Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

Just because they didn't post a hint doesn't mean that there wont be an update this week.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea... I have *no exams* so this really bothers me. XD

I wish they would bring back BTS, because in all my 9 years with this game, this is one of the most slack times I've ever seen. There may be something going on that I don't realize, but they are messing up on updates, making stupid updates, or not doing updates at all. When was the last time EVERYONE liked an update? I remember when it used to happen all the time. I think Jagex NEEDS to feel the pressure on their backs so they can kick this into gear.

This is how I feel, too. I really miss the BTS. I don't care if they felt pressured. I'll probably calm down and feel a bit better when the second batch of Dungeoneering content comes out, but until then I'm gonna be the little kid in the backseat screaming "are we there yet?" every two minutes.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Pretty much what I expected. They'd finish the skill, then the time after it would be completely barren. I think this is just the beginning.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

2 updates involving >15 minutes of playtime in 7 weeks = disappointing

1. I think you mean '<15 minutes'

2. If that is what you mean, I would like to have my dungeoneering skillcape in <15 minutes too, you should make a guide about that! :wink:

(according to wiki: "a skill that was released in RuneScape on 12 April 2010" = 5 weeks ago)

1. I mean >15 minutes

2. Dungeoneering and FTP3 are the only updates of any note we have gotten in the mentioned 7 week period (dungeoneering, as you stated having been released 5 weeks ago, would indeed fall within this period as I said). All the others were completely forgettable, when we got one at all. since the start of april, we have gotten:

-Dungeoneering (I approve)

-Slayer challenges (this didn't change the game for most people who train slayer as they use kuradal, and for everyone else it presents only a slight, occasional deviation from the way things are done)

-Buyers and Cellars (10 minute quest with the option of doing some more one-time 10 minute quests for a trifling amount of xp)

-FTP3 (it was good, but honestly it wasn't even a master quest. the only reason people were even excited was because whenever jagex finishes a questline is a landmark occasion)

I try to avoid hating on Jagex, and I certainly wouldn't want them to compromise quality to meet a deadline, but honestly the quality and quantity of updates has been dropping recently.

FTP3 was good? Stupid quest storyline, a short quest after over a years worth of development diaries. The only decent part was the graphical rework of Zanaris, but that fell well short because it was supposed to also release bloom, but didn't because they couldn't get it up to snuff.

Since Dungeoneering, it's been a joke. It'll be like that for a while until they do bath two for the skill, then float on that until next year.

This is the year of awesomeness? <_<

well that's exactly the point; it wasn't a stellar series so there's no reason for it to have a stellar conclusion. with the exception of dungeoneering it's really the only decent update we've had in 2 months though. it was a quest, and you actually did stuff. the reward wasn't stunning but I'm happy enough with it. never worrying about forgetting my staff again, and never having to take the time glory back to edgeville to get it, is going to be wonderful.

Just because they didn't post a hint doesn't mean that there wont be an update this week.

how about this smart-[wagon] -.-

That wasn't necessary at all. You could have informed him of that tweet without being a jerk about it.

i know. and i feel bad about it

/edit: tbh it was because it's been mentioned a couple of times, all it takes is to read the last page before posting

//edit: and the"and i feel bad about it" wasn't sarcastic :P (i noticed it does look sarcastic)

Lord_Beloved.png

That wasn't necessary at all. You could have informed him of that tweet without being a jerk about it.

He probs shouldve gotten hsi facts straight before he posted then. of course every1 here is so hostile though

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

He probs shouldve gotten hsi facts straight before he posted then. of course every1 here is so hostile though

ive edited my post, so could we please drop it? I agree i shouldnt have been so unforgiving

Lord_Beloved.png

ive edited my post, so could we please drop it? I agree i shouldnt have been so unforgiving

Nah it was completely appropriate, too many kids fail at reading these days.

well there is something coming up this week that hasnt been discussed yet:

RuneScape: Paul Gower will be here for a live Twitter Q&A this Thursday from 5PM GMT. Hold you're questions till the day, just mark it in your diary :)

RuneScape: @Lpfreaky90 The Q/A will be here, on Thursday. Questions on Mahjarrat & Herblore very much welcome as Paul is in-charge of those. [Ajd]
Lord_Beloved.png

Oh boy, a Q&A. Too bad they never answer any of the interesting questions. And even if they did reveal something about future content, for all we know it will be years in the future what with all the crappy, bug ridden, should have been an "in other news" updates we've been getting recently. Not to mention these ever more common no update weeks. Still waiting for that WGS sequel <_<

It's alright, if he wants to call me a "Smart-[wagon]", I'm not going to get insulted or anything and I don't need the topic to get off-topic just for my sake. Thanks anyway, however.

I was unaware they had posted that they were to have no update this week. I probably should have double checked the twitter page I suppose.

That said, the slow updates don't bother me too terribly much. Runescape already has so much to do, it's not like I need brand new stuff every week to stay entertained.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

If you want to complain about the way Jagex does updates, please post in the rants sections. This topic is about the twitter updates, not your ignorance for coding and debugging, graphical design, and audio development. Thank you.

I like these less update weeks. It gives me more time to further explore current content before experiencing new content when it is released.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

It's alright, if he wants to call me a "Smart-[wagon]", I'm not going to get insulted or anything and I don't need the topic to get off-topic just for my sake. Thanks anyway, however.

I was unaware they had posted that they were to have no update this week. I probably should have double checked the twitter page I suppose.

That said, the slow updates don't bother me too terribly much. Runescape already has so much to do, it's not like I need brand new stuff every week to stay entertained.

A *lot* of people do. That's why you hear so much about it.

Twitter Q&A?

"Player 1: Are we going to meet Bilrach in the course of our Dungeoneering experience?

Paul: Anything's possible!"

And that sums up every answer we'll see during that Q&A.

Actually, Paul almost always gives good answers, so that's not really fair to him. If it were any other mod, however, I'd be very uninterested.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

RuneScape: @Masterx3829 Due to the size of recent updates the 3on/1off is now no more. Sorry for the misinformation on my part. [Ajd]

LMAO

/edit: somewhere im hoping stellar dawn will fail, so they will fully focus on rs again...

Lord_Beloved.png

RuneScape: @Masterx3829 Due to the size of recent updates the 3on/1off is now no more. Sorry for the misinformation on my part. [Ajd]

LMAO

/edit: somewhere im hoping stellar dawn will fail, so they will fully focus on rs again...

The best part about that twitter is its actually real :P

Oh the irony.

LMAO

Except Stellar Dawn is a completely different game with a completely different team that doesn't draw resources from Runescape.

Man I hope Duke Nukem Forever is canned so they can go back to focusing on Runescape again, herp derp.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

LMAO

Except Stellar Dawn is a completely different game with a completely different team that doesn't draw resources from Runescape.

Man I hope Duke Nukem Forever is canned so they can go back to focusing on Runescape again, herp derp.

i know they said that, but im not believing it for one bit, sir.

Lord_Beloved.png