The ring of wealth is a LIE!

Neilson1111

I got myself a beserker ring, and disposed of my (ring) of wealth.

I got to say, I am getting alot better drops with my beserker rather a wealth O_O

Heres an example-

Regular Spectre trip- 250k(with wealth)

With beserker ring- 325k

I did the task around 20 times each(Durandel hates me)

So what do you guys think?

Oh right, I got 2 dragon platelegs drop from iron dragons with warrior ring =P 8-)

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how much testing have you done? Remember, it only affects RARE drops. At least 100 drops would be required to establish an accurate conclusion.

Come back when you've got 200 d plate legs. Until then, you have no proof whatsoever.

Oh, and since most of Specters profit comes from non-rare drops that neither ring affects, they have nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Read up on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

actually I think it affects rannars(Well I'm not sure if it's rare or not) Snapdragon seeds( I got 5 in a row, I'm pretty sure it's rare)

Eh I'm thinking the ring of wealth just spin the wheel for a rare drop the 3rd time.

It's like doing a 3 roll slot machine but hitting all 3 blanks, and you get a coupon for a free roll and it happens again.

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

Blah another 'ROW doesn't/does work' thread. This is an ongoing project, but I reckon that it does work, but you're better off with a berserker ring if you can afford one or an explorer's ring if you find its many functions helpful.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I just had a abby demon task and decided to take my wealth, got 3 whips <3: , so I have proven you wrong....do some testing and come back pls

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Blah another 'ROW doesn't/does work' thread. This is an ongoing project, but I reckon that it does work, but you're better off with a berserker ring if you can afford one or an explorer's ring if you find its many functions helpful.

This is a good point. Why would Jagex make a simple dragonstone item trump the zerker or archer? Does the glory trump the fury? Does the combat bracelet trump barrows gloves? I've been wearing the ROW (even though I have all of the other rings), but maybe the zerker or archer would be better in the long run?

punitivedsig.png

It only increases the chance of getting a rare drop.

People think this and assume the ring increased your chances of ANY rare drop compared to normal drops. This is false.

The Knowledge Base explains it better.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

As you can see from the statement above, the ring does NOT INCREASE your chance to get a rare drop in your overall drops, but rather increases the chance your rare drop will be more valuable, if you happen to spin a rare drop in the first place.

dawnsigblue-3.png

People think this and assume the ring increased your chances of ANY rare drop compared to normal drops. This is false.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

As you can see from the statement above, the ring does NOT INCREASE your chance to get a rare drop in your overall drops, but rather increases the chance your rare drop will be more valuable, if you happen to spin a rare drop in the first place.

As much as I hate to disagree with you, your quote contradicts your claim. It doesn't say that it increases "thy" chances of gaining a MORE VALUABLE object on the second wheel, just the chances of getting one at all.

MR. OCTOPUS BEARD DISAGREES!

30259it.jpgNo, THAT's what she said.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read below.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read above.

[hide=OMG DRAGON KITESHIELD IN-GAME!!!!]rickrollad5.png

Never gonna give you up...[/hide]

I cant use a chair, evidence that Lucien's men are sitting on them.

Oh right, I got 2 dragon platelegs drop from iron dragons with warrior ring =P 8-)

Here's the catch, with wealth ring you could have gotten 2 visages instead of 2 dragon platelegs.

16185_s.gif

ROW has a very tiny improvement in probability. I wonder at how they determine the value of the drops on the wheel.

Before the ge, unless a j mod kept track of street prices and changed the ROW effect on the drop tables of dozens of monsters every few months, then it would have to be determined by alch value. This implies that the ROW could actually be a dangerous item to wear, depending on which monster you are camping.

Every test I have ever seen on the ROW results in a very small improvement in the chance of a drop or no noticable difference. Usually these tests have to involve dozens or even hundreds of extremely rare drops before even a small percentage of improvement can even be noticed from the ROW.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

No.

What it means is that it no effect on the probibility of getting a chance at a rare. The second wheel has blanks, so even when you hit rare on wheel one, you are not garunteed a rare at all. The ROW affects teh second wheel to make blanks less common.

Now, it might bias the second wheel to more valuble rares too, but its only confirmed to increase the chance of getting teh rare by increasing teh probibility of getting something on the second (rare item) wheel.

Wow, so much idiots these days on the forums. maybe do some testing?

In 89 armadyl solo kills, "WITH WEALTH", i got 1 hilt 1 chest 1 body 2 helms.

in 140 sara solo kills, "WITH WEALTH", i got 1 ss 1 hilt.

Ive had 44 berserker ring, 41 drag axe, 38 warrior ring - "WITH WEALTH".

ring of wealth only affects big drops

not stuff like ranarrs and snap seeds

Ddddrrr

The level 92 combat barrower

guth helmx1 karil topx1 d legs x1 left half x1

The thing with the ring of wealth it it increases rare drops.

As proven by pk drop tables wat jagex considers gd n rare is often more junky than "low end" drops

So by improving rare drops, aside from tht lucky kill where u get a d leg ors hilt or w/e it seems to make it worse; as you end up with more of the "rare" drops tht we consider junk meaning less of the "common" drops we consider valuable

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The ring of wealth does work. By how much I'm not sure. You need a lot more then 2 kills to prove the stats on something. From what I've seen, zarfot did a small study on this, where he recorded all of his slayer tasks, which ones he got rare drops.

Here's the drop rate for whips based on the tasks I did from 85 to 99 slayer, approximately from February 2007 to June 2007. Most tasks were done in the Alternate Abyss.

With wealth: 14 per 6045 demons, or 1 per 432 demons.

Without wealth: 14 per 6372 demons, or 1 per 455 demons.

I also got 2 dragon spears and 1 dragon med helm without wealth.

I did not get any dragon drops with wealth.

This in my opinion, still isn't enough to be too solid of evidence of the ring's effect, but it still shows a slight correlation towards wealth = more whips/kill. Now, if he would have killed 455 demons with zerker faster then 432 with wealth is a different story.

THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE! THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

OMGBBQ

Some random guy posted information that contradicts what Jagex said about THEIR game without doing any serious testing and even though people post these threads once or twice every month and they get paid barely any attention to them he feels that he's had a complete breakthrough on the game and it won't ever be the same again for us knowing we've been paying them $6 for LIES and we'll realize that we've been lied to all this time about a ring that was supposed to give us a bit more luck?

I'm sorry if I sounded a bit harsh but people post this same stupid topic every couple of weeks and every time they get this same reaction I'm giving them.

Either that or MMG doesn't believe we should have moneymaking rings.

EDIT: Actually I realized that I was very harsh and I'm apologizing since you're new to the forums.

Trapt45.png

YES, JAGEX PUT THE WEALTH RING INTO THE GAME TO TRICK YOU, ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY, EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE PAYING FOR THE GAME ANYWAY, JAGEX NEEDS TO TRICK YOU INTO SPENDING 30K FOR A RING THAT IS USELESS IN THEIR OWN GAME.

THUS, THE CAKE, SORRY, WEALTH, IS A LIE.

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

I'll stop now....

2Xeo5.png

Ring of wealth only works for rare drops.

So, say your going to get a ranaar seed, and the monster can also drop a snapdragon seed, if your wearing ring of wealth, its more likely to drop a snap dragon.

For more common drops, it dosent really affect it at all.

O.O

I just had a abby demon task and decided to take my wealth, got 3 whips <3: , so I have proven you wrong....do some testing and come back pls

ive had a triple whip task before and it was without a ROW

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I had a triple whip task today with a ROW, it's a nice feeling :) But yeah, the 2 posts quoted prove nothing, just use a ROW if you want, in the end it probably won't make much difference.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

Yup, same here. 3 whips in under 150 kills, and no ROW.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Yup, same here. 3 whips in under 150 kills, and no ROW.

also i had 3 dark bows in under 200 dark beasts w/o ROW too

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come