Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

Better be something awesome or nothing at all; MW2 Stimulus Package is out on the PS3 this week. :thumbsup:

Modern Warfare 2: Because if you're dumb enough to pay 15 bucks for a couple of maps, you deserve what you get.

I paid 10$ for a Force Unleashed map... The map sucked.. I wish I could get a refund >.<

I'm 100% sure there will be an update to Runescape

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they're gonna take it easy this week :P.

No hint this week as there is no update this week. Sorry all but it's 3 weeks of updates then 1 week off, Mod Ajd

So what do we think of this new policy? It's the first time they admitted doing more regular no-update weeks, since they cancelled BTS's.

Lord_Beloved.png

No hint this week as there is no update this week. Sorry all but it's 3 weeks of updates then 1 week off, Mod Ajd

So what do we think of this new policy? It's the first time they admitted doing more regular no-update weeks, since they cancelled BTS's.

Man, its gonna take ages for good things to come then...

Elemental Workshop 3, Dragon Warhammer/ Crossbow, Fairy Tale Part 3, etc. :angry:

All those "useless updates" get in my way though. Slayer Challenges, do anyone do them?

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Well, I think it might have been a bad idea to tell people this. Some of us understand that this is just a target that they try to meet, but other people are just going to take it as the verbatim word of the way Runescape will be, and will just complain when things don't happen when they perseive that this new schedual has promised.

Though, I guess people rant when there are no updates, rant about updates when we have them, so it doesn't really matter.

Well, I think it might have been a bad idea to tell people this. Some of us understand that this is just a target that they try to meet, but other people are just going to take it as the verbatim word of the way Runescape will be, and will just complain when things don't happen when they perseive that this new schedual has promised.

Though, I guess people rant when there are no updates, rant about updates when we have them, so it doesn't really matter.

I think people are reading it wrong.

I think Mod Ajd is simply saying we've had 3 weeks of updates, we are now having 1 off.

Not saying we are now doing 3 weeks update 1 week off pattern forever more.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think Mod Ajd is simply saying we've had 3 weeks of updates, we are now having 1 off.

To bad it doesn't matter what was meant, only what other people are going to read into it. I didn't read it as hard and fast time table, but other people have already , and will continue to. Hence the bad phrasing/wording/idea.

edit: this just confirms my idea that twitter give you just enough charactors to hang yourself (missunderstanding wise) and not enough to make sure you say what you mean.

It has happened a lot since 2009, though.

priest_wiz.png

Better be something awesome or nothing at all; MW2 Stimulus Package is out on the PS3 this week. :thumbsup:

Modern Warfare 2: Because if you're dumb enough to pay 15 bucks for a couple of maps, you deserve what you get.

Though I am disappointed that they cut out any zombie or new weapons, I'm still content that 15 bucks keeps Activision alive for a bit longer, and I'll get to keep those maps for a few years instead of a month.

Activision is doing fine, now that it's merged with Blizzard. It is Infinity Ward that is hemorrhaging employees and, according to industry analysts, is essentially a non-functioning studio at this point.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Though I am disappointed that they cut out any zombie or new weapons, I'm still content that 15 bucks keeps Activision alive for a bit longer, and I'll get to keep those maps for a few years instead of a month.

Activision is doing fine, now that it's merged with Blizzard. It is Infinity Ward that is hemorrhaging employees and, according to industry analysts, is essentially a non-functioning studio at this point.

Yeah, Its infinity ward that sucks, Treyarch knows how to give customers what they want rather then Infinity ward which tends to screw it up every time they try.

Zombies btw is Treyarchs thing, i doubt it would ever come out for the MW range. Really looking forward to Black ops tbh.

Now back on topic.

Knew this was coming since they tend to do it the week after bank holidays. Gives me nothing else new to do other than train dungeoneering so i guess its a good thing.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

I don't really mind, because between Dungeoneering and a bunch of other updates I haven't tried yet there's still a lot I can do. Perhaps the week off will give Jagex enough time to get their next few updates ahead of schedule so they're ready for the next couple of weeks.

I'm a bit confused about the Twitter "no update" announcement.

Does this mean the end of 4 updates a month?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The way they wrote it could very well mean just that.

Im putting my money on no more 4 update months anyway.

I don't think we've actually had a 4 update month for a good year or so.

We've had 3:1, 2:2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It was changed from 4 to 3 a while ago, I had a go looking at the poll archives but for the life of me I had no luck finding it.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

[hide]

It was changed from 4 to 3 a while ago, I had a go looking at the poll archives but for the life of me I had no luck finding it.

[/hide]

I seem to remember something about 4 week months getting 1 big + 2 small updates and 5 week months having 2 big updates and 2 small.

Anyone else remember that? :P

No idea where it was said though. Possibly in some new years message for 2010.

[hide]

[/hide]

I seem to remember something about 4 week months getting 1 big + 2 small updates and 5 week months having 2 big updates and 2 small.

na that was earlier, maybe early 2009? they never managed to even do one month of that though...

(couldnt find that news post, but i know it was based on a poll)

Lord_Beloved.png

I think having this week off was a good idea. :P

Got 2 test to study for this week and now I can runecraft inbetween studying. :thumbup:

Yea... I have a biology exam on Wednesday, chemistry on Thursday, physics quiz on Thursday... Not to mention a bundle of assignments (Biology for today [Monday], chemistry on Tuesday [take-home quiz & lab reports], physics homework on Thursday...]). >_< Will probably mine in between if I do log in.

I think with the fact that they've had such a large update last month with dungeoneering and all, it is a well deserved break. :)

[hide]

[/hide]

na that was earlier, maybe early 2009? they never managed to even do one month of that though...

(couldnt find that news post, but i know it was based on a poll)

It was in the BTS from october 2008.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/newsitem.ws?id=1434&allcat=true

God I miss those BTS...

priest_wiz.png

I really don't mind- I'm off rs for the next month xD

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]