Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

RuneScape: @helring we're not planning on adding purchasable weapons / game affecting items to RuneScape at this time. Ajd

Key words: "at this time"

I really hope they dont tbh :-/

Lord_Beloved.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RuneScape: @helring we're not planning on adding purchasable weapons / game affecting items to RuneScape at this time. Ajd

they always say "at this time" for anything they have no plans to do ever though. just look at the Q&A sessions

they always say "at this time" for anything they have no plans to do ever though. just look at the Q&A sessions

Yeah its a back covering policy.

If they see we do not plan to do this, but then find a year, 5 years or even 10 years down the line it is actual a good move die hard people will pull them up saying you said you'd never do this.

By saying no plans at this time, it gives them allowance that if something does change their mind of it years away they still have space to do it without going against their word

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

RuneScape: Mod Mark & the RS Dev team are discussing possible Lunar Spells updates - anyone got any really good ideas for how to improve them?

So theyre discussing updates to the lunar spellbook, if you have any suggestions now's your chance to tell them.

/edit:

RuneScape: mostly we're after ideas for new spells or modifications on existing spells. Ones that will expand on the current Lunar concept.

RuneScape: for example "an area affect healing spell" or "water a Farming patch from anywhere in the game world", that kinda thing. Mod Ajd

Lord_Beloved.png

What's wrong with the Lunar spellbook? I'd much rather if they could make some changes to the modern and the ancient spellbook.

Lunar's almost exclusively used for one spell (veng). Ancient is pretty powerful, and modern has its uses.

I'd like to see more PvP support spells. AoE healing sounds nice. I kind of wanted to suggest a spec deflection (cast on a teammate that's about to get specced, take 50% of the spec's damage on you)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

What's wrong with the Lunar spellbook? I'd much rather if they could make some changes to the modern and the ancient spellbook.

Lunar's almost exclusively used for one spell (veng). Ancient is pretty powerful, and modern has its uses.

I'd like to see more PvP support spells. AoE healing sounds nice. I kind of wanted to suggest a spec deflection (cast on a teammate that's about to get specced, take 50% of the spec's damage on you)

Thats pretty much the biggest misconception ive heard in ages. Maybe the book is only used for vengeance by combat minded people, but it's in fact the most useful spellbook by far for skillers, especially for farmers. Actually with the introduction of teletabs (already 4 years ago! :o) and the lvl 96 book swap spell its pretty much the best book for anyone (90+ percent) in RS.

/edit: Which doesn't mean im not eager to find out how theyre gonna make it even more useful though :D

//edit: some good player suggestions:

[hide=From nerbne on twitter]

@RuneScape 4th Hide tanning spell while it would be more costly then running it I'd rather get the magic exp & not run back & forth so much

about 3 hours ago via web in reply to RuneScape

@RuneScape 3rd one Temp Anvil makes an anvil appear so that we may hammer bar drops on location just awesome for many monsters! & mining

about 4 hours ago via web in reply to RuneScape

@RuneScape While we are at it how about a Float Spell? Would be good for certain dungenoneering bosses or future updates possibly

about 4 hours ago via web in reply to RuneScape

@RuneScape How about a glass blowing spell? Then you got the full process on the 1 book. Make molten glass, turn it into vials use humidify?

[/hide]

[hide=From lee-gion on RSOF]

Glass Make - A downgraded version of Superglass Make. Still destroys buckets but only makes 1 molten glass per seaweed/soda ash and bucket of sand.

Lucid Dream - An upgraded version of Dream. Player's life points restore at 10 times the normal rate until they move or reach full health.

Perfect soil - An upgraded version of Fertile Soil. Treats a patch with EXTREME compost.

Farming Kit - Creates a kit with various farming tools.

Crafting Kit - Creates a kit with various crafting tools.

Revive Plant - If a plant was in its last or second to last stage of growth before dying, you can revive it with this spell (this would obviously have to be a high level spell).

Tan Hides - Similar to the Bake Pie spell, but instead of cooking pies, tans hides.

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/c=IQnRFzrnTrE/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?185,186,286,60936124

[/hide]
Lord_Beloved.png

Teleports have limited use, really only if you're farming, and happen to have high magic. Superglass and plank make, however, do have some significant uses.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I would rather they make the healing spell a HoT instead. You are giving away 75% of your hp to another player, this pretty much means you are only going to use it when the other player is about to get koed. But the thing is, who is going to let their HP go that low? Any player would start cramming food down once they are below 50%. By making it a HoT, and perhaps make it have a casting time, I imagine it would be more helpful.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I would rather they make the healing spell a HoT instead. You are giving away 75% of your hp to another player, this pretty much means you are only going to use it when the other player is about to get koed. But the thing is, who is going to let their HP go that low? Any player would start cramming food down once they are below 50%. By making it a HoT, and perhaps make it have a casting time, I imagine it would be more helpful.

What does HoT mean though, i couldn't urban dictionary it for obvious reasons :unsure:

Lord_Beloved.png

What does HoT mean though, i couldn't urban dictionary it for obvious reasons :unsure:

Healing over time, similar to EE's special effect. You would gain a small amount of hp over time, for example right now a player gives away 75% of hp in one chunk right? I think it would be better if they split the chunk into smaller ones, for example 5% every 1 second etc until all 75% has been healed. The hp lost can be a DoT(Damage over time) as well.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Thats pretty much the biggest misconception ive heard in ages. Maybe the book is only used for vengeance by combat minded people, but it's in fact the most useful spellbook by far for skillers, especially for farmers. Actually with the introduction of teletabs (already 4 years ago! :o) and the lvl 96 book swap spell its pretty much the best book for anyone (90+ percent) in RS.

/edit: Which doesn't mean im not eager to find out how theyre gonna make it even more useful though :D

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/c=IQnRFzrnTrE/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?185,186,286,60936124

[/hide]

I agree with you on the skilling part. Whenever I extensively farm or slay I'm always on Lunar.

I was only talking about PvP. The PvP support spells (other than veng) in Lunar are rarely used. Heal other is too hard to use (because you have to aim it).

Share Pot is also really good but no one seems to realize how good it is for duoing :blink:

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Well, I was just thinking the other day that they missed a great oppurtunity. They made those law and nat staffs, which are sorta useful/not useful at all depending on who exactly you talk to. But they could have made an Astal staff! That would have been awsome for people who are perpetually on lunars. I think it would have more uses at least than the law/nat staffs.

Lunar spellbook could do with a few twitches here and there. It's supposed to be a hybrid of skiller and combat support spells, but several non-combat skills don't have any spells to support them, while MAJORITY of the combat support spells are useless. How often do you see people using potion share or heal other spell?

I like some of the suggestions, such as crafting kit, temporary anvil. Fishing could do with a fishing kit as well. And maybe a spell to summon the best pickaxr/hachet from your bank? As for combat support, it's a tricky matter to balance magic without making resouces such as food and potions obselete.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

A "illusion" and "can't catch me" spell

Can't Catch Me teleports you 7 spaces away from your opponet and interrupts combat allowing you to farcast etc.

Illusion is the same as above but also spawns 3 clones all hitting the same thing you hit except if you damage the enemy the clones don't to prevent easy KO's. The opponet has to go thru like nomad except its impossible to tell the difference between you and your clonez

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

A gatestone spell with cooldown would be nice.

I'd orgasm but nowadays everywhere's accessible with fairy rings or some kind of transport.

soloing would be too easy

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

I'd orgasm but nowadays everywhere's accessible with fairy rings or some kind of transport.

Not if they made it break if you died, you would still need to run back to the grave. Also, they could make them not work in some locations (like godwars, maybe resetting counter and appearing outside boss door). This would be epic for slayer though, and that is what most people would use this for I think.

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

Not if they made it break if you died, you would still need to run back to the grave. Also, they could make them not work in some locations (like godwars, maybe resetting counter and appearing outside boss door). This would be epic for slayer though, and that is what most people would use this for I think.

IT would make several skills easier to train by cutting bank trips. Would there be a need to make it unprofitable? or rather expensive so that it's not what everyone will use all the time for everything in any way but more of a way of convenience for the rich and lazy.

IT would make several skills easier to train by cutting bank trips. Would there be a need to make it unprofitable? or rather expensive so that it's not what everyone will use all the time for everything in any way but more of a way of convenience for the rich and lazy.

such a spell would break runecrafting lol

and dorgeshuun agility course

Naaxi.png

maybe require like 99 mage/crafting/smithing/mining to make one and then can be used anywhere

StarViv.png

maybe require like 99 mage/crafting/smithing/mining to make one and then can be used anywhere

just making something require multiple 99's doesn't make it any more balanced.

Its still broken but only a select %age of the population can use it.