"Add me please"

armourdilo

"Add me please"

I dread seeing these three words float out into the open air above another player's head. I guess it's because I find it awkward to reject people. I'm not the kind of person that finds it easy to reject a person, nor do I like seeming like a rude person. I've tried to justify it, when after less than 3 minutes of question and answer about stats and player moderators they ask to be friends I say "I barely even know you." awkwardness surely ensues. They feel it's an invite to ask my age - something that my paranoid mindset on internet security would rather me steering clear of. The whole situation makes me feel a bit like Fraiser, or Basil Fawlty, although less funny. Other times I flat out lie and say my friends list is full (it has only ever been once. Then I managed to knock it back down to 60 after deleting inactive accounts and their pures), this too, makes me feel uneasy. The ways I try to avoid it continue in this manner (I fear I'll sink to a new low as to run for my life).

The problem is, I'm a pushover, I don't want to upset a person and I don't want to seem cruel, even though I do find an odd pleasure in coming up with horrible, sarcastic quips. So until I can shake this "fear" I'm stuck with feeling bad with refusing to add people to my friends list or accepting unsavoury players that feel a good conversation is just question + answer and "can I ask you a question?" and my personal favourite, "How old are you?".

What can I do?

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

Reminds me of myself :ohnoes: .

If someone is asking me to add them, and it doesn't seem like I'll ever talk to them again, I keep them on my list for a week, then remove them if we've never talked again during that time. Usually, it's not hard to tell if a person is the kind that would give a "who r u?? how u get my user??? reported" in response to me greeting them with a "Hi." the next day.

207pd9y.jpgHubs55.png

~Fire cape achieved at combat lvl 80~

BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~

Ergh, I really hate it when that happens. I don't really do friends on RS, that's probably why I have never completed Shield of Arrav in 4 years. Whenever someone random asks me to be their friend I just tell them that I don't do friends straight. A lot of the time people just want you for your money or item lending :cry:

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Thanks for reading.

It's good to know that people can relate to what I'm saying. This problem has really be burning me up lately. I might try what you said, mister moocky. Not going to be easy though, I'll do my best.

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

I usually just ignored them after they asked to add them. Not with the Ignore List, I just stopped typing. I used to add everyone in the olden days but the few months before I quit, I got tired of having to add anyone I told my Hunter level to.

I usually add anyone who asks me to. It's not hard at all to delete them later if they get bothersome. Every now and then clean your friends list removing anyone who you haven't talked to in a while. Of course, I've been playing for almost 5 years and never had anyone on my ignore list, either :lol:

rsd.gif

rsdb.png

124ecdx.gifFormer Admin of The Death Monkeighs124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Vengeance Council124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Eternal Honour Member124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme Member124ecdx.gif

can u all add meh plz? id liek som frends plz plz plz!!!!

>_>

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

At least you have space. :-# But yeah, I'd just go with "my list is full";it works for me every time, as new poeple can't make you delete someone without sounding like a jerk.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

I also just tell them my list is full, unless they obviousley make a great effort to be friendly.

And as to Bassy's suggestion, that would really be awesome, I would love that update, as long as we could move people around.

I do get the "Add me please" often, as I believe in helping people, but my list is full because of it. It is awkward to say no, but remember, this kid will go to bed and not think a thing of it.

Off topic: It's funny how people react different to me. When I'm fighting, I'm constantly "Farcasting" and "Can't really fight," but when I'm out in the rest of the world, people are always friendly toward me, and I am right back to them. Either you hate me, or want me on a friend's list.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I just don't add them, or add them and not talk to them very much and then delete them. i'm 20 years old and have played since back in the day off and on... all of my rsc friends have quit and none of my rl friends play anymore. Being 20 years old I just don't have very much in common with the average scaper anymore, and I find middle-school and even some high school humor pretty annoying now... i guess you could say i grew out of making friends on runescape. I had my friends list full back when i was 14-15 but eh, I just don't have much in common with middle schoolers and high schoolers these days.

pandapk2.jpg

I always make up some really elaborate story about a giant hippo-slash-panda-slash-unicorn stalking me over t'interwebz and now I don't add anybody who isn't a Dementor because I'm terrified of being chased by flying deodorant. They never want to add me after that for some reason :?

(Edit: And it's so funny making that pile of crap up that you forget to feel guilty, so it's win-win really)

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

"My friends list is full..."

I hate having to lie about that. It's terribly awkward, and it's bad karma.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

well, my friends list is actually full, so i can say it without being a liar or a jerk. and i do get asked to add people alot >_

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Personally, I just tell these people I think friendships can't be forced and there should be something interesting about the way you met, be it a helping hand or a clan event. Being higher level doesn't qualify for that. Because if you don't have that, sooner or later, the question "Who are you?" will surface.

Personally, I just tell these people I think friendships can't be forced and there should be something interesting about the way you met, be it a helping hand or a clan event. Being higher level doesn't qualify for that. Because if you don't have that, sooner or later, the question "Who are you?" will surface.

I hate that! Then when I remember who they are I feel like I should go along with the "I still don't have a clue" thing just for a bit of consistency :XD:

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13