Jagex Twitter Update

SupaDavis

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either 1) Dungeon Maps

or 2) An improved lightsource for dungeons? Really annoys me losing an invent space going to TD's. Lanterns on helmets? =D (Maybe not...)

we alreayd have the mining helmet and light source fmailairs

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

And seers hats.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

People on RSOF said it'll be something to do with Morytania..

I somehow got a wierd thuoght of the white and black knights..maybe a new sea slug quest or something? Or it could be talking about Attacking Varrock...again. :?:

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Chaos Elemental mentioned a Myreque quest in Raktuber. That's probably what they're thinking. Morytania is a bit of a dark place, but dunno. Something that "improves" the game without actually improving gameplay I'd guess.

-edit- Can someone give me a link to their offical Twitter page?

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

The first thing I thought when reading this was "Light Maze?". But it doesn't make much sense and Death runecrafting won't get easier if the maze can be avoided, as we can already use the Abyss. Dungeon maps update sounds good, as dungeons are dark and with a map you know where you are going. Have no idea about the charm though... :?

I got this from the official forum:

From Jagex twitter;

Where am I going? It's dark in here. Maybe in the future things will be much easier? Or perhaps I should find myself a new lucky charm...

Translated from French twitter;

Where am I? In which state I wander? But I notice the light at the far end of the castle.

Translated from German twitter;

The times are gloomy, an update brings light. Soon many things will become clearer. We do not betray more.

The German part sounds like dungeon maps too, but the French one is kind of weird, "light at the far end of the castle"?

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

The English Twitter message certainly sounds like the dungeon maps, but I'm not as certain after looking at the French and German ones:

"Où suis-je? Dans quelle état j'erre? Mais j'aperçois la lumière au fond du donjon..."

My French isn't great, but as far as I am aware this translates to something like "Where am I? In what state [state as in United States, as far as I know] do I wander? But I catch sight of the light at the far end [possibly bottom or back] of the keep." The first two sentences sound somewhat like the dungeon maps, but the last sentence doesn't at all, though I can't figure out to what it might refer.

"Die Zeiten sind düster, ein Update bringt Licht. Bald wird manches klarer. Mehr verraten wir nicht."

My German is worse, but according to people on RSOF this means something along the lines of "The times are gloomy, an update brings light. Soon many things will be clearer. We do not betray anyone." This doesn't sound like dungeon maps at all to me -- perhaps the new Myreque quest referred to by the Chaos Elemental? The times in Morytania are certainly gloomy due to the influence of Drakan, and light (both physical and metaphorical) is sorely needed. The entire region is fairly mysterious and the finer details are pretty much unknown to us, and the idea of not betraying anyone fits the 'all for one and one for all' attitude of the Myreque in my opinion.

The German part sounds like dungeon maps too, but the French one is kind of weird, "light at the far end of the castle"?
It's a mistranslation.

"Mais j'aperçois la lumière au fond du donjon" = "But I see light at the bottom of the dungeon"

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

'Donjon' is definitely keep, not dungeon. Dungeon is a derivative of it, sure, but it means keep. Hell, a keep can be referred to as a donjon in English.
I'm pretty sure its dungeon in this context. We don't have any keeps as such in Runescape but we have pletny of dungeons and we know a dungeon update is due. My Oxford concise french dictionary gives the following possible words: keep, great tower, dungeon, bulkhead. I picked dungeon as it would appear the most likely in this scenario given the tweets in other languages.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

'Donjon' is definitely keep, not dungeon. Dungeon is a derivative of it, sure, but it means keep. Hell, a keep can be referred to as a donjon in English.
I'm pretty sure its dungeon in this context. We don't have any keeps as such in Runescape but we have pletny of dungeons and we know a dungeon update is due. My Oxford concise french dictionary gives the following possible words: keep, great tower, dungeon, bulkhead. I picked dungeon as it would appear the most likely in this scenario given the tweets in other languages.

So Donjon could mean a dungeon or a tower. (Draken Castle could be considered a tower in some ways)

You're forgetting that dungeon outside of MORPGs doesn't necessarily mean a cave network or whatever; it's simply a place where prisoners are kept and keeps are a subset of dungeons--hence the definition of 'dungeon'.

Runescape IS a MMORPG!

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Probably a hint to todays update :D Props to you for spotting it so fast. I would think this week would be upgrade only though.

i loved todays update so much...oh wait where is it

I ment this weeks update... jeese don't be so picky. And yes, there IS going to be a game update this week.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg