Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

Was there an update before Fairytale III?

If not, then we just had 1 week update, 1 week no update in a row. :mellow:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RuneScape: @LordBeloved No, the Smithing gear in Dunegoneering wasn't the Smithing Update that we have coming. More on that soon. [Ajd]

Good to have that confirmed. I was getting worried! :)

Lord_Beloved.png

2 updates involving >15 minutes of playtime in 7 weeks = disappointing

1. I think you mean '<15 minutes'

2. If that is what you mean, I would like to have my dungeoneering skillcape in <15 minutes too, you should make a guide about that! :wink:

(according to wiki: "a skill that was released in RuneScape on 12 April 2010" = 5 weeks ago)

In the 'old' days of rs, updates were rare events, sprung on with a complete surprise, with months in between, but they were usually big quests, I'm not sure if weekly updates are as exciting as it used to be.

absyscapesu4ef6.jpg

Customer: I wish to register a complaint. I wish to complain about this parrot frequently updated online game what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.

Jagex: Ah yes, the Norwegian Blue Runescape. What's wrong with it?

C: I'll tell you what's wrong with it. It's dead infrequently updated, that's what's wrong with it.

J: Nah, nah it's resting, look.

C: Now my lad, I know a dead parrot infrequently updated online game when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

J: Nah, nah, it's not dead infrequently updated it's resting.

C: Resting?

J: Yah, yah, remarkable bird game the Norwegian Blue Runescape, innit? Beautiful plumage graphics.

C: The plumage graphics don't enter into it, it's stone dead infrequently updated.

J: Nah, nah it's resting.

C: Alright then, if it's resting, I'll wake it up {riots on various worlds and forums}.

{Jagex produces small update}

J: There it moved updated.

C: No it didn't! That was you pushing the cage throwing us a cheap update followed by a no update week.

J: I did not!

C: Yes you did {more rioting}. Now that's what I call a dead parrot infrequently update game.

J: Nah, nah, it's stunned technical. Your Norwegian Bluesm stun Runescape gets technical easily.

C: Look my lad I've had just about enugh of this. That parrot online game is definitely deceased infrequently updated, and when I bought it not half an hour ago you assured me that its lack of movement updates was due to it the staff being tired and shagged out after a particualrly long squawk big update.

J: It's probably pining for the fjords Mod Fnord.

C: Pining for the fjords Mod Fnord!? What kind of talk is that? Look why did it fall flat on its back get two no update weeks in a month the moment I got it home?

J: The Norwegian Blue Runescape prefers kipping on its back two no update weeks. It's a beautiful bird game, lovely plumage graphics.

C: I took the liberty of examining that bird game, and the only reason it was sitting on its perch was that it had been nailed there was updated was because you had a back log of good ideas.

J: Well of course it was nailed there due to a back log of good ideas. If it wasn't it would have muscled up to those bars and VOOM gone over to that Blizzard and kicked WOW off the map.

C: Look matey. That bird wouldn't VOOM kick WOW off the map if put 4000 volts through it. It's bleeding demised.

J: It's not, it's pining.

C: It's not pining it's passed on. This parrot game is no more (updated). It has ceased to be (updated). It has expired and gone to meet it's maker passed its update deadline. This is a late parrot updated game. It's a stiff. Bereft of life updates, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to the perch given us a small update it would be pushing up the daisies. It's run down the curtain and joined the Choir Invisible. This is an ex parrot frequently updated game.

J: All right. I'll replace update it then.

And so on....

Apologies to Mr Python, Monty.

Seriously, I am not all that bothered personally about the lack of updates. I can understand that some people are bothered, but I've got plenty of game content to occupy me. I calculate that at my current rate of training I should have all 99s, and Dungeoneering 120, when I am 73. That's not even considering minigames and what have you. Still, I'd like a few more quests, especially plot filled ones that reveal lots of story about Runescape. It's a bit annoying that there have been two no update weeks in the last three, but it is just a game after all. Not the end of the universe.

Louis_Redux.png

All skills 70+ again 16/06/2010

Customer: I wish to register a complaint. I wish to complain about this parrot frequently updated online game what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.

Jagex: Ah yes, the Norwegian Blue Runescape. What's wrong with it?

C: I'll tell you what's wrong with it. It's dead infrequently updated, that's what's wrong with it.

J: Nah, nah it's resting, look.

C: Now my lad, I know a dead parrot infrequently updated online game when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

J: Nah, nah, it's not dead infrequently updated it's resting.

C: Resting?

J: Yah, yah, remarkable bird game the Norwegian Blue Runescape, innit? Beautiful plumage graphics.

C: The plumage graphics don't enter into it, it's stone dead infrequently updated.

J: Nah, nah it's resting.

C: Alright then, if it's resting, I'll wake it up {riots on various worlds and forums}.

{Jagex produces small update}

J: There it moved updated.

C: No it didn't! That was you pushing the cage throwing us a cheap update followed by a no update week.

J: I did not!

C: Yes you did {more rioting}. Now that's what I call a dead parrot infrequently update game.

J: Nah, nah, it's stunned technical. Your Norwegian Bluesm stun Runescape gets technical easily.

C: Look my lad I've had just about enugh of this. That parrot online game is definitely deceased infrequently updated, and when I bought it not half an hour ago you assured me that its lack of movement updates was due to it the staff being tired and shagged out after a particualrly long squawk big update.

J: It's probably pining for the fjords Mod Fnord.

C: Pining for the fjords Mod Fnord!? What kind of talk is that? Look why did it fall flat on its back get two no update weeks in a month the moment I got it home?

