strange plant random was (as far as I know) always p2p.

And I am certainly looking forward to this coming out! The Explorer's Ring doesn't always cut it, especially during hardcore skilling. Runecrafting, I'm looking at you.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

The diary was great!

The subject though... meh. It may have been revolutionary before Summoning, or if restore potions weren't so cheap. Also, it might actually be faster to simply walk and recharge energy than stop and wait.

Although it will probably be a great boon to F2P.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

A few weeks ago, we accidentally released a version of the top level interface that had a test option on the run button called Rest. Oops! That was my mistake.

What? When you click it the message appears in your chatbox saying "coming soon". Someone had to have taken the time to write that in and connect it to the clicking of the rest option. I think it was an intentional leak and not a fail.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

A few weeks ago, we accidentally released a version of the top level interface that had a test option on the run button called Rest. Oops! That was my mistake.

What? When you click it the message appears in your chatbox saying "coming soon". Someone had to have taken the time to write that in and connect it to the clicking of the rest option. I think it was an intentional leak and not a fail.

It might of been intentional, but I can also see why it would would not of been.

From a scripting point of view, to test a script you would need an input, and an output to see if that script worked. The Input would be clicking the rest option, and the output would be temporarily that text displayed until the additional code was added. Think of it more as a placeholder until the addition code was pasted in at the last second.

But anyways, this update looks kinda interesting. With this though, Agility can certainly use a boost with some other aspects, such as Agility being useful in combat.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Ok, to all those saying this will be useless due to the terrorbird, running pots, ect, there are a few cases where this will be great. A few agility courses and mini games allow no familiars, and having loads of potions or sweets can get expensive and can hog your inventory, taking the place of more usefull items. I have wanted a feature like this for sorcerers garden for ages, just because terrorbirds are not allowed there. This would also allow you to rest in stealing creation, hopefuly while you are in a cloud :pray: . Another case I can see is when you are slaying with a bunyip or unicorn, or using a tortus/pack yak for storage. Then, you cannot use a terrorbird, and resting becomes the next best option. ;)

The one thing I think they could add to this, to make it even better, is if you could rest in your bed at your house. This would give you a use for the fairly useles room that you have to have if you have a butler. They could also add to it as well, when you sleep in your bed your other stats (including hp/summon/prayer) regain as well.

Overall, I am really going to love this update =D>

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

It might of been intentional, but I can also see why it would would not of been.

From a scripting point of view, to test a script you would need an input, and an output to see if that script worked. The Input would be clicking the rest option, and the output would be temporarily that text displayed until the additional code was added. Think of it more as a placeholder until the addition code was pasted in at the last second.

But anyways, this update looks kinda interesting. With this though, Agility can certainly use a boost with some other aspects, such as Agility being useful in combat.

The simplicity of adding an event handler hardly needs testing. Personally, I'd have written:

// TODO: fix it dummy

Yeah, I'm rude to myself. In a more professional setting I'd have written:

// TODO: Implement code to let player rest

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

One word: Sabotage. :anxious:

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

Whatevs. Don't need to be so drama about it. Agility still blocks off all the good places for shortcuts and a number of entrances to areas. I still think it's silly to block shortcuts to areas that I would have found useful ten levels back but now have no want for them.

Lol 'good shortcuts'.

Let's train for weeks to get 85 agility to unlock a shortcut that saves me 20 seconds and that I'll only use like two or three times in my whole Runescape life.

It didn't have the "coming soon" text in the first place, it was added later, supposedly to show that nothing was wrong and it was "ment" to be that way. Without the text people would have asked anyway what is it for.

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

It didn't have the "coming soon" text in the first place, it was added later, supposedly to show that nothing was wrong and it was "ment" to be that way. Without the text people would have asked anyway what is it for.

thought it did :-k

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

OK very interesting update indeed except for one thing. They already took this feature out of the game when RS2 became RS Prime. Anyone here know what I am talking about?

Run energy = Fatigue (though reversed and not tied to every little thing)

Bards/Rest = Sleeping bags... that we don't have to fill an inventory slot with

Stupid.png

OK very interesting update indeed except for one thing. They already took this feature out of the game when RS2 became RS Prime. Anyone here know what I am talking about?

Never played while sleeping bags were around, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

But I thought you had to use sleeping bags, otherwise you weren't able to do anything? These bards are really just terrorbird scrolls that you don't have to have a terrorbird to use and that don't follow you around.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Never played while sleeping bags were around, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

But I thought you had to use sleeping bags, otherwise you weren't able to do anything? These bards are really just terrorbird scrolls that you don't have to have a terrorbird to use and that don't follow you around.

If you had 100% fatigue, you just wouldn't receive experience.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

If you had 100% fatigue, you just wouldn't receive experience.

Ah, thank you.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

The only way that this update will be useful is if it restores your run energy fast enough so that you can restore it and run to your destination FASTER than if you just simply walked there. I don't know. Is this possible with Jagex?

Also, it could be handy for things like quests that require you to run constantly due to time limits and such. (Like desert treasure) but other than this...will this update REALLY be handy? How often will we even use it?

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Ok, to all those saying this will be useless due to the terrorbird, running pots, ect, there are a few cases where this will be great. A few agility courses and mini games allow no familiars, and having loads of potions or sweets can get expensive and can hog your inventory, taking the place of more usefull items. I have wanted a feature like this for sorcerers garden for ages, just because terrorbirds are not allowed there. This would also allow you to rest in stealing creation, hopefuly while you are in a cloud :pray: . Another case I can see is when you are slaying with a bunyip or unicorn, or using a tortus/pack yak for storage. Then, you cannot use a terrorbird, and resting becomes the next best option. ;)

The one thing I think they could add to this, to make it even better, is if you could rest in your bed at your house. This would give you a use for the fairly useles room that you have to have if you have a butler. They could also add to it as well, when you sleep in your bed your other stats (including hp/summon/prayer) regain as well.

In case you didn't notice, you're not going to get to rest anywhere. You have to go to a spot where a bard is playing music, and listen to the music while your energy restores. This means you might not get to restore run in SC (oh, but in case you didn't know using the altars in SC heal your energy as well and hp and prayer) or near agility courses. It's up to jage where they put these musicians.

This update could be a total bust. It depends on how they really implement it. We don't have real details yet like locations or how much energy will be restored so we can't say at the moment.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

In case you didn't notice, you're not going to get to rest anywhere. You have to go to a spot where a bard is playing music, and listen to the music while your energy restores. This means you might not get to restore run in SC (oh, but in case you didn't know using the altars in SC heal your energy as well and hp and prayer) or near agility courses. It's up to jage where they put these musicians.

This update could be a total bust. It depends on how they really implement it. We don't have real details yet like locations or how much energy will be restored so we can't say at the moment.

When I got the original rest concept brief it had two parts:

1. Create a rest function that the player can use anywhere that will restore run energy more quickly than normal.

2. Create benches that would allow players to sit on and restore run energy even more rapidly.

He said that the benches idea wouldn't work and that that part of it was scrapped in favor of bards. Nothing is said about dropping the rest anywhere function.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog