Max EP% is 100%, confirmed.

samcowcow

FACTS PART 1:

[hide=]EP% MAX is : 100%

(people have more than 100% before, and it is now fixed.)

P2P and F2P EP% are linked : No, they are counted separately.

EP% is now harder to earn: YES

Reason:

*When I earned the 40% EP before the update, I only spent like 1 hour at dark beasts place.

*now, when I spend 30 minutes in dark beasts, it only gives me 1% EP%.

How to increase EP% (30 minutes time) :

You must be risking 75k+ , you can check by clicking the death button in player equipment screen, it becomes green)

After 40%, I should go to hot zone and earn EP% : Yes

In cold zones, you can earn up to 40%EP, after that, you will only get like 1%EP every 30minutes.

Therefore, you should go to hot zone to earn EP%, otherwise it will take forever to reach 100%.

EP% you lose depends on : your combat level (higher lv lose less %)

Thanks to soma2035. (please feel free to add in more information about this, we need more confirmation)

In hot zones (wildy, edge...etc) , the EP% increases by : around 22~30%.

Thanks to everyone :)

If you walk in and out the safe areas, it will make your EP% : less than staying in hozone all the time.[/hide]

FACTS PART 2:

[hide=]The EP% you lose on BH and PVP worlds is different: YES

Thanks to soma2035.

BH has the same yield (increase) as PvP: YES

Thanks to soma2035.

If I die with EP%, will my loot be effected : No. It is ok to die with EP%.

Thanks to soma2035.

Do I get better loot by risking more? or killing someone who risks more : No.

Thanks to soma2035. As long as you have 75k+, and the person you kill has 25k+, it's all good.[/hide]

EP% Max test by Samcowcow:

[hide=]When I logged into pvp world. my EP% was already 40%.

(I eanred this before the EP% update...spent like 1 hour doing dark beast task.

after 30 minutes doign slayer task(cold zone), it became 41%.

another 30 minutes in wildy fishing place(hot zone)., it became 72%

another 30 minutes in wildy sitting with people (hot zone), entering safe areas some of the time, it became 94%.

another 30 minutes of walking around wildy(hot zone), without going into safe area at all, it became 100%.

Therefore, the max EP% is now 100%

Hope this helps a little bit with people confusing the max EP% you can earn.[/hide]

Here is the data of EP% you lose per kill (feel free to leave your loot :) )

[hide=]samcowcow: My combat lv is 135 vs my friend lv100 (did in deep wildy)

1st kill: 100% > 78%.

2nd kill: 78% > 57%

3rd kill: 57% > 34%

4th kill: 34% > 11%

5th kill: 11% > 3%

Musky44:

Got 100% EP, then got a ring of stone, dboots, and granite maul, causing me to lose 26% EP.

Esper_Jones:

From 100% I got about 1.3M worth of drops, including a corrupt Zuriel's Staff and 2 Dragon Halberds. I also got two brawlers - Thieving and Hunter. It took seven kills before it drained to 0, and I kept getting Rune+ drops even at 1% potential.

The first three kills drained 26% potential each.

TheLad1:

100% EP. Drop - 74 Diamond Bolts (e), Infinity Boots, G Maul, Rune Full Helm & assorted food

Lost 24% of EP

86% EP. Zerker Ring, 43 Dragon Arrows P+, Granite Legs, Rune Hally & assorted Food

Lost 22% of EP

mirsh:

100% EP to 0% EP. Agility glove, around 350~400k stuffs.

soma2035:

On my level 65 account, I killed a level 68 on a Bounty Hunter world. I had 100% EP, he was not a target, and my drop was a Granite Platebody, Glory Amulet, and the Dragon Dagger P++ he lost. I lost 75% EP.

On my level 137 account, I killed my level 133 friend who had 25k cash. Every kill cost me 21% or 22%[/color] alternating, so I believe it was a 21.5% loss. I also allowed my friend to kill me his numbers matched with mine: he lost 21% or 22% alternating.

30 minutes on PvP worlds, in the wilderness, doing nothing, seems to yield 25%EP consistently. Another of my friends, on a level 43, got into several fights and trained for half an hour in a hot zone [/color]and got a whopping 35%.

toast647:

80% to 56%. 24% for one kill

Rune platelegs and dragon arrows

warren211:

I was at 100% EP and decided to do the 26k trick. In a hotzone, it brought my potential down to 67%, meaning a 33% loss. My next kill put me down to 27% potential, meaning a loss of 40%. I was 111+7, my partner was 114 (he had a pouch to boost his level).

Warcraft53:

Me -111(102 +9 but had pouch to boost level) Friend-102(Did not have a pouch out)(102+8)

Kill 1 - Lost: 37%EP (100 Down to 63)

Kill 2 - Lost: 36%EP (63 Down to 27)

Kill 3 - Lost: 19%EP (27 Down to 8)

Kill 4 - Lost: 6%EP (8 Down to 2)

Kill 5 - Lost: 2%EP (2 Down to 0)

2nd test

Me: 111 with pouch I may try without next time. Friend 99+9 No pouch

1: 100 > 63 again

2: 63 > 27 again

3: 27 > 8 again (Got whip + archer ring. Friend only had 26k in inventory)

4: 8 > 2 again

funnisam:

Combat lv: 125

My target combat level : 125

Loot: rune platebody, rune plateskirt, rune 2h, 2 rune scimis, worn out rune gauntlets, rune full helm, green d hide body, green d hide chaps, 3 amulet of powers. Came to just over 300k.

My EP in this one kill went from: 100% to 27%

eyetouch:

I'm 106 F2p, and 113 P2P.

From 30% EP, I 26ked, getting a thief brawler, adamant bolts, mystic staff, rune chain and some other random things. This brought me down to 7 % EP.

In BH world, I killed my target. EP% went from 76% to 19% (57%lose).

Got a total of 8.8m loot including a Dragon full helm.

Master_Smither :

Combat level: 137

From 100%EP, six kills got 27M loot. Kills are in order as you see in the EP and the DFS went from 14%-3% EP so I am guessing EP doesn't matter too much.[/hide]

Some other useful information:

[hide=]soma2035:

BH has the same yield as PvP.

Level: 65

EP% yielded: 25%

The BH timer has 8 sections, each segment taking roughly 7 minutes and 30 seconds, the whole gauge taking 60 minutes. It seems you can get targets (though unlikely) once it's at least half full. However, assuming you start from nothing, you can expect to get 50% EP while getting a full target gauge, if you risk 75k. However, unlike EP, target gauge goes up even if you aren't risking. Thus, if you already have 100% EP, you might be better off no-iteming until you get a target.

Apparently the problem is BH worlds. PvP worlds like 26 usually drain 20-35% of your DP per kill, although we're not sure what determines the exact amount. I suspect it's level. On BH PvP, it drains a potentially massive amount. My friend tested on his level 44, on pvp worlds, it drained 30% exactly, on bh, it drained 70%+.

Zalok:

Also it has been stated a target kill in BH adds 1 hour of hotzone EP to what you currently have and uses the entire 1 hour worth on that kill. So for example you killed your target and had 100% EP, and lost 30% EP from the drop. You would gain loot worth 80% EP even though the extra hour's worth was never displayed.

Georgelemmons:

P2P and F2P E.P. are not linked. They do not transfer over, and rise and fall independently.

I checked on both worlds to start, and my E.P. was different on both. I gained 1% E.P. in F2P, and then checked to see on P2P, and my E.P. there had not changed. I gained 1% E.P. on a P2P world and checked a F2P world, and my E.P. had not changed.

qu168:

When I went tricking with a friend, I did an extra kill just for fun. I was still getting better drops after 0% than I normally would, so it would seem there is a residual effect.[/hide]

Please post anything I need to update, I will fix it :oops:

editedsig1ci.gif

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same I'd love to see the loot difference.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Got 100% EP, then got a ring of stone, dboots, and granite maul, causing me to lose 26% EP.

Not bad although it's not great either. Let us know when you try some more ;)

About 11 hours from now, That 70's Show is on. I'll AFK some potential while it's on. I'll probably hit about 85% EP from the two hours.

Great stuff, now all we need is for people to post their loot @ 100% EP :)

From 100% I got about 1.3M worth of drops, including a corrupt Zuriel's Staff and 2 Dragon Halberds. I also got two brawlers - Thieving ( #-o ) and Hunter ( :) ). It took seven kills before it drained to 0, and I kept getting Rune+ drops even at 1% potential.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Great stuff, now all we need is for people to post their loot @ 100% EP :)

From 100% I got about 1.3M worth of drops, including a corrupt Zuriel's Staff and 2 Dragon Halberds. I also got two brawlers - Thieving ( #-o ) and Hunter ( :) ). It took seven kills before it drained to 0, and I kept getting Rune+ drops even at 1% potential.

That's not bad, I might have to try this out myself :)

M_A_R_T.png

I need to sleep now....

Will be back in 7-9 hours.

Please share your experience if you can :)

I will put them up when I wake up.

Thanks to everyone who are kind and helpful to contrubute the information! :thumbsup:

editedsig1ci.gif

Isn't it a coincidence that a kill looses 26%... 26k Tricks maybe?

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

The other day I spent 2 hours at agilti course, and then went pking. Killed a guy and he lost 900k worth of stuff and I gained 200k worth of stuff. I got a few more pks and the loot was similar.

I log on after the update and it shows I had 9% ep. I then died twice for 800k each and it stayed at 9%.

So if I get 100% ep, will I get a pretty good drop? I know ur drops are factored by ur ep, how much u have lost, and the amount u and ur oppenent are risking.

w4M8t.png

I lost 39% EP last night when I dropped someone who was risking 2M and got 300k. So I imagine EP dropped upon a kill takes into account what they lose.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

People would often log 3-4 kill swaps when doing the 26k trick, with the fourth ussually being of less value. This goes along with this data.

Now, is it better to kill swap, or is it better to pk, as you might have a better chance of gaining the other person's drop.

w4M8t.png

People would often log 3-4 kill swaps when doing the 26k trick, with the fourth ussually being of less value. This goes along with this data.

Now, is it better to kill swap, or is it better to pk, as you might have a better chance of gaining the other person's drop.

Yeah, this goes in line with what I heard about it - except you know exactly when you will stop getting good loot.

100% EP

Drop -

74 Diamond Bolts (e)

Infinity Boots

G Maul

Rune Full Helm

& assorted food

Lost 24% of EP

86% EP

Zerker Ring

43 Dragon Arrows P+

Granite Legs

Rune Hally

& assorted Food

Lost 22% of EP

Not too bad

the_lad_1.png

this was my 100% - 0% EP :(

090609221702.png

t7mq9v.png

dragon drops: 2 legs, 3 skirts

dag kings: 9 zerker 3 axe , 1 seers , 4 warrior

bandos:hilt x4 tasset x 3 chest x 7 boots x 2

arma: hilt x1 chest x1 skirt x2 helm x1

+ much more :d

I think Jagex places differing values on Brawlers - that's why they have different alch values. Perhaps Agility ones are really expensive?

They all alch for 30K each.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Does EP go up faster on BH worlds wilderness or PVP worlds wilderness? Or the same speed on both.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

EP loss seems to vary. On my level 65 account, I killed a level 68 on a Bounty Hunter world. I had 100% EP, he was not a target, and my drop was a Granite Platebody, Glory Amulet, and the Dragon Dagger P++ he lost. I lost 75% EP.

On my level 137 account, I killed my level 133 friend who had 25k cash. Every kill cost me 21% or 22% alternating, so I believe it was a 21.5% loss. My loot ranged from a stack of Morrigan Javelins (37 of them, worth nearly 2M), to a rune kiteshield and combat bracelet (along with his 25k which made nearly 100k). I also allowed my friend to kill me, his numbers matched with mine: he lost 21% or 22% alternating. His loot too varied, anything from a Rune 2H and adamant bolts, to Dharoks Helm 0 (worth nearly 4m), to corrupted Morrigan's Javelins.

Also, half an hour (30 minutes) on PvP worlds, in the wilderness, doing nothing, seems to yield 25% EP consistently. It's possible to get higher than 25% but I'm not quite sure how: 30 minutes in the wilderness on a PvP world, fighting off a PKer and training, yielded 24%. However, another of my friends, on a level 43, got into several fights and trained for half an hour in a hot zone and got a whopping 35%.

It also seems if you spend part of your 30 minutes in non hot zone, and part of it in hot zone, your EP boost is lower than 25%. I ran through a non hotzone to get to mine so I'm guessing that's why I only gained 24%.

EDIT:

BH has the same yield as PvP. On my level 65, camping for 30 minutes in BH worlds with 75k risk yielded a 25% gain. The BH timer has 8 sections, each segment taking roughly 7 minutes and 30 seconds, the whole gauge taking 60 minutes. It seems you can get targets (though unlikely) once it's at least half full. However, assuming you start from nothing, you can expect to get 50% EP while getting a full target gauge, if you risk 75k.

However, unlike EP, target gauge goes up even if you aren't risking. Thus, if you already have 100% EP, you might be better off no-iteming until you get a target.

EDIT NUMBER 2:

Apparently, my friend thinks 44 - 19 is 35. Which it isn't. So never mind, highest gain we've seen so far is 25.