Lets make some pillow talk

das

So what kind of pillow do you sleep on?

I prefer feathered pillows myself, Not big on the brands, but I like fluffy pillows.

How do you like to lay your head down

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since I was a child I have used down-pillows. You see, much like the human eye is immutably beautiful no matter who it belongs to, any brand of down-pillow is just as comfortable as the next. It is a truly undiscriminating kind of comfort that is rare to find in almost anything anymore.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Down pillows seem to lose the fluff fast for my big head :(

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I'll rest my head on a folded blanket if I have to. I'm really not picky when it comes to pillows, but my blankets have to be thick. For some reason I can't sleep right unless my body is covered up, even if it's hot. Maybe it's just a security thing. I could never fall asleep in school because I didn't trust my environment.

I generally don't care to much on what type of pillow I use but I prefer a semi-firm pillow to lay on. I'm also not big on brands when it comes to pillows but I do own a brand pillow only because I got it really cheap after christmas and I needed to burn some money on a gift card.

tFtfA.jpg

I don't really care that much about pillows, but down pillows are the best. I prefer blankets, but lots of them. They need to be heavy, thick ones. Almost to the point where I feel like I'm being squished. I like lots of pillows too. When I'm sleeping I like to feel like I have fort around me, and like I'm squished, or in a hole. Makes me feel safe.

My pillow. And only my pillow. Period.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I don't mind the density of any pillow - it is the texture of the pillow cover that bothers me. Some of my friends have these plasticky-like covers that crumble and make noise when I move my head - I don't get it, I can't sleep with those. New pillow covers are terrible too, I just can't get used to them.

hiccup.png

Pillows that are soft but not so soft you go "through" it and feel like you're sleeping on the mattress.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Don't think I saw it mentioned yet...I normally sleep on a memory-foam pillow. It's made from the same stuff used in the mattresses you see on TV, but in pillow-form. It's extremely heavy but it feels amazing. I think after a year's use though, I've become tolerant to it's effects...

tipitsig.png

I like soft, slightly chilled pillows. I also sleep with fans on, even during the winter. When it's cold outside, I prefer sleeping with a sheet draped over my body and a thick blanket. When it's warm outside, I prefer sleeping with just two layers of sheets draped over my body. I always prefer to tuck myself in and put a pillow or blanket under my foot to keep it propped up. Tucking myself in mummy-style adds a sense of security when I sleep.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

For some reason I can't sleep right unless my body is covered up, even if it's hot. Maybe it's just a security thing. I could never fall asleep in school because I didn't trust my environment.

Same.

I hate really soft pillows, they annoy me, and most of the time I have to have two pillows, the only time I don't is if i'm at someones place and they don't give me two, I don't want to sound annoying. \'

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

As long as it has a cold side to it I'm not fussy. I think I'm more of a fan of the slightly thinner variety, not the neck pain inducing pumped up ones you find in a lot of hotels.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

As long as it's soft, and not lumpy, I'm fine with it. Though it cannot be too soft, else I junk sink into it and can feel the hard mattress under the pillow. At home, I actually stack up two pillows, because then it keeps my head level with the bed. One with a thicker part that's supposed to support your neck, and a cheap common pillow under it. With just one pillow, I sometimes get neck and shoulder aches in the morning.

dontfearthereaper2.png

As long as it has a cold side to it I'm not fussy.

I'ma have to say 'Same.' again, if only they cold invent a pillow tha would never get hot. :anxious:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Only Das...

Anyway, I don't know exactly what type it is but it's the slightly firm but soft one that retains it's shape and supports your neck. :thumbup:

I love it.

Also, it's medium thickness. Too thick and my neck is fixated at a 90 degree angle and I toss and turn.

Too thin and I unconsciously fold it in half to make it thick which leads to the above. However if I don't fold it - my neck bends backwards too much and makes it sore for the next 3 days.

Also, too much information ?

EDIT:

As long as it has a cold side to it I'm not fussy.

Oooh ! I know what you mean ! Just occaisonally turning because my head is not perpendicular to the pillow. Then my face heats up and then I smother myself. Cool pillows are the best. However as soon as you lie down it pinches a little and then feels really nice afterwards. :thumbup:

Pillows have a cool side? I usually have to turn my over to feel the coolness before it warms up and I turn it over again.

I usually like sleeping with two firm pillows but arranging them in an L format. Can't sleep with two pillows on top of one another.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

i have a firm, and super squishy pillow i usually make a L shape for my head and right arm (its kinna sensitive about positions after i dislocated it) but i really dont care at all. i'll occasionally just use my arms as my pillows

side note, its always fun thinking about the position you fell asleep in, and the one you wake up in

legends2.jpg