Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

Hi guys,

As promised, I’m posting to confirm that there will not be a game update today. This is due to an issue concerning the technical update which we were preparing for last week.

Of course, we are working on rectifying this issue and I will let you know whether there is going to be any further delays.

Sorry for any disappointment caused by this announcement.

Quick find code: 16-17-329-60965920

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured this would be the best place to post this. Jagex have told Gamerzines.com that the last Mahjarrat quest, which has been promised to be GM, will be called "The Ritual of the Mahjarrat". Obv title much? =)

Gamerzines interview

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

One of the glorious things about being your own publisher is that we really can look at today's news and forum feedback and say "No! We're not doing it right, let's do this instead" and take a complete 360 turn

I love how that if you take a full 360 degree turn, then you continue in the exact same way. ^^, (not meant to criticize jagex or anything, just found it a bit fun :3)

Also, finishing the mahjarrat storyline will be a bit sad, but also epic, fantastic, fun, amazing and all that stuff. I'm a quest nub, and I really hope that quest will be amaing. (just think about that they started this storyline with temple of ikov all those years back (or perhaps it was the hazeel cult, both came before I started playing)

Scherzo.png

What a bunch of BS numbers in that interview. 10,000 monsters? Where? There are only a couple of dozen monster types. Even if you take variations into account there are nowhere near 10,000.

1,000 "skill-based challenges to open doors"? Gosh, I seem to be missing well over 90% of them somehow.

I understand PR, but Dungeoneering is already a great piece of content. Why can't they just be honest about its strengths instead of spewing such obvious manure?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

What a bunch of BS numbers in that interview. 10,000 monsters? Where? There are only a couple of dozen monster types. Even if you take variations into account there are nowhere near 10,000.

1,000 "skill-based challenges to open doors"? Gosh, I seem to be missing well over 90% of them somehow.

I understand PR, but Dungeoneering is already a great piece of content. Why can't they just be honest about its strengths instead of spewing such obvious manure?

My exact thoughts.

Because they are a company, and this is free advertisement for them. Better to lie their [wagon] off than say, hey, we [bleeped] up our new "skill"!

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

They're probably counting a monster for each level a monster can have, and also a door challenge for each possible level.

BS and lame if you ask me.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

This is getting absurd.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

They're probably counting a monster for each level a monster can have, and also a door challenge for each possible level.

Yep Jagex probably count from 1-104 in each skill for each door so 104 * the amount of skill doors, then the level monster ranges, just like hours of gameplay is ridiculous when its, "hours of lighting the same log over and over"

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Yep Jagex probably count from 1-104 in each skill for each door so 104 * the amount of skill doors, then the level monster ranges, just like hours of gameplay is rediculous when its, "hours of lighting the same log over and over"

This.

Yeeaah... I'd better see like 9800 more monster types in batch 2 or there will be hell to pay.

Probably what they did was count each monster 11 times because they seem to follow the same tier system as resources. Even THEN it's nowhere near 10000. Nevermind the fact that this is a lame tactic to inflate the numbers. Also nevermind that most monsters were simply recycled from elsewhere in the game...

Don't get me wrong here, I think the skill is fun, but yeah, pretty pissed with this nonsense.

One of the glorious things about being your own publisher is that we really can look at today's news and forum feedback and say "No! We're not doing it right, let's do this instead" and take a complete 360 turn

I love how that if you take a full 360 degree turn, then you continue in the exact same way. ^^, (not meant to criticize jagex or anything, just found it a bit fun :3)

Brilliant, I caught on to that as well. I wonder if there is a correlation between fail math skills and fail design/marketing skills.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

What exactly is that? I see fairies and it looks new, but where's it from?

Really hoping for the update today too.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

What exactly is that? I see fairies and it looks new, but where's it from?

Really hoping for the update today too.

Its the picture that will accompany the news post

its found by changing the current news post picture:

runefest_event.jpg

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/img/Large/ runefest_event.jpg

to

fairy_tale_part_3.jpg

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/img/Large/ fairy_tale_part_3.jpg

Lord_Beloved.png

Guess it's FTP3 tims then :thumbsup:. Quietly hoping for a high level quest with beastlike herb req's

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

Disappointed they kept the changes to the colour of Zanaris. I will miss the bright turquoise blue.

Looking forward to the quest itself though.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Disappointed they kept the changes to the colour of Zanaris. I will miss the bright turquoise blue.

Looking forward to the quest itself though.

Heh - I've been hoping that they would take away the turquoise since the last graphical update to zanaris. It hurts my eyes x]

Scherzo.png