The ring of wealth is a LIE!

Neilson1111

The ring does work, but the effect is barely noticable...

The only thing I have seen it work to a noticable effect on is tormented demons charm drops.

Being a bit of a tormented demon fanatic(1.25k kills to date) , I am always looking to improve my setups, so I end up switching rings a lot, after a while I noticed that I got less blues with a berserker or archer ring.

I am led to believe that charm drops are greatly affected by the ring of wealth.

2Xeo5.png

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also remember that because you get faster kills, you can get more kills in less time. That corrupts the data somewhat.

The cake is a lie.

Beat me to it, at least your the only one who said this.

Thread rename plz .

Also remember that because you get faster kills, you can get more kills in less time. That corrupts the data somewhat.

But then you would have to calculate exactly how much faster you get kills, and determine all those factors. It would create an argument bigger than this one.

Thread Number 411.

:roll:

All I know is I got a visage with a RoW. Lucky meh!

Does anyone here know the approximate drop rate of a visage? :(

LOL.

Thread Number 411.

That would greatly depend on the type of dragon you are killing. Obviously the drop rate of a wyvern would be lower than that of the KBD.

Thread Number 411.

That would greatly depend on the type of dragon you are killing. Obviously the drop rate of a wyvern would be lower than that of the KBD.

What is the drop rate of visage from an iron drag?

LOL.

I think the number is something like 1/1500.

Warrior and Berserker rings are overpriced anyways. Way too much to spend for a minimal bonus.

Exactly how I feel. Although the Warrior comes close, I don't think the Zerker is worth it at all.

I wish I could get access to Jagex's code...I would love how to see how this works. But after thinking about it, I would probably have results I could see rather than results I couldn't. With any game, ring of wealth introduces an aspect of luck. Kind of like oblivion, supposedly the higher your luck, the better items you will get when you rumage chests/kill monsters. From now on, I'm not going to wear the ring of wealth.

w4M8t.png

The cake is a lie.

Sad, but true.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

The cake is a lie.

Sad, but true.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the cake is a terrific food. It's on par in usefulness as Pineapple Pizza, esp. in f2p.

First, there's the straightforward use in Agility, Thieving, and CE killing (not so much that last one though).

And if you couple it with the cornucopia, you get, essentially, lobsters for 60gp, and there's NO penalty in combat. This is esp. important for f2p and low level members, since you can save a ton of cash otherwise spent on lobsters for training food.

The cake is a lie.

Sad, but true.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the cake is a terrific food. It's on par in usefulness as Pineapple Pizza, esp. in f2p.

First, there's the straightforward use in Agility, Thieving, and CE killing (not so much that last one though).

And if you couple it with the cornucopia, you get, essentially, lobsters for 60gp, and there's NO penalty in combat. This is esp. important for f2p and low level members, since you can save a ton of cash otherwise spent on lobsters for training food.

Wait. Did you just seriously reply to that quote? #-o

2dvjurb.png

The cake is a lie.

Sad, but true.

Wait. Did you just seriously reply to that quote? #-o

ThErE ReAlLy WaS a CaKe

-- SHOES FOR Orphans.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

The cake is a lie.

Sad, but true.

I don't think he gets it......

2Xeo5.png

Lol wow I'm an idiot. Ignore me pl0x. :lol:

Should've gotten more sleep last night...

or it was an attempt at antihumor

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

or it was an attempt at antihumor

It was me getting home late, trying to type a research paper, getting distracted and going on Tif, and still having my head confused while replying. ::'

I got my first dragon drop with the Ring of Wealth. A dragon spear, but of course this was back in the day when they were worth like 120k.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Rare does not always equal expensive.

A 30gp drop could be more rare than a grimy ranarr drop, for example. It depends on the monster.

You can't deny that in FFA boss hunting you get better drops with wealth. You just can't. You can argue it but no one has accumulated enough proof to argue either side effectively. It's my opinion that RoW is better with boss hunting though, and you could ask several other PvM'ers who'd say the same.

EDIT: Didn't like how I said that, I was in a rush lolar.

hzvjpwS.gif

I agree with this thread.

To people who talk crap and boast about their own drops with wealth:

Basically what the others said, rare =/= expensive, and even if it does, who's to say what item is more expensive? Sure, alchemy prices, but that does not reflect the market value, or even the GE Value, unless there are GE price floors which prevent it.

Imo, we don't get 'rare' drops enough to prove anything, and drop logs are hard to base the argument upon as there is alot of 'lucky streaks'. And it seems that alot of players don't understand how the ring of wealth works. To put it simply: The ring of wealth doesn't increase the FREQUENCY of rare drops, it just increases the CHANCES of getting a RARER drop than originally. It has nothing to do with the price of the item.

The best example I can think of right now is 50 rune javelins at abyssal demons, whilst wearing a weallth. The 50 rune javelins is worth very very little, even in alchemy value, yet alot rarer than a whip. Oh, and the increase of rarer drops is tiny, so insignificant it would require literally thousands of rare drops to prove anything, and there will be way too many factors to even consider, it's easily possible for someone wearing no wealth to get a 3 whip task and a 0 whip task of 190 demons (normal number right?)

Tbh, just sell your wealth, wear a stat ring or something, the little extra 1's, however small, will eventually add up, unlike the wealth which gives no real visible difference.

Just have to report in and tell everyone, that I, the owner of a Ring of Wealth, got my sixth' visage drop two days ago at Irons =)

Mental game or not; is fine by me ::'

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

I dont know if it has been said before, but I think using a ring of wealth on creatures that drop lots of herbs/herb seeds to be a bad idea. If the ring works on high alch values, herbs and their seeds have some of the lowest values in the game. Even high end herbs like ranarr and snapdragon alch for a lot less than other drops. If the high end herbs/seeds are counted as rare or uncommon drops, they may be replaced by less wanted items when the ROW kicks in. Because of this, I never use a ROW for specters, mighty banshee, or other common herb droppers. Use a macaw instead, as they were introduced to improve herb drops. ::'

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]