YOU vs. Mediocrity

averagejoe.png

• Behold, this is a RuneScape player. Just like you. Let's call him Joe.

Joe is wearing a Granite body, Dragon platelegs, RoW, Dragon medium helmet, Abyssal Whip, Amulet of Glory, Dragon boots, Dragon gauntlets, Obsidian cape and an Obsidian shield. Certainly a step-up from his Rune Platebody, his Rune skirt/platelegs and his Rune boots. He also spent many days saving up for that Abyssal whip of his, and killed countless of Green dragons to fund it.

Joe's aspirations are to, one day, own a Godsword. As we all know, Godswords are cool and the ultimate weapon for any situation. Yet, he can't fund one, not yet. That's why he's training to be able to go to the GWD one day. He set his sight on General Graardor, as that fits his stats the best. After all, Strength is his main form of combat. Attack is a close second. Before he could wield the awesome weapons he owns, he trained on Experiments to get to the level he is now. He does not care much for Defence, as it is pretty pointless to have if you could hit high and often!

In that respect, he's also saving up for Dharok's armour. Who doesn't want to be able to hit 100+?!

Another goal of his is to own an Achievement cape, though he does not care which, he just wants a 99 for the sake of having a 99. Therefore, he set his sights on Cooking and/or Fletching, as they are cheap and quite fast. In the rare case of him actually getting another 99 first, chances are he will use either of those two to trim it, because trims are cool.

Aside from Green dragon killing and training for either his 99 or ability to go to the Godwars Dungeon, he doesn't do much. He does not like quests, and only did some to recharge his Glory. In some instances, he might push the enveloppe and try for the Barrow gloves from RFD.

Or, he might turn around and actually like questing, but not for the sake of the story, but for the ability to one day wear the Quest cape. Don't expect him to know anything at all of the quest he did last! The how and why totally passed him by.

He isn't too observant either, and usually pays only poor attention to recent updates. As such, he relies on others to tell him what happened today. If in any case something happened that negatively affected him, he bolts to the Rants forum. He will fill his thread with childish foulmouthing, usually regarding how everyone's not heterosexual, threatening to give up his $5 a month and how Jagex employee's mums are lame (or variations thereof). He sure showed them! His punctuation and spelling are subpar also... well, as long as he's (sort of) understandable, right?

As for minigames, he doesn't do much of them. He's mostly limited to Castle wars, Duel Arena and maybe Pest Control and Soul Wars. After all, that's XP right there!

And, other than his melee (or sometimes, the entire array of combat) and the odd skill he trained to get his fabled cape, he rarely trains any other skill.

That's Joe for ya! Truly a unique persona... wait, what?

Yes yes, I know that was long-winded, but the point still stands:

How are YOU different from the average Joe on RuneScape?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say I'm more into skills than Joe is. I always liked the idea of having a high total and I'm pretty satisfied with mine. I got a few 99's and every skill is 70 or higher. I also did every quest before I retired.

I wonder if "Joe" is really an average joe in RS. I hope not.

I differ from Joe a lot. I like quests, I don't play mini games often(combat or otherwise), and I try to mix it up as far as training skills. Joe sounds like someone who plays the game for a sense of accomplishment, I play for fun.

I wonder if "Joe" is really an average joe in RS. I hope not.

I differ from Joe a lot. I like quests, I don't play mini games often(combat or otherwise), and I try to mix it up as far as training skills. Joe sounds like someone who plays the game for a sense of accomplishment, I play for fun.

Probably. He actually sounded a lot like me when I first got members, but of course I surpassed him (not as much as Bauke did though :lol: ).

I am definitely different than the average Runescape player. I pride myself on knowledge of the game. I like to see to it that when there is an update released I find out as much as I can, as soon as I can. I also like to focus on one area at the game, I had a very hard time multi-tasking in the past, but I am starting to get a routine down for doing multiple things each day. At the same time, in the past I would never train certain stats that I did not enjoy, this wore off quickly though as I started to pride myself more and more on my total level and overall ranks. I like being different than others, for example I am 136 combat with 99 summoning, I prefer 136 combat over 138 so I have left prayer at 85. Also I do not do boss hunting at all anymore, which is very different than most people my level.

