The ring of wealth is a LIE!

Neilson1111

It does work, but you had a better run with a bezerker ring. You could've easily gotten the same value of a run with a ROW or with no ring or with a seers ring. Run to Run comparisons don't really work so hot.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i'm assuming that spectres are like aviansies- wearing the ring decreases the rate of the (more profitable) common drops.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Your evidence is overwhelming and undeniable.

your sarcasm is overwhelming and palpable

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

The point is, it maybe gives you a 5-10% better chance on a rarer drop that is already rare. No wonder you aren't going to notice much of a difference. You can get good drops with and without it, and for most people it's not going to matter whether they wear one or not. Personal preference I'd say, as no one has enough data to conclusively prove by how much % it really affects drops.

2dvjurb.png

Of course it's not a lie. Jagex made the game, and Jagex tells us that it affects the rare drops.

[/thread]

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Why can't the ring of wealth just have charges that dissapear when it works?

That would finally end all this working/ not working nonsense. If you don't have physical evidence then it's just another hypothesis...

1288581197250-1.jpg

If there was no controversy, and it undoubtedly worked, you would find the wealth costing excessive amounts. Especially if the ring was destroyed after the charges were used up.

Speculation like this causes it to be stable, as well as giving the boffins that play Runescape something to do \'

2v8sgvs.png

I practiacally live in the metal dragons dungeon, and I would never leave home without my ROW. Have gotten tons of dragon armour and 5 visages in total. I had killed 8k irons/steels before I got the first visage though, so patience is the goal =)

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

I got a visage and 2 dragon skirts in one steel dragon task just recently, using the explorer ring. The Ring of Wealth may or may not work, but I prefer to wear a Warrior ring or Archer ring, depending on how I'm slaying. It's a matter of preference and maybe perspective.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

I've personally found I've received more rannar drops while killing green dragons. In fact, I've had an average of 2 per trip with a Ring of Wealth. But, that could just be plain dumb luck. I'll do some more trips to see how they go.

j0xPu5R.png

Ring of Wealth got me 3 Dragon claws, 2 Dragon medium helmets, 1 Dragon platelegs, 1 Dragon hatchet, 2 Berserker rings and 2 Warrior rings.

Even if it's superstition, I will continue to use it on all boss monsters.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Can someone lock this pile of rubbish?

It works, maybe not amazingly, but it does. You're [developmentally delayed] to think any other way.

+1 for the locking, and the fact that it works.

The thing is if you kill faster with zerker, archer, whatever.

Wealth improves drops by 5% according to Zarfot's results. However, do you get 5% faster kills with another ring? And how much is the value of experience?

I just stick to a fremmy ring usually because most of the time, I'm in a CC where I can get good drops, and ring of wealth doesn't affect it there. However, I've been trying ring of wealth at TD's, and it definitely makes a difference in charms there... but I'm just unlucky when it comes to drops, lol.

Imo, Ring of Wealth is a religion. Choose to believe it or don't choose to believe in it. Only the cake is a lie.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Obviously it will help but not by that much otherwise it would be worth a whole hell of a lot more than 30k.

The only thing to think about is how much more?

Say, hypothetically speaking, it increases the chance of a "good drop" by 2%, can you kill 2% more of the monster wearing a warrior or berserker ring instead?

chris_924.png

The notion that the ring of wealth doesn't really work has been tossed around for years now - but it all boils down to the question of, why would Jagex bother to create a relatively high level ring that actually does nothing, and lie about its effects?

I think the best answer is what a few other people have posted - The percentage of getting a rare drop is increased so slightly enough by the ROW, that wearing a berserker ring is likely to yield more rare drops simply because its bonuses allow you to kill the monsters faster.

RuneTrack.com Founder

I personally am undecided on ROW. I have about 200 Tormented demon kills without ROW and I got 4 ruined armor pieces, and about 200 kills with ROW dry. This would seem to indicate that ROW doesn't work. However, I am getting more rune, fewer lava runes, and better average drops. Those aren't rare I know, and others in SODB who TD swear by ROW. Personally, I believe although it does have an impact, for some tasks you can kill a significant amount more with zerker/warrior instead of a ROW, since ROW probably has a rather small impact on improving rare drops.

EDIT: I didn't read what sword said before I posted. FML

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I just read/skimmed through most of the posts in this thread, and its unbelievable how biased each and every one of you are. Even though I've never had an experience with the Ring of Wealth, I'd like to point out several things:

1. None of you know everything that is in the rare table. Jagex may have deemed something you perceive to be common to be rare, and without knowing everything in the rare table it is impossible to determine a statistic for the Ring of Wealth.

2. With each of your posts about your experiences, none of you have experienced enough rare drops to even become statistically significant to even about 20-40% - one trip means absolutely nothing in statistics, you need to repeat the trials over and over again... tens, hundreds, thousands of times.

3. The only knowledge you have of the game engine is what Jagex lets you know. Exactly what numbers go into the drop table, or how it goes through its numbers is unknown to you. While Jagex's answer does provide some clues, it isn't the code, and its only the code that can give you a definitive answer (or the Jagex Staffer who programmed it... ).

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