J: The Norwegian Blue Runescape prefers kipping on its back two no update weeks. It's a beautiful bird game, lovely plumage graphics.

C: I took the liberty of examining that bird game, and the only reason it was sitting on its perch was that it had been nailed there was updated was because you had a back log of good ideas.

J: Well of course it was nailed there due to a back log of good ideas. If it wasn't it would have muscled up to those bars and VOOM gone over to that Blizzard and kicked WOW off the map.

C: Look matey. That bird wouldn't VOOM kick WOW off the map if put 4000 volts through it. It's bleeding demised.

J: It's not, it's pining.

C: It's not pining it's passed on. This parrot game is no more (updated). It has ceased to be (updated). It has expired and gone to meet it's maker passed its update deadline. This is a late parrot updated game. It's a stiff. Bereft of life updates, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to the perch given us a small update it would be pushing up the daisies. It's run down the curtain and joined the Choir Invisible. This is an ex parrot frequently updated game.

J: All right. I'll replace update it then.

And so on....

Apologies to Mr Python, Monty.

Seriously, I am not all that bothered personally about the lack of updates. I can understand that some people are bothered, but I've got plenty of game content to occupy me. I calculate that at my current rate of training I should have all 99s, and Dungeoneering 120, when I am 73. That's not even considering minigames and what have you. Still, I'd like a few more quests, especially plot filled ones that reveal lots of story about Runescape. It's a bit annoying that there have been two no update weeks in the last three, but it is just a game after all. Not the end of the universe.

For anyone who wishes to see that episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjOSLCR2hE :D

Lord_Beloved.png

Update Reminder: 3 weeks of updates, 1 week off. The hint goes out Sunday's around 3pm GMT & the update happens some time that week. [Ajd]

This promise lasted for how long, almost one week?

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Exams this Thursday and the following Monday and Tuesday, so yay no updates to drive me insane. XD

Although I'm gonna cringe after exams because of my silly goals. XD Oh well, at least 70+ dungeoneering is looking a lot more realistic now since I finally got some help in figuring out HOW to get decent XP, even while soloing.:thumbsup:

Update Reminder: 3 weeks of updates, 1 week off. The hint goes out Sunday's around 3pm GMT & the update happens some time that week. [Ajd]

Well .. next month is somewhere at the end of the year.

Tomorrow is in 3 days and hopefully this week...

;) By their standards.. they lasted aproximately 5 months.

Anyway, A record in itself!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Not too bothered, since last weeks had problems and was released late its probably gone past the deadline to get this weeks update ready. As long as we get a few weekly updates in a row from next week.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Exams this Thursday and the following Monday and Tuesday, so yay no updates to drive me insane. XD

Although I'm gonna cringe after exams because of my silly goals. XD Oh well, at least 70+ dungeoneering is looking a lot more realistic now since I finally got some help in figuring out HOW to get decent XP, even while soloing.:thumbsup:

Decent XP even while soloing? Care to share your wisdom on the matter?

Louis_Redux.png

All skills 70+ again 16/06/2010

I actually dont mind this lol

I have 4 A level exams in the next two weeks anyway (2 Maths, 2 Geography)

At least there will be no update to distract me...lol

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

Yea... I have *no exams* so this really bothers me. XD

I wish they would bring back BTS, because in all my 9 years with this game, this is one of the most slack times I've ever seen. There may be something going on that I don't realize, but they are messing up on updates, making stupid updates, or not doing updates at all. When was the last time EVERYONE liked an update? I remember when it used to happen all the time. I think Jagex NEEDS to feel the pressure on their backs so they can kick this into gear.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

In the 'old' days of rs, updates were rare events, sprung on with a complete surprise, with months in between, but they were usually big quests, I'm not sure if weekly updates are as exciting as it used to be.

This is untrue. What "old days" of RS are you talking about? Even from early classic, most months were full of updates. At the start of each months, they told you all the updates they were planning, and each week after that they would implement it. There was never "months without updates".

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

They didn't say in which order the no-update week and the 3 update weeks are. The last period was 3 weeks of update then one week of no-update, now we had 1 update week followed by a no-update week. This could mean the next 2 weeks are update weeks and after that the next period begins.

Or they just don't have a crystal ball to know the future. There can always be problems with future updates and if they say they want a 3 updates +1 no-update scheme they will do their best to make it possible. So be happy if there are updates and don't always complain if there is a no-update week.

[404] Signature not found.

Because of the lack of and lackluster updates, I've been playing LotRO and I don't know if I'll ever come back to RS. Well, I do come back every week for my "free stuff" but that's about it. Since I pay a small fee (for getting a subscription at a cheap price), I don't really mind it. If the updates continue in this fashion, however, I'll just quit.

I know they don't owe me anything, but I don't owe them a subscription, either. I think that's how most people feel.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Still no hint? <_< Really good with what they said so far...

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Still no hint? <_< Really good with what they said so far...

There wont be a hint because there wont be an update. :P

Hint expected this coming sunday.

(Soon they will change 3 updates and 1 week off to 1 update and 1 week off. ;))

which will in turn lead to 1 update 2 weeks off, then 1 update a month.

I'm willing to place a bet that there will be a period of 30 days within the next 2 years in which there is only 1 update (not counting bug fixes)

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

which will in turn lead to 1 update 2 weeks off, then 1 update a month.

I'm willing to place a bet that there will be a period of 30 days within the next 2 years in which there is only 1 update (not counting bug fixes)

tbh, i could live with only bugfix weeks. That would be better than how they handle bugs now (i.e. change the knowledge base)

Lord_Beloved.png