My 70 F2P RCing makes me special <3: and not like joe.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I guess I'm just different to Joe simply because although the idea of grinding for cash sounds nice in my head, I don't have the patience for it, and I'm simply not bothered. I've had this account for almost 2 years, 3/4's of which was spent as F2P and believe it or not, most of my skills were in the 50's (barring the member's ones, obviously) before I even became a member for the first time.

I didn't get my first million until my second month of membership, and even then I haven't ever gone above 2 million in wealth. I only managed to successfully get that amount of coins in the first place because of my love for the Hunter skill (0-70 in 3-4 days, fastest succession of levels I've ever accomplished) and selling red chinchompa's in batches of 400. Sure, I could have saved them for my own range training, but since I never liked ranged I figured the money would be better invested in a whip.

As for quests, they are the best part of RS for me since most of the time they are engaging and, most importantly of all, I've never had to invest more than 200k in any of them. When I completed Mourning's End 2, I was so annoyed and thankful that what I thought was the hardest thing I've ever done in RS is over and done with... no more.

Then the day after, I felt a little bit of sadness, because once I looked back on what I had done I realised that it was one of the most intense puzzles (even outside of RS) I had ever done, and the whole thing seemed epic, in a way. I know in light of recent quests, ME2 has sort of lost it's status a bit, but in the end it's always been something I told myself I'd one day complete.

Although people like Joe have valid points to make (they may not convey them well), I think they are taking the materialistic side of RS too seriously. Sometimes, you have to wast a lot of money before you find out what you enjoy doing.

I'll never be a 'high levelled player', because I simply lack the patience. However, the difference between me and Joe is that in the end, I don't really feel like I'm missing out on anything.

LMAO I'm everything Joe isn't, or at least Joe is everything I'm not.

-I own a God Sword

-Attack and Strength are my lowest Melee stats, Ranged and Defense being my highest

-I have a few 99's

-I don't make money from killing Green Dragons (unless I get them for a Slayer task ::' )

-I've done/enjoyed all the Quests

-I find that I'm extremely observant and knowledged

-I love most all minigames (Stealing Creation <3: )

I'm definitely not a Joe, I'm more of a Steve

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I'm surprised everyone started addressing Joe as a single entity, as I was referring to the larger, "commonfolk" of RuneScape. :P

-Attack and Strength are my lowest Melee stats, Ranged and Defense being my highest

-I don't make money from killing Green Dragons (unless I get them for a Slayer task ::' )

-I've done/enjoyed all the Quests

-I find that I'm extremely observant and knowledged

-I love most all minigames (Stealing Creation <3: )

respect.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

I believe I am not the average 'scaper. My friends consider me to be a walking encyclopedia of RS quest/history. I am also an insane minigame addict. Noncombat stats are much more important than combat stats in my opinion. Also, I am extremely impulsive. One day I would be training for 99 agility, the next day I would want to train for 99 mining. Although, I always do have a long term goal in the back of my head that I am constantly making sure that I do. At the moment 99 runecraft mainly because GOP is my favorite minigame at the moment. I have not GWD hunted in a long long time. My main combat activity comes with slayer and I have visited a PvP world only once to visit a friend and watch him "own" (he was killed by an AGS spec. I lol'd)

120dgl.jpg

Higher level in presumably every stat.

Better items.

I know that godswords aren't useful in most places.

Bandos godwars pisses me off.

Strength is lame. I have more defence exp than str.

I did get 99 cooking for the sake of it, but only after 8 other 99's.

Blahblahblah I'm smarter and better at everything and I'm too bored to finish.

Grinding on experiments to get 70 att for that shiny whip...that brings back memories...

But of course I've always enjoyed questing just for the sake of questing, have not been tempted by a 99 fming cape, love reading updates JaGeX posts (Even moreso now that they've slowed down on them :cry: ),and I've never posted on the rants forum ;)

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

How i am different from Joe:

- Higher combat

- More effective, level and item wise (I am a control freak when it comes to equipment)

- Don't get a 99 because it's a 99. I get it for the use and the interest in the skill.

- Love melee and do everything to make it better

- Read news on Runescape site

- Hard working

- Look up information and videos before i decide to do something involving big risk (Bosses mostly).

- Love to do quests, but hate poor story ones.

- Good to get diaries done.

- Love Abyssal whip, Leaf-bladed sword (Monsters weak to stab), Dragon scimitar w/Rune defender.

- Love The Fight Cave and Fire Cape.

- Duel arena is a blast..

- Slayer and Treasure trails - Go hand in hand (Love Treasure trails)

- ONLY like the special attack of Godswords and Dragon claws

- Help those that are willing to listen and learn

- Try to be nice to everyone

- Hate Bandos God Wars

- Level low level skills to a decent level for future obstacles.

Example of knowledge>power:

This my equipment for melee monsters, i could get Bandos but choose not to. The equipment is so good that:

1) I have done many slayer tasks by use of only Enchanced Excalibur, no food or summon familiar.

2) Better melee defense than Bandos, and because i got 88 smithing i can repair the armor for a cheap price.

Equipment.png

this is an extremely pointless post. your making fun of players who rant about updates when all your doing here is ranting about how other players play this game. and dont try to say its not a rant. its a rant. your making fun of other players because they dont read every single word of text while doing a quest. because they dont enjoying clicking on the same thing for hours on end just for a high lvl in skill that doesn't have much use. if you dont like how they play then go cry about it. its there life, its there character, if they have fun just training combat then who the hell are you to talk trash about that? if they are happy and enjoying themselves then why the hell should they do anything different?

Haha! This is one of my favorite threads in this forum!

Here is how I am different in chronological order:

1) My funding never came from Green Dragons.

2) Obsidian sucks.

3) Whips are better than Godswords except in certain situations.

4) I came from many different gaming backgrounds and when it comes to builds, Defense owns all. If this was a "twitch" game, defense wouldn't be as necessary since you can move out your opponents way. Still, Defense is useful to multitask and repel groups unlike attack stats in melee/range/mage.

5) By the time, experiments came out, I was already pretty high leveled. I did check them out before and they were too crowded to be even worth it.

6) Hitting often with Verac is better than hitting high with Dharok.

7) I never thought I'd get a 99 but now I have. The only 99s worth getting are combat related. Someday I aspire for the construction cape though.

8) I never really liked GWD until I started soloing saradomin. You will RARELY find me in bandos and their *shudder* 6+ hour long trips.

9) I like quests.

10) I read updates and I read the forums for feedback. I also check on the bugfix thread too.

11) I'm usually defending Jagex in the Rants forums since many rants are not thought out in the world perspective. Rarely, I find a rant that justifies a support.

12) I've done nearly every minigame but I wish more people played Trouble brewing.

13) I do train other skills but only for quests.

Here is where I am similar to Joe:

1) Granite body is ftw! Seriously, if you aren't pushing barrows, this is good armor. It's stats are comparable to a Dragon chainbody but with hardly any cost.

2) Whip is ftw only if coupled with a dfs or rune defender.

3) I'd admit, I have done quests only to pass them for the rewards. But if I do a quest on the day they were released, I can remember storylines quite well. It's only those bulk loads of quests I save up from going on a f2p hiatus that pass my mind. I think it's quite funny though, an NPC asks you for prior knowledge and your character just happens to know what has happened to gielinor a year ago like it was yesterday.

4) Although I do visit other minigames, I'd have to admit I like those mentioned by your thread. I waited till I was near maxed combat before I try the high level BH crater but... I'd have to wait for the new BH to come out.

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

Toasting in an epic bread.

I did all the quests, unlike Joe. I've also never had an obsidian shield, granite torso, or dragon gauntlets, or an obsidian cape, nor have I funded anything through green dragons. I am going for 99 fishing though, but that's to get enough fish for 99 cooking, which I will sell for munies.

I also know the updates, don't touch the rants forum, I don't question my...other's sexuality, don't threaten to give up my 7 bucks, and don't talk bad about Jagex's mums.

