D mace is alot better than dds for pking yes?

Neilson1111

Not that it really matters but i have tried using the rune mace in f2p and it doesnt do any better then a rune scim. Even though it has more cruch attack.

Sorry everyone, totally off topic, but am I the only one who cringed when he read this.

Cruch Attack... OUCH

Teeg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D Mace is extremely useful for people wearing Melee armor, especially ones with a crush weakness. It is also quite good for a final blow since it hits hard. It, however, has less accuracy, so you might hit a lower number than you do a higher number (highest I've seen on YouTube is 52).

DDS, on the other hand, hits 2 times per spec, so it is useful for a beginning attack. To counteract the DDS's benefit, it is weak and not so accurate, so it is only useful against Ranged and Magic armor. It can also poison, which is another benefit, although the chances of it is low. (Highest I've seen on YouTube is 38-38.)

So, overall, both weapons are pretty good in their own perspective, but the DDS is slightly more useful thanks to poison.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I'd much rather either DDS or g maul simply due to the speed of the attacks.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I tried d mace on bh about half a hour ago and 2 of the hits were over 20. Opponent was using dds and hit with 1 of his specials haha

So d mace on their rune plate is awesome tbh :thumbsup:

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I tried d mace on bh about half a hour ago and 2 of the hits were over 20. Opponent was using dds and hit with 1 of his specials haha

So d mace on their rune plate is awesome tbh :thumbsup:

To everyone before this guy, well, yah it's your own preference really.

You have more of a chance, and yeah, dds is good against d hide.

But who pks with d hide?(Melee, not ranged)

Also, the guy who saw the 52 with d mace on youtube, I dealed 54 earlier today on another dude, got another robe top....

I even deal a 65 on a zombie with salve.

And to this guy's message, yay you know how i feel. :thumbsup:

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

( I know dds can deal a 38/38 spec,but really, you see that commonly? )

D mace can spec 50's, but really, you see that commonly?

For me, yes.

Every time i use a full spec bar, it's pretty common.

O_O

But since dds needs to hit twice, it has half the chance, while d mace needs only one.

So yea 8-)

That's flawed thinking because in total a dds can hit 76.

Higher.

Isn't the max for dds 90? Double 42 hit + 6 poison damage? Or is it higher against flagholder in Castle Wars?

With DDS and max Strength gear that doesn't degrade (Bandos, DFS), max hit per special with DDS is 43x2. Poison only does 1 splat every 15 seconds or so, so you'd only add +6 to the total specs.

86+86+86+86+6=350 max damage.

Max with the same gear but Dragon mace is 57

57x4=228 max damage.

So yeah.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

With DDS and max Strength gear that doesn't degrade (Bandos, DFS), max hit per special with DDS is 43x2. Poison only does 1 splat every 15 seconds or so, so you'd only add +6 to the total specs.

86+86+86+86+6=350 max damage.

Max with the same gear but Dragon mace is 57

57x4=228 max damage.

So yeah.

Thats only theoretical though.

And im sure the average player cant hit 43x2.

BOO

You wouldn't hit 57 very often either.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

What about dragon long? It's pretty accurate and can deal massive damage...

Yeah, Dragon Longsword's spec can compete with the Dragon Mace's spec AND the DDS's spec.

Reason? Dragon Longsword's spec is much more accurate than both of the above weapons, which means better chance of hitting a very high number. Not only that, but the strength gets a big boost as well (but not as much as the Dragon Mace). The highest hit I've seen on a Dragon Longsword is 54 on YouTube.

Still, DDS's poison advantage CAN beat Dragon Longsword's special.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

25% extra damage is nothing special.

Now nearly double damage, thats something special.

Also, they are both inaccurate, but DDS poisons, hits higher, can attack faster (can still spec fast if your first ko fails) And only uses 25% of the attack bar.

O.O

The vast majority of pkers will not have done the heroes quest, therefore they will not use the d mace. When I pked I definately found a DDS spec to be very easy to pull of and highly effective....a dd is also cheaper than a d mace...making it a much more useful pk wep over the mace...well thats my thoughts at least.....I did pk in P2P very long..i was just a range/r2h hybrid...

Cheap_Mark.png

Cheap Mark - Going for 1050 Total

From my personal experiences, while the D-long and D-mace CAN hit hard, they are not very consistent. When you roll 0's with them, it can really hurt.

DDS on the other hand is different because it deals twice as many attacks for your special bar. Sure they typically are not high, but from my perspective hitting 0-12 is better than taking a chance hitting 0's with the Mace or Long.

As far as KO ability, the Long and Mace have more of this as they do hit harder and can catch your opponent off guard if your lucky. But because they are typically not consistent, DDS is a better option simply because with double the chances for hits. You know you are likely to hit at least something rather than nothing, which usually outweighs the chances of high hits the other two weapons have.

dawnsigblue-3.png

From my personal experiences, while the D-long and D-mace CAN hit hard, they are not very consistent. When you roll 0's with them, it can really hurt.

DDS on the other hand is different because it deals twice as many attacks for your special bar. Sure they typically are not high, but from my perspective hitting 0-12 is better than taking a chance hitting 0's with the Mace or Long.

As far as KO ability, the Long and Mace have more of this as they do hit harder and can catch your opponent off guard if your lucky. But because they are typically not consistent, DDS is a better option simply because with double the chances for hits. You know you are likely to hit at least something rather than nothing, which usually outweighs the chances of high hits the other two weapons have.

Lol, lately I've been having bad luck at bh,

My first target was a pjer...(nub)

And then the dharoker I fought used veng.... bah.

Well, I change my mind, and you're mostly right.

It's not consistent, and the times I did it I was maybe lucky, but I want to ask Jagex if crush has an effect on armor or not.

Thanks anyways :mrgreen:

Slayer Drops:

DDS is better than dmace and dlong, no questions about it, not even debateable. DDS has better max, better average, faster speed, poison for a little extra damage (raises your average damage per minute by 18 damage or so), ect ect.

Dclaw and AGS are the only two melee weapons that can compare to dds KOs.

DDS is better than dmace and dlong, no questions about it, not even debateable. DDS has better max, better average, faster speed, poison for a little extra damage (raises your average damage per minute by 18 damage or so), ect ect.

Dclaw and AGS are the only two melee weapons that can compare to dds KOs.

Dude, don't say it's not debateable.

Thats for hunting monsters, against other people it's a different story.

Read the title...PKING.

Slayer Drops:

Actually Dragon longsword is quite good with it's spec, it's increase is in damage, not strength so you hit higher than normal.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops: