Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

Bloom is the representation of a bright light, by way of having it spill over an area of the screen.

So why is everyone getting so excited about this? :unsure:

Because it looks hawt, atleast I think so.

I still don't understand the concept, what does it generally do?

Well anyways, I stalked up on high level farming seeds =P

bloom in oblivion, *points to sword*

it makes things look shiny like that.

Oblivion.jpg

Naaxi.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloom is the representation of a bright light, by way of having it spill over an area of the screen.

Because it looks hawt, atleast I think so.

I still don't understand the concept, what does it generally do?

Well anyways, I stalked up on high level farming seeds =P

Rather hard to explain, but it generaly makes the ground "glow" for lack of better words. :P

Here's an example:

HrdiBloomExample.jpg

Normaly you would just see blue sky/clouds and the marks in the window, but the bloom effect makes it glow.

Kinda like if your driving in a dark tunnel and start to see the exit, you would see a white opening untill you got closer and start to see what is outside the exit.

It was used a lot in the legend of zelda twilight princess for Wii.

Because it shows Jagex's technological and graphical expansion by doing new and innovative things using their proprietary graphics library .

Look at how Runescape has advanced. Jagex created its own OpenGL binding probably in c/c++ which is very efficient in the Java virtual Machine.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Because most people don't like playing MS-DOS games.

(i'm not saying Runescape looks like an MS-DOS game, i'm just saying graphical enhancements are important)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I think people have poorly explained what bloom is.

Bloom is the representation of the bloom-like halo/glow of light you get in a few situations:

1) Highly shined objects when reflecting a bright light

2) Windows which have a bright light outside them

3) Objects with a very bright light behind them

Its a difficult graphic to implement, thought becoming more common place, but when done right adds a lot to realism

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Update Reminder: 3 weeks of updates, 1 week off. The hint goes out Sunday's around 3pm GMT & the update happens some time that week. [Ajd]

Guess we didn't misinterpret it the first time, the one week off is becoming a permanent thing.

Update Reminder: 3 weeks of updates, 1 week off. The hint goes out Sunday's around 3pm GMT & the update happens some time that week. [Ajd]

Guess we didn't misinterpret it the first time, the one week off is becoming a permanent thing.

Well, it has always been like that, just not with a regular schedule for when the off-week is. Its a good thing that we know now IMO =)

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Out on time? We don't have a set update day! :P

The game update won't be today, it will be launched when it is ready, which should be this week.

^ Mod Emilee quote Quick find code: 164-165-34-60961284

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

The game update won't be today, it will be launched when it is ready, which should be this week.

Oh Pagan Gods, how I hate this!

Oh Pagan Gods, how I hate this!

was to be expected, it's a big update after all (if it does turn out to be ftp3 + graphics)

Lord_Beloved.png

Inb4noupdateweek. :P

hehe, don't think it will go that far we've still got Wednesday which is a common update day as well :)

Really hope its tomorrow, would suck with 2 no update weeks in a row. :unsure:

They still have like 2 hours to left to update right?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

They still have like 2 hours to left to update right?

Yeah but they said there will be no update today.

They posted a twitter hint for this week so there will most likely be an update tomorrow.

gah! This is my day off work. fml

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Found this through twitter:

http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Runescape-HD/interview/RuneScape-Interview-The-Dungeons-of-Daemonheim

"In the pipeline right now we're working on a 3-part quest looking at the various orders of Knight within the game, culminating with the release of a brand new minigame. We are also working on the conclusion of one of our oldest storylines, called The Mysteries of the Mahjarrat."

So the next Mahjarrat quest is the last one? :unsure: That came about quite quickly. All the talk about dungeoneering lvl 120 being like endgame content makes me wonder whether they're preparing for the inevitable death of RS already?

asrhasrh.jpg

don't judge :P it might be like a wgs +rfd length with high difficulty and a nomad type battle but harder.

Something to sink our teeth into...

Tooth fairy or something (FT3)?

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Something to sink our teeth into...

Tooth fairy or something (FT3)?

Yeh pretty much confirmed.

Although I really hate they do something stupid like come otu with a useless minigame, involving Timmy the Tooth, and helping him and his western acting career develop. Reward is braces, or headgear, great head ware that gives +3 slash def and +1 pray bonus. Also a wieldable Novocaine injector that stuns enemies.

timmy032.jpg

Found this through twitter:

http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Runescape-HD/interview/RuneScape-Interview-The-Dungeons-of-Daemonheim

"In the pipeline right now we're working on a 3-part quest looking at the various orders of Knight within the game, culminating with the release of a brand new minigame. We are also working on the conclusion of one of our oldest storylines, called The Mysteries of the Mahjarrat."

So the next Mahjarrat quest is the last one? :unsure: That came about quite quickly. All the talk about dungeoneering lvl 120 being like endgame content makes me wonder whether they're preparing for the inevitable death of RS already?

Working on the conclusion does not equal next quest is the last.

They are working on concluding all the old story lines, but its been confirmed they mostly have atleast 2 quests left a piece

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well, they are working on the conclusion yes? Does that mean that they cannot be working on both? It's likely that they are truly "working" on the next installment and have the conclusion going through briefs, concepts, and all that other crap they do that takes forever.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I'm actually happy it didnt come out today. My last final exam is today and I'm glad to have no reason to even consider spending some time on RS until tomorrow when im done for the summer.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Someone on the RS Official Forum pointed out that the Swan Song quest page was updated, so I looked.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/swan_song_members

The picture features new trolls, not sure if this is old or what, trolls are possibly getting a full graphic update this week.