D mace is alot better than dds for pking yes?

Neilson1111

This morning, I was at bounty hunter(Yes, I play bounty hunter in the morning, it's my coffee, wakes me up)

Then, I looked at my d mace and dds. I thought: I should use a d mace for once....

So I tried.

Guess what?

I found out that the d mace is really better than the dds( In MY personal option) during pking.

I always hit 2/4 of the specs with the d mace, and I hit a nice 50 and 40. Got corrupt Zuriel top >.>

I then tried out dds, missed 2 specs, and dealed a 27/3 and a 30/0.

Then I saw someone pk another guy dealing a 27/23 spec. Although that looked like pure luck.

I think d mace is overall better because it's crush, and rune pl8 is weaker to crush than stab.

The spec also makes big hits, like 50's. Making the hit's look intimiating( to the unexperienced pkers)

So whatcha guys think?

( I know dds can deal a 38/38 spec,but really, you see that commonly? )

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd stick with a DDS if I had to choose between the two. I suppose it depends on your stats as with a high attack & strength level the DDS is likely the better choice. I often see people hit a low 30 and high 20 on their specs (those with high attack/str). I imagine the speed of the attack also helps as it can catch the opponent offguard. I'd choose the DDS, but that's just me. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Not that it really matters but i have tried using the rune mace in f2p and it doesnt do any better then a rune scim. Even though it has more cruch attack.

OT:OMG you post on Tip it?

Anyway, the whole "crush/slash" thing is EXTREMELY overrated except against three MONSTERS. Metal Dragons are weak to stab, the CB is very weak to stab, and Waterfiends are weak to crush. Against players and everything else, what style you use makes very little difference.

td2sig.jpg

Isn't d mace alot slower between specials than dds though?

^

This is why dds is better, it has faster hits, meaning your opponent doesn't have alot of time to respond to that attack, plus the fact it can poison.

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Not that it really matters but i have tried using the rune mace in f2p and it doesnt do any better then a rune scim. Even though it has more cruch attack.

Anyway, the whole "crush/slash" thing is EXTREMELY overrated except against three MONSTERS. Metal Dragons are weak to stab, the CB is very weak to stab, and Waterfiends are weak to crush. Against players and everything else, what style you use makes very little difference.

Off topic: Yup i used to be a member of the original tip it but then switched the forum used by pepsi24 and all of them.(cant seem to remember the name). Then for the longest time i just used to read the forum and never post then last year decided to rejoin and post again. So there is my little story.

dds:

+4x2 specs

+can be poisoned

+excellent againts light armour

+fast specs

-not very effective againts heavy armour

-it`s a dagger

d mace

+good againt any armour type

+high hitting specs

+prayer bonus

+4 specs

-slow speed

-heavy

overall: dds againts magers and rangers, d mace againts meleers

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Gargoyles are weak to Crush as well.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

D mace can spec 50's, but really, you see that commonly?

For me, yes.

Every time i use a full spec bar, it's pretty common.

O_O

But since dds needs to hit twice, it has half the chance, while d mace needs only one.

So yea 8-)

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

For me, yes.

O_O

But since dds needs to hit twice, it has half the chance, while d mace needs only one.

So yea 8-)

That's flawed thinking because in total a dds can hit 76.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

For me, yes.

O_O

So yea 8-)

That's flawed thinking because in total a dds can hit 76.

Higher.

Zerker_jane.png

Just to say, with heavy armour like torags, it's barely noticable to see the difference between using crush and slash. The dds needs luck for both hits to NOT miss and hit high, but it has a accuracy bonus. The dmace requires less luck for it to hit a overall high number, but it has a decrease in accuracy. In general, the dds is better, for it's availablity, poisonability, speed, overall damage and accuracy. And btw, sorry to burst your bubble, but the dds max's 43-43 pvpwise. (Or 53-53 with the ddart bug =p)

I am not compfreak, I refuse to test a weapon for 100's of hours to give accurate results, sorry.

PS - Wrong forum buddy.

From what I understand about pking you usually pull out dds when the opponent has low health so you dont need high hits just enough to kill them. Mace may hit higher but it only hits once so it has a lower KO chance. If it hits a zero your opponent can heal and your stuck. DDS hits twice and usually hits at least once on players so it would normally kill them. Also, DDS is better against dragonhide which is also used alot.

BOO

d mace for softening opponents and dds to finish them off?

i rarely hit under 20 with d mace so with good stats and prayer, it`s an invaluable tool againts heavy armours

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.