I also have a decent chompy hat. Still working on that, but only after 99 fishing.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

this is an extremely pointless post. your making fun of players who rant about updates when all your doing here is ranting about how other players play this game. and dont try to say its not a rant. its a rant. your making fun of other players because they dont read every single word of text while doing a quest. because they dont enjoying clicking on the same thing for hours on end just for a high lvl in skill that doesn't have much use. if you dont like how they play then go cry about it. its there life, its there character, if they have fun just training combat then who the hell are you to talk trash about that? if they are happy and enjoying themselves then why the hell should they do anything different?
Well... At least he can spell and uses proper grammar. And he's not "talking trash" as you put it (except about the Rants forum, but even then, he's right), he's just presenting an "average" 'Scaper. Nobody likes to be told they're "average", so he asked how we're not.

On topic: I like non-combat skills to start. I play some minigames, though mostly for the rewards (Runecrafting tabs and gloves are ftw). I'm not a member, that's probably a big difference. I read the updates. Even if I had 12.5 mill exp, i wouldn't post in Rants...and if I did, I wouldn't look like a semi-literate elementary school student. I like defence, though I try and keep my combat skills equal.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

I'm unlike joe in that...

I do care what 99 I get.

I don't rant about anything jagex does.

All and all my grammer is good.

I do like most mini games.

I'm more of a skiller then a combat person.

I would take defence over strength anyday.

I'm like joe in that...

I'm not the biggest fan of quest. :twss:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

How is it a rant?

I'm just taking random stereotypes and common things I noticed and I blend them into a single character, which I named Joe.

Let's review:

•  
    [*:34tvoejv] That outfit, or slight variations thereof, are amongst the most common outfits you see on people. Walk around in the GE area, and you'll probably find one without much trying.

[*:34tvoejv] Green dragons is amongst the most quoted moneymakers in the game for mid-level players.

[*:34tvoejv] Godswords are fabled. Never noticed a few people begging for one? Never got asked if you have a Godsword by a new player? Godswords are *it*.

[*:34tvoejv] Bandos is amongst the most practised boss fights in the GWD. If you are ever asked to go on a GWD trip, how many times is it the Bandos one?

[*:34tvoejv] Strength IS the most common trained combat stat. Statistic prove it, people prove it. Take a survey of 50 random RuneScapers and compare their combat stats. How often does Strength end first?

[*:34tvoejv] Experiments are amongst the most quoted ways of powertraining at low levels.

[*:34tvoejv] Dharok is the highest in-demand Barrow's set.

[*:34tvoejv] Cooking and Fletching are the 2 most common 99s, solely beaten by Strength. I've seen a lot of people I know get a "special" 99 (ie: the rarer ones like Crafting, Agility...) only to trim it with Cooking/Fletching for an easy trim.

[*:34tvoejv] Ask around, most people *hate* quests. On top of that, I've asked around a few days ago to some guys who had a quest cape as well, most of them did not pay any attention to the dialogue. When asked about the Myreque storyline, they often couldn't get much further than: "It involved vampires...I think..."

[*:34tvoejv] Only few actually read updates. Ever wield something which was new, only to be asked 10+ times that day what the hell it is you're wearing? Never been asked where an event/happening was when it easily shows on the Front page? Never simply went: "Boy, that change to X makes things so much easier now" - "Why, what changed?"

[*:34tvoejv] The rants forum is perpetually one of the most active forums on the RSOF. Ever visited the Rants forum during a negative update (like December 2007)? If so, read all the constructive rants and compare it do all the dismissive rants.

[*:34tvoejv] Simply the most played minigames of all.

kthx.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Looks like we got an angry Average Joe on our hands. :boohoo:

Thats a rant in its self, as too how this topic has been approached, getting back on topic, i am different from joe because i do care what 99 i achieve, i do read all the updates to make sure i know what will/might and is happening, i enjoy questing, i enjoy minigames, i <3 skilling, i also don't rant on the RSOF, using childish comments :wall:

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Well im different from joe because

1. Atk and Str are my lowest combats haha. I like Range and Defense =D

2. I love quests

3. I go for a skillcape because I like the skill and it would benefit me.

4. I read all the updates

5. I dont slay green dragons

6. I like a lot of minigames

7. I don't go to the rants forum.

8. I like skilling too.

I will admit Average Joe was a lot like me when I first became a member. Almost exact same attire to.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png